The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Que bien. Espero lo disfrutes. La pelicula esta bueniiiiisima!

CAP HAS A COWEL, SO I SEE NO REASON WE COULDNT HAVE GOTTEN THIS HAWKEYE. MAYBE IN THE SEQUEL :(

theavengersi.jpg

-DOOM :doom:

that is definitely my favourite poster i seen so far

it reminds me a lot of the old star wars posters

I might be in the minority, but I actually like the film's design of Hawkeye. I've enjoyed the character (I have a large collection of his solo titles,) but, on film, the design they have works better than the one from the comics. Certain comic aspects do not translate well to film, especially with the aesthetic of the MCU.

I might be in the minority, but I actually like the film's design of Hawkeye. I've enjoyed the character (I have a large collection of his solo titles,) but, on film, the design they have works better than the one from the comics. Certain comic aspects do not translate well to film, especially with the aesthetic of the MCU.

Agreed.

In terms of costumes translating well to film though, the two I see most are Black Panther and Nova.

CAP HAS A COWEL, SO I SEE NO REASON WE COULDNT HAVE GOTTEN THIS HAWKEYE. MAYBE IN THE SEQUEL :(

theavengersi.jpg

Capt. America is wearing the American flag in his costume, so a cowl isn't really out-of-place. But Hawkeye's cowl is a bit too outrageous, with its two very long and pointy parts that would look ridiculous on the big screen. I'm okay with the changes made for Hawkeye in the movie, but I wish they'd at least make him keep his shades on all the time. They probably didn't so they can show Renner's face, though.

thanks for posting. Yet again glowing reviews. Marvel sure picked the right man with Whedon to helm this picture. As a long time Avengers fan this sounds like a dream come true. Is Dr Browns time traveling Delorean available? I want to see it on 5/5... the wait is just killing me!! Cant it be May yet?!

What kind of spoilers?
One of the interviews give you a hint about something that happens in Avengers. Other than that the rest is speculation about what might be in the future solo movies.

Pretty cool article, good speculation on where they might go with all of the franchises. Very, very minor spoilers. If you're interested in reading it, I wouldn't be too worried about spoilers in it.

that is definitely my favourite poster i seen so far

it reminds me a lot of the old star wars posters
AGREED, JUST NEED TO SWITCH CAP WITH HIS UPDATED COSTUME AND THAT HULK FOR THE NEW PHOTO-REAL VERSION

Capt. America is wearing the American flag in his costume, so a cowl isn't really out-of-place. But Hawkeye's cowl is a bit too outrageous, with its two very long and pointy parts that would look ridiculous on the big screen. I'm okay with the changes made for Hawkeye in the movie, but I wish they'd at least make him keep his shades on all the time. They probably didn't so they can show Renner's face, though.
THE MOVIE-FIED VERSION OF HIS COWEL IN THAT POSTER ALTERED THE POINTY PARTS. I THINK ITS A VERY GOOD TRANSLATION OF HIS COMIC COSTUME AND WOULDNT LOOK OUT OF PLACE IN THE MOVIE.

AND WHY DOES WEARING THE COLORS RED, WHITE, AND BLUE MAKE IT OKAY TO HAVE A COWEL?

THE MOVIE-FIED VERSION OF HIS COWEL IN THAT POSTER ALTERED THE POINTY PARTS. I THINK ITS A VERY GOOD TRANSLATION OF HIS COMIC COSTUME AND WOULDNT LOOK OUT OF PLACE IN THE MOVIE.

AND WHY DOES WEARING THE COLORS RED, WHITE, AND BLUE MAKE IT OKAY TO HAVE A COWEL?

If I had to guess it's because Cap is presented in the MCU as having a flair for the dramatic, what with the whole being the first superhero thing. Hawkeye in this universe is like Ultimate Hawkeye. He's a special agent so he's all business, no flash. If the cowl served a purpose I'm sure he'd have one, but you gotta think that the cowl would impede his vision and they play up his gift of sight in The Avengers.

Pretty cool article, good speculation on where they might go with all of the franchises. Very, very minor spoilers. If you're interested in reading it, I wouldn't be too worried about spoilers in it.
I took your advice and I agree entirely about the spoilers. The only thing I remember that can be a spoiler is something I already saw as completely obvious.

According to Director Joss Whedon, The original cut of the movie was over 3 hours long. There will be about 30 minutes of the excised footage included in the DVD Release, most of which revolves around Steve Rodgers (Captain America). Whedon revealed that one of these scenes involved Rodgers struggling to adjust to the modern world in his Brooklyn apartment and another revealed Steve Rodgers' reunion with Peggy Carter, his love interest from Captain America: The First Avenger.

from IMDB trivia

30 mins extra for the DVD :woot:

I wonder if it'll just be as deleted scenes or an actual 3 hour cut of the movie?

I think he's said there wouldn't be a separate "directors cut", so probably just as deleted scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"