The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
R Hythlodeus said:
of course. until SHH decides to merge them all to a MCU forum, I'll travel through the realms of the specific forums...

There is an official MCU thread, I started that a while back. It'd probably be a good place to go for people who've seen Avengers, in order to discuss the potential direction the series can go and the ramifications of the ending of Avengers.

You know, after this movie, I think instead of having strictly solo films, I'd love some double up films. I mean, why CAN'T Cap be present in a Iron Man movie or vice versa? They don't need a global disaster for just a couple of them to team up. I'm really hoping Hawkeye/Widow feature in the Cap sequel, since it involves Cap sticking around with SHIELD.
They don't seem very keen on doing things like that, although I could still imagine Hawkeye and Black Widow showing up in another movie since they have never had one of their own.

There is an official MCU thread, I started that a while back. It'd probably be a good place to go for people who've seen Avengers, in order to discuss the potential direction the series can go and the ramifications of the ending of Avengers.

I know that, I post there frequently. But I talked about a forum, not a thread, hence the usage of the word "forum" instead of "thread"

I know that, I post there frequently. But I talked about a forum, not a thread, hence the usage of the word "forum" instead of "thread"

Hey guys, there seems to be two posters who think Thor came off as "2nd best" in his fight with Hulk.

Do you guys agree with this?

Hey guys, there seems to be two posters who think Thor came off as "2nd best" in his fight with Hulk.

I definitely don't. It seemed pretty much even from where I was standing, and ended with an interruption so there was no clear winner. It was also fairly short, but satisfying for sure.

But maybe I'll have to see the movie again to be sure. In fact, I think I just might HAVE to see it again! :cwink:

I definitely don't. It seemed pretty much even from where I was standing, and ended with an interruption so there was no clear winner. It was also fairly short, but satisfying for sure.

From the things that I've heard from others, people have said that they came off as even as Jackie Chan and Jet Li did in their first and only on screen fight sequence against each other in "The Forbidden Kingdom".

Thor comes off as being very, very powerful in this film for me.

As for the fight with Hulk, it was a stalemate

But maybe I'll have to see the movie again to be sure. In fact, I think I just might HAVE to see it again! :cwink:

Thor comes off as being very, very powerful in this film for me.

As for the fight with Hulk, it was a stalemate

That's very nice to hear you guys, this seems to be the general consensus regarding their fight. :up:

From the things that I've heard from others, people have said that they came off as even as Jackie Chan and Jet Li did in their first and only on screen fight sequence against each other in "The Forbidden Kingdom".

Woah, that sounds very awesome and I hope I come out of the film with the same feelings. :woot:

I'm just curious but is Loki capable of taking control over Thor? If so, I wonder why he doesn't when having someone like him under his control would help his cause.

BigThor said:

Well,
Hulk is smacking Hulk around a bit but since Thor easily holds his own with simply hand to hand combat (for the most part anyway) in a confined area where he can't use lightning, I think Thor comes off looking pretty damned bad ass. When Hulk can't lift Mjolnir and gets pinned to the ground, then Thor smacks him right in the face with it and he goes flying, there is no doubt that Thor is a powerhouse. But yeah, it's not really a clear fight since the main problem is that Hulk will smash the ship, not so much who will win the fight

Well,
Hulk is smacking Hulk around a bit but since Thor easily holds his own with simply hand to hand combat (for the most part anyway) in a confined area where he can't use lightning, I think Thor comes off looking pretty damned bad ass. When Hulk can't lift Mjolnir and gets pinned to the ground, then Thor smacks him right in the face with it and he goes flying, there is no doubt that Thor is a powerhouse. But yeah, it's not really a clear fight since the main problem is that Hulk will smash the ship, not so much who will win the fight

So,
were they smacking each other around or was Hulk maily smacking Thor around?

They definitely show Thor's superhuman strength, without the hammer. At one point he
blocks one of Hulk's punches by grabbing it

They definitely show Thor's superhuman strength, without the hammer. At one point he

Yeah, the scene made me :wow:. I expected they'll show Hulk stronger than Thor, but that scene made my fan-heart happy!

Woahhh
it takes a serious amount of super strength to stop Hulk's punch with one hand.

BigThor said:

Well technically
He stops it, then has to add another hand and it becomes a sort of arm wrestle/tug of war thing which I'm pretty sure Thor stops with a headbutt

Thor had quite a few memorable headbutt's in this film :hehe:

Well technically
He stops it, then has to add another hand and it becomes a sort of arm wrestle/tug of war thing which I'm pretty sure Thor stops with a headbutt

Ah ok then, still sounds pretty damn cool. :woot:

Jeez, BT, can you not wait to be your own judge? Lol:oldrazz:

Well technically
So not only do we have [BLACKOUT]Thor headbutt Iron Man but he headbutts Hulk too?!?![/BLACKOUT] - so excited!!! [BLACKOUT](what can I say, I have a thing about headbutts and the fact that it's Thor that's doing it -- well, that's just a bonus[/BLACKOUT] :oldrazz:

1 week and counting *sigh*

Jeez, BT, can you not wait to be your own judge? Lol:oldrazz:

I was just asking to get Wolvie and RH's opinion on it, it's not like I'm causing a big scene or anything.

If you think I'm bad you really need to get a load of that Erik guy in the post screening thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"