The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - Part 84

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they actually did something interesting with the parents storyline I could see a credible argument for them being used in this franchise. But it was one of the least interesting dull aspects of these movies, and the so called pay off to the 'untold story' being Spider-Man was in Peter's DNA all along was just idiotic.

The parents angle imo is something this franchise did very right. It gave the reboot a bit of a facelift. I wouldnt change much of it other than richards secret lair he somehow secretly created

As I said, I'm in favor of his parents being in the franchise, just not prolonging their story in TASM2.

I thought it touched an aspect fans such as myself, others, and the GA probably have wondered about in previous films (not comparing it).

The opening scene was emotional as well, in my opinion. It kind of brought me to a low point as the plane crashed, but picked me right back up as Spidey's logo appears and he's swinging into the city. I thought that was brilliantly done.

Additionally, I think it's something that had to be brought up at some point. Every kid who's parents go missing is left with an emotional impact, either hating their parents or wondering where they went. I don't think future reboots will need to address it now, but I'm happy to have seen it on the big screen in this series. It's just efficiently using their storyline would have made room for better character development not only for Harry, but probably Max, too.

Yes because Kraven is the obvious choice to go next with the "Everything Is Oscorp" theme going.

I don't think the oscorp theme will keep going at this point but I do believe KRAVEN will be involved with oscorp like after he's been defeated by spiderman in a very long battle he just found out by oscorp either tracking him down or just called in by mister fiers or someone working for him to turn him into a wolf, lion or any ferocious feral like in the ultimate version and Tssm

I'm new here so I just want to know.............There's a page limit?

Kraven should just be hired by Oscorp with upgraded weapons.
It would make sense
But that's it

My whole issue with Electro has to be that he is this villain with a great deal of power, yet I never once felt as though he was dangerous. I take that back, he was only intimidating or threatening in one scene. When Harry is using him to break into Oscorp and Electro stabs that guy through the chest and then says "remember me?" with a snarl and 'snaps' some electricity that sends wreckage throughout the office of Menken. Otherwise he was rather non-threatening.

I never had one moment where I felt Spidey wasn't gonna be able to take him down. Even when Electro had Spidey caught in mid-air and wrapped up with electricity, I never felt like "oh no, Spidey might not win this." It's difficult to describe maybe but it's like there wasn't any real tension. Electro should have been more dangerous and carried with him a much higher threat level based on his power set.

Electro doesn't make much sense to be in this story. What does he do that affect the other characters?

Electro was okay....
He was supposed to be a tool though. If they only showed him in the trailers with no GG or Rhino, we would think much differently

As I said, I'm in favor of his parents being in the franchise, just not prolonging their story in TASM2.

I thought it touched an aspect fans such as myself, others, and the GA probably have wondered about in previous films (not comparing it).

The opening scene was emotional as well, in my opinion. It kind of brought me to a low point as the plane crashed, but picked me right back up as Spidey's logo appears and he's swinging into the city. I thought that was brilliantly done.

Additionally, I think it's something that had to be brought up at some point. Every kid who's parents go missing is left with an emotional impact, either hating their parents or wondering where they went. I don't think future reboots will need to address it now, but I'm happy to have seen it on the big screen in this series. It's just efficiently using their storyline would have made room for better character development not only for Harry, but probably Max, too.

Agrees completely. I also noticed the clock strikes the last moment you see richard and mary, indicating death. The clock/time running out/death theme was pretty excellent imo

I don't think the oscorp theme will keep going at this point but I do believe KRAVEN will be involved with oscorp like after he's been defeated by spiderman in a very long battle he just found out by oscorp either tracking him down or just called in by mister fiers or someone working for him to turn him into a wolf, lion or any ferocious feral like in the ultimate version and Tssm
Oh I hope not. Feral/animal kraven has always sucked. Keep him human

Oh I hope not. Feral/animal kraven has always sucked. Keep him human

Yes! If there was anything I did NOT like about TSSM, it's that they made Kraven into a big cat. I understand the 'how' and the 'why' but it would have been better to continue to see Kraven as Kraven.

I felt nothing for Gwen's death. Was it done well? Yea but I would have preferred a quick sudden death which would be more shocking.

Still the leading up to her death was terrible. There was nothing shocking about her death or nothing to feel.

Meh, Peter loses Gwen. Who cares? We know he well have a red hair coming his way.
[/QUOTE ]

you sir have no soul...

I watched amz spidey before seeing this in theaters and started sobbing. No comic film thus far has ever caused me to do that...

I felt nothing for Gwen's death. Was it done well? Yea but I would have preferred a quick sudden death which would be more shocking.

Still the leading up to her death was terrible. There was nothing shocking about her death or nothing to feel.

Meh, Peter loses Gwen. Who cares? We know he well have a red hair coming his way.
[/QUOTE ]

you sir have no soul...

I watched amz spidey before seeing this in theaters and started sobbing. No comic film thus far has ever caused me to do that...
Exactly
They showed too much in the trailers, I was told she died,I knew what to expect
but the way it was done and handeled was stunningly shocking.
I was at at edge of my seat.

My heart must've been at ****ing 190 BPM by the time she hit the floor.

Intense as hell.

[/QUOTE ]

you sir have no soul...

I have a soul. I was completely on the edge of my seat when Wolverine was drowning to death in DOFP with no way of getting out. I was on the edge of my seat with Cap and Bucky's fight. Hell I was on the edge of my seat during TDKR when Bats went with the Bat and the bomb.

TASM2 has no consequence. Big deal Pete lost Gwen. Next up he will have a red hair. That's another problem.

If anyone knows anything about Spidey, you know Gwen dies and Peter hooks up with MJ. You know this relationship won't last so why care for it?

No one really knew Catwoman would be in Dark Knight Rises.

It's a problem with building up a Cinematic Universe.

Hell I thought Pepper died in IM3 and was more shocked at that scene then Gwen.

I have a soul. I was completely on the edge of my seat when Wolverine was drowning to death in DOFP with no way of getting out. I was on the edge of my seat with Cap and Bucky's fight. Hell I was on the edge of my seat during TDKR when Bats went with the Bat and the bomb.

TASM2 has no consequence. Big deal Pete lost Gwen. Next up he will have a red hair. That's another problem.

If anyone knows anything about Spidey, you know Gwen dies and Peter hooks up with MJ. You know this relationship won't last so why care for it?

No one really knew Catwoman would be in Dark Knight Rises.

It's a problem with building up a Cinematic Universe.

Hell I thought Pepper died in IM3 and was more shocked at that scene then Gwen.

... then you're just a strange one lol. Wolverines "drowning" was just "ehh" they werent killing him off... no emotion needed there

And the bat nuke really? You mean the absolute worst part of the film and massive plot hole of rediculousness? It was nuclear bomb that exploded 10 miles from the city... gotham should be full of irradiated death and no way in hell would bruce survived that... it was the biggest eye roll of the film...

Sorry but seeing such a tragic scene I grew up reading was incredibly emotional. And beautifully handled. You just simply dont like romantic drama.

I dont think her death was suppose to shock the knowledgable audience. Shock doesnt = emotion. im glad it wasnt shock value. It was handled very well

It wasn't so much with worrying about Wolverine dying, it's more that I thought if Wolverine died in the past his mission would fail. I don't get why Kitty didn't try to wake him up and have him fight a Sential.

But still I just didn't feel it with Gwen's death. To me it was poorly handled.

Harry's death in Spidey 3 is more shocking and sadder then Gwen's death. Also more unexpected and handled better.

Maybe it's because of this Spidey universe but in this series there are only 2 allies to Peter that could die in Aunt May and Gwen. Peter doesn't have a supporting cast.

In Raimi we had MJ, Harry, Aunt May, Robinson, Jonah, the apartment manger, and Bruce Campbell.

Still Gwen's death was just so anticlimaxed to me because of the mess of the film and the trailers.

"But still I just didn't feel it with Gwen's death. To me it was poorly handled.

Harry's death in Spidey 3 is more shocking and sadder then Gwen's death. Also more unexpected and handled better."

That's it.

:doh:

30wphfo.jpg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennydavis