The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 62

Status
Not open for further replies.
People should just avoid post converted 3D live action movies. There hasn't been a single good conversion to this day.

Just stick to 3D movies that were actually filmed in 3D. Those will always be better than post conversions by default.

Last edited:
People should just not avoid post converted 3D live action movies. There hasn't been a single good conversion to this day.

Just stick to 3D movies that were actually filmed in 3D. Those will always be better than post conversions by default.
That's my way of determining of seeing 3D or no 3D.

so i was watching the Kang episodes of EMH and i gotta say...the part where they all fight together in the streets of NY was pretty exciting and really made me think how similar it is to what im gonna see...either way just thought id point that out.

the theater near me shows only IMAX 3D and just 3D....
i booked my ticket for midnight IMAX 3D...
to those who got to see, is IMAX 3D the viewing u guys got? and how was it?

the theater near me shows only IMAX 3D and just 3D....
i booked my ticket for midnight IMAX 3D...
to those who got to see, is IMAX 3D the viewing u guys got? and how was it?

I saw it in IMAX 3D and it was very good. I don't like 3D so I'm not going to praise it too much, but from what I could tell the 3D was done very well. Of cource, IMAX is always awesome so that alone is worth seeing.

I see it like being a sports fan. You have your favorite teams, but the mature fans mostly want to see a good game, not for their non-favored team to suck and for their star athlete to tear a muscle or whatever.

Teams that suck don't make for exciting games, and you pay good money to see some exciting competitive play, not for boring games where everyone knows the winner coming in.

It's kind of like that, but for movies, it's still murky because once a movie hits the bar of being "good" in general, subjectivity comes in play. A lot. As you can see here. :funny:

Exactly.

Like Shadownlord or whatever his name is -- he's not reading my words right. I'm not saying LOVE every comic book movie. I'm saying, before you see it, support it and hope it's great so we can improve it all around.

I learned my lesson with Avengers. I doubted it. I was wrong.

It seems that every time there's a "new" great comic book movie, all other comic book movies that were also regarded as being great are suddenly discredited. :whatever:

MMhmm.

new toy syndrome

1254172884282.jpg

So far, the only 2D shot film that didn't have a bad 3D conversion is the Titanic re-release. The 3D in that was apparently amazing, though I can't say I'm surprised since James Cameron probably knows how to work 3D better than any director that has tried so far.

So far, the only 2D shot film that didn't have a bad 3D conversion is the Titanic re-release. The 3D in that was apparently amazing, though I can't say I'm surprised since James Cameron probably knows how to work 3D better than any director that has tried so far.

I think that's a safe bet! (speaking of Titanic. It's a 100 years ago today, that the ship sank)
Cameron knows his ****! Which is why I'm very much looking forwards to seeing Spiderman in 3D! Cameron has been a co-supervisor on the 3D aspect. He had long talks with Marc Webb about making the best use of it. Not to mention that Spidey is the first film ever to use the all new 3D camera, called "Red Epic". The Hobbit is also filmed with this camera, but Spidey gets to show off its potential first.. This I'm excited to see.

I see it like being a sports fan. You have your favorite teams, but the mature fans mostly want to see a good game, not for their non-favored team to suck and for their star athlete to tear a muscle or whatever.

Teams that suck don't make for exciting games, and you pay good money to see some exciting competitive play, not for boring games where everyone knows the winner coming in.

It's kind of like that, but for movies, it's still murky because once a movie hits the bar of being "good" in general, subjectivity comes in play. A lot. As you can see here. :funny:

Are you a sports fan? I am. I not only root for my teams but I also hope every other team in their divisions suck ass and put up goose eggs for the season. Why? Because that would mean that my teams dominate and do well, which is my hope. Once I saw my team win a playoff game 51-7 and had a blast because even though it was one-sided, it was perfectly played on that one side. And there are plenty of teams that I and other fans simply love to hate and always will. So I don't agree with the sports analogy, but different strokes.

People should just avoid post converted 3D live action movies. There hasn't been a single good conversion to this day.

Ths 3D trailer looked great to me. So dif strikes for dif folks.

Eh. It was top notch conversion for a 90s film, but it being a 15 year old film didn't help it. some shots looked great, others just didn't have anything added.

I'll try to see it in 2D if I can, but since I don't have a very flexible schedule I'll see the movie whenever it is available on my day off, even if it is 3D. It will not distract me from my enjoyment of the movie I don't think, and I can deal with some minor annoyances if I have to.

I'm annoyed when people just hate on other CBMs for no reason other than to troll. Avengers is without a doubt my most anticipated film of the year, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited for The Amazing Spider-Man or The Dark Knight Rises. I'm not too much excited for the two latter right now only because all my excitement is focused on The Avengers lol.

But once I see the Avengers, after a few months of calming down and therapy, I'll be mostly over it and start to become more excited for TASM and TDKR. Though, I know I won't be as excited for those as I am for Avengers.

In the end, just because one comic book movie is your favorite, it doesn't mean you have to hate the other ones. Let's love all the comic book movies that come out this year. Except Ghost Rider, even though it had incredible visuals.

Are you a sports fan? I am. I not only root for my teams but I also hope every other team in their divisions suck ass and put up goose eggs for the season. Why? Because that would mean that my teams dominate and do well, which is my hope. Once I saw my team win a playoff game 51-7 and had a blast because even though it was one-sided, it was perfectly played on that one side. And there are plenty of teams that I and other fans simply love to hate and always will. So I don't agree with the sports analogy, but different strokes.

:highfive:

I want to see a good game when my team is NOT involved. Otherwise I want to see us dominate 102 -20. Every game. Oh would that be so much fun too.

I think that's a safe bet! (speaking of Titanic. It's a 100 years ago today, that the ship sank)
Cameron knows his ****! Which is why I'm very much looking forwards to seeing Spiderman in 3D! Cameron has been a co-supervisor on the 3D aspect. He had long talks with Marc Webb about making the best use of it. Not to mention that Spidey is the first film ever to use the all new 3D camera, called "Red Epic". The Hobbit is also filmed with this camera, but Spidey gets to show off its potential first.. This I'm excited to see.

IIRC Ridley Scott's PROMETHEUS is the first with the RED Epic 3D camera. Many people have been praising the 3D in the trailers!

Forgot about Titanic 3D. I haven't seen it myself but that one apparently did break the bad post conversion trend. Then again it was Cameron himself who worked on it so good results were expected.

I know he'd been working on it for a while though which would explain why it's so good in comparison to most movies that get a 3D conversion in a couple of months.

Yep, I'm a big 3D buff, and Titanic 3D was splendid, great depth, immersion, felt like you were THERE, magical stuff.

But yeah otherwise, 3D conversions have sucked so far. Just shows you that when you know your stuff, 3D conversion can be great. Captain America was really meh in 3D, very flat, Thor even worse. John Carter's 3D was alright and it was one of the best 3D conversions I've seen, Wrath's 3D was pretty good, but the movie was thought out in 3D from the very beginning.

Still, apart from Titanic, you just see it when it's shot in 3D: Hugo was splendid, Avatar of course, Resident Evil Afterlife (the 3D, not the movie :D ) was pretty impressive in 3D too, Journey 2 was pretty good.

But yeah, with 3D, this is pretty much what you see now "yeah 3D was unnecessary", which makes me laugh all the time, the thing is with good 3D, is that you tend not to notice it as the movie goes on, because it becomes natural. I've done the test several times of removing the glasses, and putting em back on: even in the movies with a so so 3D, you just see that it becomes totally flat, you have the volume with the 3D.

Makes me think of Journey 2, where simple dialogue scenes had me impressed. It makes it feel so much more real, with the characters having perfect volume, no cardboard cut outs (even though this complaint is a bit ridiculous, and only occurs in a few examples). It sounds stupid but seeing the main character talking in the foreground, and clearly distinguishing the other character sitting in the chair a couple of meters up ahead is just immersive because it makes me feel like I'm here, being a part of the conversation, whereas in 2D, you don't have that, it's flat, flat, flat and flat again.

3D ftw, it just needs to be done well. I can tell already that Spidey, Prometheus and The Hobbit will look INCREDIBLE in 3D, especially the 48 fps on The Hobbit, which should make it so much smoother.

Personally, I love 3D.

Movies have evolved to approach the way we see the world. First they added sound, then they added color, now they are adding the third dimension. For me, it's not a gimmick, it's a step in the right direction in making movies look more natural. Just like bad sound, bad 3D can be distracting, that goes without saying. Doesn't mean that 2D is better than 3D in principle, though.

Just my two cents.

Exactly.

Like Shadownlord or whatever his name is -- he's not reading my words right. I'm not saying LOVE every comic book movie. I'm saying, before you see it, support it and hope it's great so we can improve it all around.

My question said nothing about love; I said support.

Personally, I love 3D.

Movies have evolved to approach the way we see the world. First they added sound, then they added color, now they are adding the third dimension. For me, it's not a gimmick, it's a step in the right direction in making movies look more natural. Just like bad sound, bad 3D can be distracting, that goes without saying. Doesn't mean that 2D is better than 3D in principle, though.

Just my two cents.

I have yet to see a movie where the 3D enhanced my viewing so i still think it's gimmick, but to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"