The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 5

Ehhhh I guess I'll just abandon the Raimi appreciation thread and come back at a later time.

Yeah agreed this thread became a lot of just complaining and putting down this movie. Which is fine, everyone has an opinion. Some take it too far though as usual, and then the raimi comparisons begin and that's when you need to abandon thread.

The Raimi lovers have come out for their nightly feeding

Abandon_thread.gif

Nom nom nom?

Yeah agreed this thread became a lot of just complaining and putting down this movie. Which is fine, everyone has an opinion. Some take it too far though as usual, and then the raimi comparisons begin and that's when you need to abandon thread.

Abandon_thread.gif

Green-Goblin-Beavis-1.jpg

Don't even try to bait me Vile, you and I already don't get along and I don't care for you. The ignore list might be in your future actually.

I literally just said that in another thread, LOL! Dafoe was a great Green Goblin. His costume was just mind bogglingly stupid. But, the character was awesome.

I agree that the costume was not great, but the way it was shot and Dafoe's performance make me actually like it. I like the face and I like the glider. The suit looks equally as stupid as TASM2, but what I did like was the goblin face, and the retractable yellow goggles.

It's sort of like in the First FF, overall Doom's costume was terrible, but the mask was right and the hood was right. They screwed up everything else, but at least they got that. When you're shooting a film, you're going to shoot the face, that's the most important part, so those scenes with Dafoe and the goggles retracted showing his own eyes were great, and very creepy. So the look of the face in combination with Dafoe's performance made that costume work for me.

Don't take things so serious Broseph44. We are all just having fun. If you are going to say stuff about Raimi fans and nightly feedings, I got to post something in response.

Don't take things so serious Broseph44. We are all just having fun. If you are going to say stuff about Raimi fans and nightly feedings, I got to post something in response.

I'm not taking it extremely seriously, not gonna ruin my enjoyment of the film or my night haha. But some still wanna compare the raimi films. I mean we could go back and forth forever all arguing about the raimi trilogy and the Webb movies so far. It's pointless and kinda ridiculous ultimately.

This is called the User REVIEW Thread, not the User PRAISE Thread.

If you want threads of nothing but praise for the Marc Webb films, then make one.

I hope you understand that when you make comments like that, you only bring it upon yourself. Keep in mind that nobody is attacking anyone else here, we're all trading opinions about this movie, as unpleasant and harsh as it may be to hear. The consensus seems to tilt toward the negative for the time being, but that has nothing to do with Sam Raimi. I can't understand why some people just insist that any sort of criticism comes from a bad place. It just can't be that some of us saw a movie that we didn't like; no, we've gotta be Raimi worshiping bloodhounds that are out to hurt your feelings. This is Man of Steel all over again. If you don't like this movie, you must be a Richard Donner fan who simultaneously hates Zack Snyder. History's been repeating itself pretty quickly on the Hype it seems.

Personally, I've made no secret of the fact that I prefer the Raimi trilogy, but that's irrelevant. My allegiance is to quality first, the character of Spider-Man second, and nothing else after that. If that's too difficult for you to wrap your head around, then I don't know what else to tell you, but I'll say one thing - often times, it seems like the worst fans are the ones who point the finger about everyone else being biased. Let that sink in.

Well actually no, the consensus on this board is positive, we have a poll, the highest picked vote is a 9/10

If you want threads of nothing but praise for the Marc Webb films, then make a thread. for it.

Haha ok chief, I have no problems with people's reviews and opinions. I've said this multiple times. I was sad to hear that Spider-fan overall didn't enjoy the film and we were having a good discussion. And joking around here and there. But the constant comparing to the raimi films, it's just way overdone and unnecessary. So yeah, thanks for a pointless post.

If you want threads of nothing but praise for the Marc Webb films, then make one.

There's an idea. Such a thread exists in the old trilogy forums, and the mods have been good about maintaining its integrity as well.

If you guys are so tired of the 'haters', make a thread where only the most devout fans are welcome. Problem solved.

Haha ok chief, I have no problems with people's reviews and opinions. I've said this multiple times. I was sad to hear that Spider-fan overall didn't enjoy the film and we were having a good discussion. And joking around here and there. But the constant comparing to the raimi films, it's just way overdone and unnecessary. So yeah, thanks for a pointless post.

There's constant comparing to the Raimi films from both sides, so ... Yeah.

Also, you're welcome. Stay classy.

Well, the Raimi movies are Spider-Man movies, and the "Amazing" movies are Spider-Man movies.

What should we be comparing them to, if not each other? Die Hard? Apocalypse Now? Get some perspective.

Well actually no, the consensus on this board is positive, we have a poll, the highest picked vote is a 9/10
I think you need to consider most people are passing that thread right up. I didn't even know it existed. :funny:

This is what I don't get. If they are going to cover the same ground with the same character, why is it a problem to compare? Because the old one might be better? Not that I care that much, I am pretty much avoiding that discussion, but it is a valid line of thought imo.

That's going to be a natural thing. I certainly remember a lot of comparisons of Nolan's Batman films to the ones Tim Burton directed. There were many comparisons of Man of Steel to the Donner Superman films.

I actually somewhat like the film. I mean there are parts in there that I thought showed some great heart, but what was disappointing to me is that all of the good stuff is often muffled out by a lot of stuff that seemed irrelevant or forced into the script.

I'm pretty sure (60%) that if you compiled all the reviews together we'd see more positive ones then negative ones though.

Don't get the Raimi thing, seems natural to compare the reboot to the old series. I don't think you have to be a Raimi fanboy to see the movie has its flaws though

Hahaha oh brother. Whatever, I ****ing lovedddddd this movie. So that's all I care about at this point. :D

You're not alone, but people are allowed to hate it more than "insert universally hated thing here" if they want to

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"