Comics The Amazing Spider-Man w/ new Rotation Writers November 2021

I also like the fact that they hay the arc planned for 19 issues only. Very curious about where that will lead after the Beyond story is finished.

After the last three years of incredibly thin yet stretched out storylines, it feels good to have a somewhat contained and somewhat "short" story to look forward to.
I hope this is good as it seems right now.

Oh... and no more issues drawn by 4 or 5 different artists... Never again. Please. God.
What a mess have the Spidey comics been this last year... :hehe:

19 issues leaves 6 before 900...
I wonder what those 6 will be.

I still want:
1- A Parker Brothers and Sister get-together
2- May and Ben to sit down and talk
3- Just some crazy fun stories and adventures with Ben and Peter

I don't get why MJ is against Ben right now.
They last saw each other and they were on good terms.
Granted the out-of-character Jackal stuff happened, but she doesn't need to be so against Ben, especially since she should know it wasn't really his fault.

I don't post here anymroe but wanted to see if THE OFFICIAL FANS OF REILLY thread was still going... man we had that for years... and finally... FINALLY

HE'S [properly] BACK

Great issue, he felt almost back to his old self!
Janine is back!

The MJ stuff was weird as they've always been close but hey can look past it

19 issues... PLUS JMD writing a 90's set mini... PLUS some event comics with Ben as Spidey

YES!

Glad to see you back!

So good to know I wasn't the only one put off by MJ acting odd about Ben.

I still post here regularly, but with a slightly different name, as I got locked out of my old one because I lost access to my ancient email address

These four issues have actually been good.
Some things are sticking out, but it's not bad.

It sucks seeing this board being dead again!

Anyone else reading this run?
I have to say, I was just going to drop the book after Spencer left. I have no interest in Ben Reilly, and his arrival usually means a dip in quality...then I saw Art Adams on covers and Zeb Wells on writing...and I decided to give it a shot.

Glad I did so far! I'm hoping that we'll keep getting this quality of storytelling. I'm still more interested in seeing what happens with Peter and MJ, but I actually care about Ben somewhat. So, I'm in for a bit until something annoys me too much.

I didn't care too much for the new writer on issue #81.
Wrote Ben a bit of an uncaring and cold jerk, totally not how he's been written this whole time.

I don’t blame MJ for not trusting Ben, he’s been a pawn of two of Peter’s worst enemies. The Jackal did use hypnotic suggestions on his clones to be ticking time bombs, so that paranoia is justified.

I don’t blame MJ for not trusting Ben, he’s been a pawn of two of Peter’s worst enemies. The Jackal did use hypnotic suggestions on his clones to be ticking time bombs, so that paranoia is justified.
Yeah, he tends to wreak absolute chaos on the Parker family when he comes around. Also, seeing the clone of the man you love walking around fine and dandy after the same fight that put Peter into a coma has to be VERY infuriating.

I swore I saw something, an article, about Marvel switching the gears after this whole BEYOND arc and it going back to Peter? Can't seem to find the article though..

Did anyone read Timeless?
Did they confirm or deny Ben's post Beyond status?

I swore I saw something, an article, about Marvel switching the gears after this whole BEYOND arc and it going back to Peter? Can't seem to find the article though..
When was it? I'll look to see if I can find it.

JRJR back this April?!?!

This warms my soul....I here they are hoping to do it with a new #1 issue...that saddens me a bit, though. Ironically, this will be his second Amazing Relaunch he's drawn...I think. Or was it John Byrne who was drawing ASM back then? Meh...either way, I'll check it out. Spidey is kind of his jam.

Junior's art better have improved, because his art has sucked for years/decades.
Him and his so-called "Speed-Style" needs to go away.
It'd be great to get Senior back on the book! Even if it was just an issue or two!

Not sure. I coulda swore I saw that this whole BEYOND arc was coming to an end or something?
Beyond is at the Half-Way point now.
It was only ever meant to be temporary.
The thing about it though, was that it was touted as being Ben-focused, and for three or four issues, he wasn't even in it!
Then we have the latest issue which kind of contradicted some of the earlier ones.
Ben now doesn't and hasn't suspected Beyond of anything illicit and is now being portrayed as being oblivious to anything evil Beyond may or may not be.
Early on, he said that he took it so as to keep an eye on the company and to keep the Spider-Man name from being used badly.
These last two writers suck!

This warms my soul....I here they are hoping to do it with a new #1 issue...that saddens me a bit, though. Ironically, this will be his second Amazing Relaunch he's drawn...I think. Or was it John Byrne who was drawing ASM back then? Meh...either way, I'll check it out. Spidey is kind of his jam.
Beyond is at the Half-Way point now.
It was only ever meant to be temporary.
The thing about it though, was that it was touted as being Ben-focused, and for three or four issues, he wasn't even in it!
Then we have the latest issue which kind of contradicted some of the earlier ones.
Ben now doesn't and hasn't suspected Beyond of anything illicit and is now being portrayed as being oblivious to anything evil Beyond may or may not be.
Early on, he said that he took it so as to keep an eye on the company and to keep the Spider-Man name from being used badly.
These last two writers suck!
Zeb Wells And John Romita Jr. Launch A New Volume Of Amazing Spider-Man

Well, here we have it, folks. Yeah, I'm tired of the #1's as well, Shin. Seems like the 3rd one in the past few years. I thought it was JRJR too back then with Vol. 2 #1 but I checked and it's Byrne so you called it. I don't like JRJR outside of Spidey but around then, him and Bennett were the Spideys I grew up on. As for Wells, I've only read a bit of SECOND COMING which I enjoyed so I'm not too familiar of his work but it looks like he has a large body of it. Anybody here know his stuff?

JRJR back on art is definitely something I'm excited about.

Zeb Wells And John Romita Jr. Launch A New Volume Of Amazing Spider-Man

Well, here we have it, folks. Yeah, I'm tired of the #1's as well, Shin. Seems like the 3rd one in the past few years. I thought it was JRJR too back then with Vol. 2 #1 but I checked and it's Byrne so you called it. I don't like JRJR outside of Spidey but around then, him and Bennett were the Spideys I grew up on. As for Wells, I've only read a bit of SECOND COMING which I enjoyed so I'm not too familiar of his work but it looks like he has a large body of it. Anybody here know his stuff?

Really the whole #1 thing is just about trying to pump up sales. I know you know this but yeah it's a stupid gimmick and you know there's gonna be an infinite number of variants as well. I think this is like the 5th number 1 in as many as 10 years. I'm just guessing about that. Either way it's dumb cause they're probably going to continue with the legacy numbering as well. And with 900 around the corner I feel like that number will take precedence over whatever relaunch number that particular issue will be. So, again, it's just stupid.

As far as Wells I'm not familiar but I think he wrote Shed. That doesn't inspire confidence imo. I haven't been keeping up with Beyond...but I've heard that Wells did a good job.

Honestly, as long as he does right by Peter, MJ, Felicia...etc. and writes some good Spidey stories--I'm good.

What did Spider-Man do?
Really?
That's the hook? Preview art looks bad.

What happened with the J.M.D. run?

Well, I'm all caught up on Amazing...again. Really enjoying it. Ben is not completely gullible, which is good, and watching Peter getting back on his feet is great. The issue where MJ saved Peter...awesome! The art has been solid, and there isn't a mystery that will remain unsolved for 75 issues. So...yeah. Glad I didn't drop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"