• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comic fans enjoys different things but the wiring in your head that stops you enjoying either Nolan films or Avengers-type films I see as something that is holding you back from the enjoyment that millions of other people are experiencing. We're not talking about the likes of reality TV here, widely popular but generally derided products ...both Avengers and TDKR are likely to turn out to be very high quality and probably industry-leading products.

If you simply don't like one of them then there's nothing you can do about it...you're missing out and it's not your fault. If any other factors (eg negative bias) are playing a part then you're just a bit silly. :woot:

Yeah I'm a fan of Raimi's Spider-Man but when I go into the TASM threads all I see is Raimi/Tobey bashing which is why I don't go in there anymore.

Same here. Was surprised when I first saw all the bashing there given how obviously successful SM1 & 2 were. Just one of those Internet things I guess.

Dang I missed the new spots shown during the Lakers game. :(

Same here. Was surprised when I first saw all the bashing there given how obviously successful SM1 & 2 were. Just one of those Internet things I guess.

Some people also babsh Burtons Bat. I don't love the 89 original but Returns was AWSOME, and has a version of Catwoman that just sizzles onscreen, plus face it any movie that has Walken in it at that point in his carrear is worth another look,.

I can rewatch Devito's Pengiun a thousand times over .

I actually think despite the many artistic liberties Burton took, Keatons brooding Wayne was the best

Tobey was near perfect as Parker -

Apparently there were 4 new spots. I didn't catch any of them. :(
I believe there was a spot for each of the four big name Avengers. I saw the Cap, Thor and Hulk ones myself.

I'm surprised (and disappointed) none of 'em are up yet.

I was watching the games and saw all the TV spots...each had just minimal new material, but exciting just the same.

Well in the meantime this is the new one I saw yesterday on Nick. "Stand Together"

Does anyone know the name of the Avenger's theme? The one they used in the 2nd trailer and plays on their website.

Yeah, people on the internet can be annoying sometimes. :dry:

What the heck just happened in this thread? People are applauding a movieworldexpress video? The same guy who hates Burton, Raimi, Nolan, and Favreau and pretty much most modern superhero films, is a lover of the schumacher flicks, reletentlessly trolls and bashes people on tons of comic book message boards for having different opinions by posting profanity and expletives everywhere and people are actually praising him just because he makes a video saying Avengers>Nolan, not unlike his other obsessive 40 or so other videos (seriously, the guy is a freak) where he bashes him with the same points? Not to mention this dude's video isn't even allowed on these boards due to the profanity. This place just hit a new low... a big shame my excitement for this film had be wounded by this new display of fanboyism.

Shouts out to Bosef/The Batman for trying to bring some sanity back here.

Does anyone know the name of the Avenger's theme? The one they used in the 2nd trailer and plays on their website.
Here's that track:

It's not the Avengers' theme or from the score of the movie at all for that matter.

Yeah I'm a fan of Raimi's Spider-Man but when I go into the TASM threads all I see is Raimi/Tobey bashing which is why I don't go in there anymore.

I used to lurk there, but I stopped for the very same reason.

I recently watched Spiderman 1 & 2 for the first time in years and I thoroughly enjoyed both of them.

I've personally never cared for Tobey as Spider-man and LOVE the casting of Andrew so much more, but the Tobey/Raimi bashing at the TASM boards does tend to get outta hand.

What the heck just happened in this thread? People are applauding a movieworldexpress video? The same guy who hates Burton, Raimi, Nolan, and Favreau and pretty much most modern superhero films, is a lover of the schumacher flicks, reletentlessly trolls and bashes people on tons of comic book message boards for having different opinions by posting profanity and expletives everywhere and people are actually praising him just because he makes a video saying Avengers>Nolan, not unlike his other obsessive 40 or so other videos (seriously, the guy is a freak) where he bashes him with the same points? Not to mention this dude's video isn't even allowed on these boards due to the profanity. This place just hit a new low... a big shame my excitement for this film had be wounded by this new display of fanboyism.

I don't know anything about this guy and I wasn't praising him. I didn't even watch the whole thing. He just said 2 things which I agree with; THE AVENGERS is awesome and nolan is a boring director. Sorry but I agree.

I think it's fine to be cynical and skeptical at times but a lot of times he was totally ignorant about it and also made outright false stuff up. He'd ask me questions and I tried to answer them in depth and give examples and then in the next post he would completely ignore it and just pick out one small thing I would say and go, "YOU'RE A TROLL AND ON IGNORE!" And then he'd proceed to NOT put me on ignore.

I got so fed up I just ended up putting him on ignore instead.
My favorite moment of his was him claiming that all the truly great and classics movies have little to none deleted scenes; that those directors got their visions "right" in the script with no changes.

I don't know anything about this guy and I wasn't praising him. I didn't even watch the whole thing. He just said 2 things which I agree with; THE AVENGERS is awesome and nolan is a boring director. Sorry but I agree.
Yeah, it's cool. People have their own opinions and I respect yours for disliking Nolan's style, even if I disagree with it. It just irritated me to see a page of people vindicating this guy of all people as he truly has his head up his ass and is a bad example of a fan. I didn't even watch the video myself, I'm too familiar with this guy to care for anything he has to say. He's rude and obnoxious.

You'll live :whatever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"