The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spiderman 2 - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing about opinions, everyone has them but not everyone will agree with it. Example: I think Persona 3 is one of the worst JRPGs ever (at least the PS2 versions). And yet, Japan and everyone else in the world wants to treat it like it revolutionized RPGs :/

You are most definitely thinking about Lunaman on therpf :) I love his Ultimate Spidey suit, so I followed his same process.

Last edited:
You are most definitely thinking about Lunaman on therpf :) I love his Ultimate Spidey sduit, so I followed his same process.

I do of course know who Luna is, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a "Morbius" around there working on a Lunaman inspired USM suit. :)

I do of course know who Luna is, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a "Morbius" around there working on a Lunaman inspired USM suit. :)

Ah! That's me! I'm a little bit...obsessed with Spidey :)

Ah! That's me! I'm a little bit...obsessed with Spidey :)

Aren't we all? :yay:

I'm working on an USM-esque mask, myself. I got TJack's ASM2 shell/lens combo coming along in a few weeks.

What lenses are you using, btw?

Aren't we all? :yay:

I'm working on an USM-esque mask, myself. I got TJack's ASM2 shell/lens combo coming along in a few weeks.

What lenses are you using, btw?

Nice! TJack's Ultimate Spiderman lenses. I think I will use a face shell next time actually!

My initial impressions after seeing the movie:

-Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone once again perfect in their respective roles. Great chemistry and their relationship was written very realistically. They weren't a perfect Romeo and Juliet type couple which I liked.

-Gwen's death was very powerful, though I felt it would have been better had there been no music during the scene. Garfield did a great job in the following scenes showing how much it affected Peter.

-The cinematography was nice, some very strong, crisp and colourful images that stick in your head.

-Dehaan was great as Harry. I thought he was just okay as the Goblin though. It was clear the fake teeth made it hard for him to talk and their wasn't really much of him as the Goblin. I don't mind that though as it just made me look forward to seeing more of him in future films. His laugh was great too. It's no surprise by now that Dehaan plays tortured very well. I loved the scenes with Harry and Electro. The transformation scene was also very creepy and well done.

-Jaime Foxx was good as Electro, thought the look of him was great and he was very menacing. Before that, his character was less cliche than I initially thought he was going to be but still felt a bit over done.

-Peter and Aunt May had a great emotional scene together. Sally Fields was great as Aunt May throughout.

-Spidey's costume looked beautiful. His mask combined with his movements and Garfield's voice makes for a Spidey that is so expressive that we finally have a movie where he isn't constantly removing his mask. His quips seemed more natural and were funnier overall. I liked the way they showed off his spidey sense.

-The action and effects overall were very well done. The Dubstep worked well to compliment Electro's powers though I thought it was a bit over-used in places. At times I found the sound design a bit too loud so I'm looking forward to being able to watch it a home so I can raise and lower the volume as I please. Sometimes I found certain songs to be a bit overwhelming.

-It was great seeing how much the people of NY loved Spidey. Was a hundred times better than 'You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!".

-Was disappointed there was no Flash Thompson as I felt he was very good in the first movie.

-Dr Kaafka felt completely out of place tonally. He felt like a bad version of Arnim Zola or a character from the 60s Batman show. Really did not like him at all.

-I felt Chris Cooper's Norman Osborn was underused. I hope he faked his death and will come back later in the franchise.

-I felt the pacing dragged a little bit in the middle but it picked up again pretty quickly so that's okay.

-It didn't really feel like the same series as ASM 1. Plot wise it's hugely connected but visually and tonally it feels very different. Missed the spider like quality of his movement that the first movie had, such as when he cocoons the Lizard in webs. It felt like Curt Connors was cut out completely and replaced with Norman Osborn in the backstory of Peter's parents.

Overall I would probably give it a 9/10, just a few little problems that didn't really work for me but overall a great film. I can't understand the mixed reviews it's been getting. I felt like I was watching a different film than the one described in most of the reviews I had read. Definitely my favourite Spider-Man film. Probably on par with TWS, though I might have liked TWS a bit more.

Things I'm wondering for the future:

-Is Norman actually dead or did he fake it?

-Is Colm Feore's character going to become the Vulture? I know he wasn't called Adrian Toomes but he looked very Vulture-like.

-Was Felicia Hardy just a cameo or is she going to play an important part later on?

-Is Electro actually dead?

-Will we see more of Smythe? Spider-slayers anyone?

-Are they ever going to actually show us JJJ?

A random bit of info about my trip to the cinema: during the first twenty minutes of the movie there were about four very obnoxious teenagers sitting on the back row making lots of noise and throwing things at people below them. Eventually the cinema manager called the police and they were thrown out! Everybody cheered.

Last edited:
My initial impressions after seeing the movie:

-Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone once again perfect in their respective roles. Great chemistry and their relationship was written very realistically. They weren't a perfect Romeo and Juliet type couple which I liked.

-Gwen's death was very powerful, though I felt it would have been better had there been no music during the scene. Garfield did a great job in the following scenes showing how much it affected Peter.

-Dehaan was great as Harry. I thought he was just okay as the Goblin though. It was clear the fake teeth made it hard for him to talk and their wasn't really much of him as the Goblin. I don't mind that though as it just made me look forward to seeing more of him in future films.

-Jaime Foxx was good as Electro, thought the look of him was great and he was very menacing. Before that, his character was less cliche than I initially thought he was going to be but still felt a bit over done.

-Spidey's costume looked beautiful. His quips seemed more natural and were funnier overall. I liked the way they showed off his spidey sense.

-The action and effects overall were very well done. The Dubstep worked well to compliment Electro's powers though I thought it was a bit over-used in places.

-It was great seeing how much the people of NY loved Spidey. Was a hundred times better than 'You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!".

-Dr Kaafka felt completely out of place tonally. He felt like a discount Arnim Zola or a character from the 60s Batman show. Really did not like him at all.

-I felt the pacing dragged a little bit in the middle but it picked up again pretty quickly so that's okay.

Overall I would probably give it a 9/10, just a few little problems that didn't really work for me but overall a great film. I can't understand the mixed reviews it's been getting. I felt like I was watching a different film than the one described in most of the reviews I had read. Definitely my favourite Spider-Man film.

Makes me happy to hear. The film clearly has its issues but I'm glad its not as bad as some critics make it out to be.

Makes me happy to hear. The film clearly has its issues but I'm glad its not as bad as some critics make it out to be.

What makes you think it definitely isn't?

Last edited:
At least the ones that claim it's worst than Batman & Robin :p

Lol yeah those ones are safe to disbelieve. Being Batman and Robin level bad implies practically nothing is good.

The funny thing about Dr Kafka is I didn't even notice how out of place he was the first time I saw the film as I was too focused on electro! What on earth does that say about me?

Finally seeing this on Wednesday!:woot:

Lol yeah those ones are safe to disbelieve. Being Batman and Robin level bad implies practically nothing is good.

I'm actually pretty curious to see the movie now. MrTardisReviews stated that it's the Transfromers 2 of Spiderman, even worse the Twilight and other stuff. Not trying to disapprove of his opinion, just saying what he said and I left me sort of curious when he mentioned certain stuff. :huh:

The funny thing about Dr Kafka is I didn't even notice how out of place he was the first time I saw the film as I was too focused on electro! What on earth does that say about me?

That you aren't very observant? Lol

I'm intrigued by the variety in the Amazing 2 reviews. Happens with every film of course, but I've seen a lot of people compare it to Joel Schumacher Batman (including me) - but a lot of people say it's the best of the Spidey films.

I would say, bottom line, it is entertaining. You won't ask for your money back. The action is definitely better than the first movie, and the film is more spectacular. The CGI for Spider-Man has taken another leap forward. In Dane DeHaan, the reboot may have a villain to equal Alfred Molina or Willem Dafoe.

Dr Kafka, the Rhino, Max Dillon....it's hard to imagine any of these characters in the first Amazing Spider-Man. That movie tried hard to be more realistic than the Raimi movies. Amazing 2 is quite different - it's visually and tonally brighter, funnier, faster-paced, and more 'comic-booky'.

Anyone have any thought on moviebob's view on the series and him in general?

I'm intrigued by the variety in the Amazing 2 reviews. Happens with every film of course, but I've seen a lot of people compare it to Joel Schumacher Batman (including me) - but a lot of people say it's the best of the Spidey films.

I would say, bottom line, it is entertaining. You won't ask for your money back. The action is definitely better than the first movie, and the film is more spectacular. The CGI for Spider-Man has taken another leap forward. In Dane DeHaan, the reboot may have a villain to equal Alfred Molina or Willem Dafoe.

He did a great job but fell short if those two imo.

What is the song he listens to on his headphones in his room after his first Electro encounter? When he checks through his fathers stuff again?

What is the song he listens to on his headphones in his room after his first Electro encounter? When he checks through his fathers stuff again?

I've heard that it was called Gone, Gone, Gone by Phillip Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"