Comics The Amazing Spider-Man w/ new Rotation Writers November 2021

Looks like we might be seeing an old character return!
Which is nice, as this person just randomly disappeared with no closure or hell, even to be mentioned ever again until this past Wednesday.

I always wanted to know what happened and now we may finally know!

This run is NOT what it was advertised as being about!
This is starting to really be a damn let-down!

This run is NOT what it was advertised as being about!
This is starting to really be a damn let-down!

Can you elaborate?

I'm not reading Beyond. I read the first issue and also the MJ/BC one shot but that's it. I've kinda been keeping up with the happenings thru various reviews.

But I know you are a fan of Ben Reilly so I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Ben has only actually been in a few issues.
They touted him as being a huge hero backed by a company (yes, I know, Beyond is evil) but there's barely been any actual heroics, and no interaction with Ben's or Peter's casts.
Only now, the last few issues of the run has Janine met MJ.
Ben hasn't visited Pete.
It just, from the interviews and previews, not what we were told it was going to be.

Well, that was a hell of a let-down!
This Thompson writer sucks!
All that build up in the previous issue, and BAM! dead in the water!

One more issue of Beyond to go.
It was delayed from this week to next.

Screw marvel, screw the entire Spider-Line!
I'm done.
Editor Lowe is a piece of crap and needs to go.
I'm out, completely until he and the rest of editorial are gone!
I'd say it's been a fun ride, but Spider-Man hasn't been fun in decades.
We as fans are constantly sh*t on and I won't be subjected to it anymore.
The only saving grace on my end, is that I haven't paid for a comic since Sins Past.

Finally got caught up on the happenings with Beyond.

I can understand why Ben Reilly fans are upset but at the same time I'm not sure what else they're supposed to do with his character. I'm genuinely not sure what they can do. Many if not most of the alternate spider people have something unique to offer outside of Peter that separates them from him. But with Ben, he's literally a carbon copy of Peter that at one point was meant to be the new Peter. But all that has passed and in all honesty I don't really understand the draw to this character. Again, story wise if I want to read about Spider-Man I'm just going to stick with the original. If I want another take there's plenty of interesting alternate spiders i.e. Miles, Miguel, Ghost, etc.

Finally got caught up on the happenings with Beyond.

I can understand why Ben Reilly fans are upset but at the same time I'm not sure what else they're supposed to do with his character. I'm genuinely not sure what they can do. Many if not most of the alternate spider people have something unique to offer outside of Peter that separates them from him. But with Ben, he's literally a carbon copy of Peter that at one point was meant to be the new Peter. But all that has passed and in all honesty I don't really understand the draw to this character. Again, story wise if I want to read about Spider-Man I'm just going to stick with the original. If I want another take there's plenty of interesting alternate spiders i.e. Miles, Miguel, Ghost, etc.
The problem is, that miles doesn't have any real reason to exist, especially in the 616. He is a pc character. He and is supporting cast (mostly) and ALL of his villains are just Peter's.
All his stories are just Peter's.
Ben was character assassinated for the third time for no reason other than Lowe hates him and that they want to push miles instead.
Lowe even said so in that antagonistic letter at the end of Beyond!

And now, all the rest of the fans are finally turning against Marvel because of not only the Ben situation, but for what looks like is about to happen to/with MJ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"