Comics The Amazing Spider-Man w/ new Rotation Writers November 2021

I think The Spectacular Spider-Man #200 is not going to be restored, Spencer isn't going to remove Kindred, at least not in a way that he can't easily be brought back.

Agreed on all counts. Personally, this run's success will be determined by how it ends. If OMD/BND is undone, SSM 200 (SO UNDERRATED!), is restored, and we get a Peter MJ romance LOCKED in place (married please), then I'm going to call it the best since the Pre-Sins Past JMS stuff.

I've been saying this for awhile that the end of Spencer's run will determine how well his run is regarded. Everything he's written has been building to this moment where it all comes together like one giant story and it all hinges on the ending.

If he's able to pull off a great ending imo his run will be one of the better runs in Spidey history.
I just hope it wasn't cut too short that it has a negative impact.

I think The Spectacular Spider-Man #200 is not going to be restored, Spencer isn't going to remove Kindred, at least not in a way that he can't easily be brought back.

Have you read the latest issue of ASM? Issue 871/70?

I say this because it gives more clues to Kindred in a way that might change your statement.

Some new info for volume 2:
the description for the second volume of Spider-Man Beyond out next year :
Amazing creators unite for a brand new era of Spidey! Ben Reilly — the clone of Spider-Man — is back! He’s been through hell, but now with the support of a major corporation, Ben is thwipping once again and being the best Spider-Man he can be. And what does Peter think? Well, he’s just been through the Sinister War and he’s exhausted! But even if Peter is against Ben’s return to the limelight, does he have a choice? The webs that are about to be woven will take you to places you’ve never been…pit our spectacular heroes against classic villains reloaded, as well as brand-new foes…and make you rethink the whole concept of Spider-Man! But what will all this change and upheaval mean for Mary Jane, the Black Cat, Aunt May — and all of New York City?!
It sounds wack but yes, I have no context. Also, is the ASM title gonna be called “SPIDER-MAN BEYOND” now? That would make more sense..

I think it's Amazing Spider-Man still.
Just the story arc is called Spider-Man: Beyond

The art team for the impending new era of Amazing Spider-Man, which kicks off in October’s Amazing Spider-Man #75, has begun to come into focus with several artists now named for the series - and it all starts with previously named creator Patrick Gleason, who will serve as both writer and artist on Amazing Spider-Man (with plenty of back-up in both roles, of course).

Alongside Gleason, artists Sara Pichelli, known for co-creating Miles Morales, and Black Cat artist Michael Dowling will join Amazing Spider-Man. Meanwhile, covers for the title will be provided by Art Adams.

I'm three issues behind -- GIANT-SIZE, #70, and SINISTER WAR #1. I'm going to catch up this weekend but I tried starting last night. I just couldn't start/wasn't compelled. I forgot all about
Chance, forgot the device that sees into the future, the guy who created it, his sick mom, Jack-O-Lantern, etc
It's probably because I'm not hyped about the Ben Reilly/new creative team stuff, too, but is it just me or did this run take a bit of a dive after SINS? Everything just feels really dull with a lot of threads that don't feel compelling.

I'm three issues behind -- GIANT-SIZE, #70, and SINISTER WAR #1. I'm going to catch up this weekend but I tried starting last night. I just couldn't start/wasn't compelled. I forgot all about
Chance, forgot the device that sees into the future, the guy who created it, his sick mom, Jack-O-Lantern, etc
It's probably because I'm not hyped about the Ben Reilly/new creative team stuff, too, but is it just me or did this run take a bit of a dive after SINS? Everything just feels really dull with a lot of threads that don't feel compelling.

I feel like this post should be in the other thread but yeah I do understand what you're saying. Sins was such a rollercoaster of emotion and this constant incredibly tight-fisted tense set of issues that we also didn't get much resolution from. It did feel a bit jarring going from that to the issues with Kings Ransom and then with the Chameleon Conspiracy. But, since you haven't finished it yet, I can't say much except to say, things all tie together in a way that the story makes much more sense. Just keep reading man and you'll see. SW had my poor heart beating out of my chest.

I feel like this post should be in the other thread but yeah I do understand what you're saying. Sins was such a rollercoaster of emotion and this constant incredibly tight-fisted tense set of issues that we also didn't get much resolution from. It did feel a bit jarring going from that to the issues with Kings Ransom and then with the Chameleon Conspiracy. But, since you haven't finished it yet, I can't say much except to say, things all tie together in a way that the story makes much more sense. Just keep reading man and you'll see. SW had my poor heart beating out of my chest.
It’s funny you say that because I thought I DID post this in the other thread lol. Wow that’s convincing! Can’t wait to catch up then. So SW is not part of the main ASM run right? It will pick up at #71?

It’s funny you say that because I thought I DID post this in the other thread lol. Wow that’s convincing! Can’t wait to catch up then. So SW is not part of the main ASM run right? It will pick up at #71?

You'll have to post your thoughts once you're caught up!

See, I thought SW was going to be villain-centric and not necessarily part of ASM. But...that's not how it turned out. At least not with the first issue anyway. It feels more like just a continuation of the main story more than anything.

Here's hoping that the forum will become more active once we go back to 3x a week.

J.M.DeMattias (sp) will be writing a new Spider-Man Series.
It's an Untold Tales of Spider-Man series based on Ben!

Ben will be going after Miles for trademark infringement.
Finally!
Hopefully they give miles a different name, because him running around as Spider-Man is really dumb!

Finally!
Hopefully they give miles a different name, because him running around as Spider-Man is really dumb!

If they do, it'll cause his book to get cancelled. They changed Spider-Gwen's name to "Ghost Spider", and the book didn't even make it a year after the title of the book was changed. Cancelled unceremoniously at issue 10. You change Miles's name to "Kid Arachnid" like they did in the USM cartoon, and expect his book to tank harder than Superman Red/Superman Blue.

Finally!

Well, I know it's not the same but in the new Disney animated Spider-Man show, Miles is given the nickname, Spin. I kind of like it.

Wait, what's wrong with Miles having the name and title for his comic, SPIDER-MAN?

The fact that he's called Spider-Man.
Spider-Man is Peter or Ben, and neither use it at the same time as the other.
Miles is a crap, derivative character.
All his villains are either Peter's or a Variation of Peter's.
His stories are mostly Peter's as well.
Hell, he just had a Clone Saga.

The fact that he's called Spider-Man.
Spider-Man is Peter or Ben, and neither use it at the same time as the other.
Miles is a crap, derivative character.
All his villains are either Peter's or a Variation of Peter's.
His stories are mostly Peter's as well.
Hell, he just had a Clone Saga.

Dude....Ben Reilly is literally derivative. He's a copy of Peter. By definition, he's wholly unnecessary as Spider-Man...and inferior.

Miles is at least a different character. I think Bendis did a crap job with him, but every writer since (as well as some Oscar-winning movie and a sweet video game series) has worked to make him a well-rounded and interesting character.

I see no problem with Miles having his own book called "Spider-Man"...so long as it keeps Peter from having 4 monthly titles and a quarterly book that you have to keep up with like in the 90s.

Also, people love Miles, man. His OG suit is genuinely the coolest Spider-Man suit since the symbiote. His new suit is hot garbage, though.

This week starts the new Rotation with Ben back in the lead!
They better not ruin him!

I did… And I actually really really liked it!
It mainly felt good to just read a Spider-man comic book that doesnt feel like a convoluted, rushed, streched out mess :hehe: Seriously, the later half of the Spencer run had more downs than ups IMO. And it had some mediocre art too.
Its good to leave the whole Kindred saga behind.

The writting is solid, the art is fine… Ben Reilly is back… Lets see where it goes.
Right now I feel optimistic!

It was actually really good.
I noticed something though...
It seems the UFoes might actually be working for Beyond. That's why they specifically upgraded Ben's suit against radiation.
It was great seeing Ben and Peter on good terms and talking and then bantering back and and forth.
Neither was written as an idiot.

My question is did something happen to Ben in the recent Iron Man books?
I stopped reading because they were writing Ben like an idiot.

Why and how did they change the spoiler tag code?
It used to be [ S ] text to be spoiler tagged [ /S ]
But now that only does a strike-through

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"