The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - Part 83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they somehow bring him back for TASM3, which I think is just prolonging the storyline of his parents when they can easily focus elsewhere.

Is there anyone out there who wants that parents storyline dragged on for a third movie? I don't think even the fans of these movies want that.

Black Nerd finally saw it. I think I, Joker, and ANE will like it.

[YT]ljuPkqkXKUc[/YT]

Is there anyone out there who wants that parents storyline dragged on for a third movie? I don't think even the fans of these movies want that.

I don't.

Some people here argued not even having them at all in this series. I've personally always wondered about his parents, but they could have covered them in the first movie and shifted their focus on Harry for TASM2.

I saw this movie yesterday. I honestly think we would've had a better movie if Electro was more of a threat instead of getting beaten in his first confrontation with Spidey and sent off to Ravencroft until Osbourn broke him out. Electro being an uncontrollable force of nature was a great angle to go with for the main storyline of the movie, but instead they wasted far too much time with the Oscorp stuff and the Richard Parker stuff and I didn't really care about any of it and none of it was integrated into the movie very well. Too many storylines, the focus was pulled in a hundred different directions, and I am don't think they ever really "earned" Gwen's death. I know they tried to set it up with her graduation speech at the beginning and stuff but I don't think it was enough.

Edit: Oh and I HATED the Rhino. Hated the choice of the actor, the stupid Russian accent, the mech suit and the ending where he just stands there while Spider-Man is talking to that kid. Just awful.

Last edited:
That's why there was less rules because there was less hostility back then. Moderators didn't have to be as strict as they do nowadays. I mean we're not allowed to even compare the Webb and Raimi movies here because it gets too hostile. It was never taboo to discuss topics like that back in the day.

When arguments did break out they were usually highly entertaining. Remember your run ins with Symbiotica lol? She hated Black Cat and you loved her. Oh they were fun times.

Well that's awesome that you got to meet Stan the Man. And pics to commemorate it. I hope you told him how much he means to you. And yeah it's amazing meeting your idols, especially if you've been fans of them since childhood. Meeting Kevin Conroy was one of the best experiences of my life.

Honestly... I think people should just let the arguments happen. Discussion involves debating and unless people are name calling and being disrespectful it should be allowed. If people grow tired of it. Move to another thread or block the person. I miss great debates

I don't.

Some people here argued not even having them at all in this series. I've personally always wondered about his parents, but they could have covered them in the first movie and shifted their focus on Harry for TASM2.

The parents angle imo is something this franchise did very right. It gave the reboot a bit of a facelift. I wouldnt change much of it other than richards secret lair he somehow secretly created

Black Nerd finally saw it. I think I, Joker, and ANE will like it.

[YT]ljuPkqkXKUc[/YT]

Great review overall. Though I didn't agree with some things he said, the bulk of it was spot on. He was a bit harsher than me in some areas. He said he felt nothing for Gwen's death scene.

I don't.

If they actually did something interesting with the parents storyline I could see a credible argument for them being used in this franchise. But it was one of the least interesting dull aspects of these movies, and the so called pay off to the 'untold story' being Spider-Man was in Peter's DNA all along was just idiotic.

I saw this movie yesterday. I honestly think we would've had a better movie if Electro was more of a threat instead of getting beaten in his first confrontation with Spidey and sent off to Ravencroft until Osbourn broke him out. Electro being an uncontrollable force of nature was a great angle to go with for the main storyline of the movie, but instead they wasted far too much time with the Oscorp stuff and the Richard Parker stuff and I didn't really care about any of it and none of it was integrated into the movie very well. Too many storylines, the focus was pulled in a hundred different directions, and I am don't think they ever really "earned" Gwen's death. I know they tried to set it up with her graduation speech at the beginning and stuff but I don't think it was enough.

Edit: Oh and I HATED the Rhino. Hated the choice of the actor, the stupid Russian accent, the mech suit and the ending where he just stands there while Spider-Man is talking to that kid. Just awful.

:up: :up:

Honestly... I think people should just let the arguments happen. Discussion involves debating and unless people are name calling and being disrespectful it should be allowed. If people grow tired of it. Move to another thread or block the person. I miss great debates

That's what I meant by it being a better class of posters overall back in the day. Those kind of debates used to be able to happen without WWIII breaking out.

Treating villains in a serious manner and as a viable threat, as any leading comic book villain should be, doesn't mean they're better than the A listers. Let me make an analogy using the aforementioned Dark Knight Rises and Bane as an example; technically Bane taking all of Gotham City hostage for 5 months is worse than what Joker did to Gotham. Does that mean Bane is a better villain than the Joker? Of course not. The Joker was a deadlier threat in a different way. He hurt Batman more personally. He killed Rachel, he forced Batman to become a fugitive, he turned all of Gotham against Batman, he destroyed Harvey Dent etc. The consequences of Joker's evil had years of effects and repercussions on Batman, Gordon, Gotham etc.

My point is just because a villain is treated as a deadly threat doesn't mean they are as good or better than the A listers.

I'd call them F list. They're villains who are so comical and who have no great stories at all lol.

Writing and story telling go hand in hand with character portrayal. It's all about how the character was written. And as someone else pointed out before Electro is the only villain out of all the Spider-Man movies (I don't count Rhino because he was nothing but a glorified cheesy cameo) who had zero effect on Spider-Man as a character. He didn't learn anything from him. He didn't affect Peter in a personal way. He was a non entity who was just brought out for a couple of flashy action scenes in between being tucked up in jail where we're tortured with god awful Dr. Kafka interactions.

Hear hear :up:
Yeah, electro in this story nor max effected spidey personally. Only rhino and harry did in this movie. What did electro serve in the story anyway. Even in the original version electro was still kinda pointless. I think the Webb never wanted electro for the movie or that having electro like that wasnt his intention so the best thing he could do is put him out of his misery.

If Webb got freedom I'd love to see what he can do with KRAVEN and mysterio:)

Just noticed how electro says some pretty badass things in this movie. Minus the TIME TO LIGHT MY CANDLES!!

No more parents stuff,I got exhausted by that on TASM2 which someone already pointed didn't was something like "Oooohh!", it should had been finished on the first movie.

I felt nothing for Gwen's death. Was it done well? Yea but I would have preferred a quick sudden death which would be more shocking.

Still the leading up to her death was terrible. There was nothing shocking about her death or nothing to feel.

Meh, Peter loses Gwen. Who cares? We know he well have a red hair coming his way.

If Webb got freedom I'd love to see what he can do with KRAVEN and mysterio:)

Yea the director of 500 Days of Summer would do justice to Kraven....

I've said it before, Sony needs to simply hire Ben Affleck. Ben Affleck for Kraven!

It was horrible done.

Worse scenario adaptation ever done, how could anyone cry or sob at that?

I am really tired of this Peter should be this nerdy outcast thing. He was in the first movie now he's evolved on a more confident man like he is in the comics. This is just my complaint that I have since one more day. Someone like JQ literally took everything that made Peter great throughout the years just to make him young again which is disgusting and with all of the interviews I've seen with other creators its even more sickening. I'm just tired of this whole Peter is portrayed as a kid crap. He's been an adult for years. He's basically 30 years old. Get over it and for you information peter has grown some balls throughout the years some of the women find him attractive

I was sadder at Rachel's death and Harry's death in Spidey 3 then Gwen's.

Hell I was sadder at Shaq's death as a genie in Kazam as a kid then Gwen's death.

I am really tired of this Peter should be this nerdy outcast thing. He was in the first movie now he's evolved on a more confident man like he is in the comics. This is just my complaint that I have since one more day. Someone like JQ literally took everything that made Peter great throughout the years just to make him young again which is disgusting and with all of the interviews I've seen with other creators its even more sickening. I'm just tired of this whole Peter is portrayed as a kid crap. He's been an adult for years. He's basically 30 years old. Get over it and for you information peter has grown some balls throughout the years some of the women find him attractive

I'm tired of Peter being a nerdy outcast too. It's only happened for about 50 years.

Yea the director of 500 Days of Summer would do justice to Kraven....

I've said it before, Sony needs to simply hire Ben Affleck. Ben Affleck for Kraven!

Affleck is great but he's too busy with batman/superman and possible batman franchises. You believe he'll have time for other CBM project outside of DC?

With how the first movie handled itself originally especially with the tone and how the uncut version of TASM 2 was like I believe Webb will do KRAVEN well. Even mysterio for that matter.

I'm tired of Peter being a nerdy outcast too. It's only happened for about 50 years.

Peters a grown man. He's not some urkel or filbert people always keep making him out to be. Sure he was a nerd in high school but he's way past that. I'm not saying Peter should only be a cool guy but this shy awkward nerdy kid thing people always keep making him out to be needs to die since that was ONLY in his high school days. Seriously every time I keep hearing and reading that it just makes me sad how it just hinders the character by agreeing with JQ, steve wacker, and some other marvel comics staff and how much I felt his other parts of his history gets ignored:(

Affleck is great but he's too busy with batman/superman and possible batman franchises. You believe he'll have time for other CBM project outside of DC?

With how the first movie handled itself originally especially with the tone and how the uncut version of TASM 2 was like I believe Webb will do KRAVEN well. Even mysterio for that matter.
Exaclty

I still remember Webb accidently said Mysterio isin the Six XD

Sure wish he wasn't. Hell I sure wish the sinister six never happened so that Webb could focus on KRAVEN or mysterio.

Sure wish he wasn't. Hell I sure wish the sinister six never happened so that Webb could focus on KRAVEN or mysterio.
Not that it would never happen, but at least let's have time to introduce characters.
Unless Drew Goddard has the same talent like James Gunn on making you symphasize for all the characters under 45 minutes

Yes because Kraven is the obvious choice to go next with the "Everything Is Oscorp" theme going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"