The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Best show ever.

I work at a library and there is a little display that we set up which features Staff Recommendations. Naturally I picked Batman ‘66 Season One Disc One! It continues to reach new fans!

It’s a shame we never got Two-Face, he would have been such an exciting addition to the series. Clayface and Scarecrow would be the other major omissions. I think they all could have worked very well in the show.

I know that the 66 comics and animated films have their fans, but there’s something missing from those. They don’t hit in remotely the same way.

Strangely, I feel that the Batman 89 and Superman 78 comics have been more satisfying as “sequels” than the 66 comics.

Auction loaded with 66 props: (also Trek and Lost in Space) If nothing else they make fantastic reference images.

lf

lf

lf

lf

lf

lf

lf

lf

lf

lf

Surprised the Bat-Claws never (as far as I know) made it into the comics, could have suprised Wolverine:cwink:
lf

lf

lf

Last edited:
Before Newmar and Bankhead appeared on BATMAN as "Catwoman" and "Black Widow" they were in a play together in 1956.
"Ziegfeld Follies".
Rehearsal Photo.

NewmarBankhead.jpg

The sculpting, miniature work, construction and detail are all impressive, the wiring is on a whole other (incomprehensible to me) level.

Last edited:
My god that is insanely impressive.

Ha! Adam West and César Romero always look like they were having such outrageous fun, on and off set.
Love that pic. I believe that is Roddy McDowall (aka Bookworm) with them. What antics were they up to ^there? Some event on the studio back lot? :cwink:

Smoke break...
GDtN_WqWYAAcHdO

Last edited:
Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Sherry Jackson, she turn on Feb. 15th.
Sherry in my opinion was the prettiest of the Riddler's Molls.

SherryRiddler.jpg

Cesar Romero was also born on Feb 15th. 1907.

1708150445311.png

Jerry Lewis, Dick Shawn, and Connie Stevens visit the Batman set.
Jane Wald is playing the Joker's moll. Season 1. Joker Trumps an Ace and Batman Sets the Pace.

1711168129410.png

It is being reported on various soap sites (where she is known for All My Children) that Lee Meriwether is now suffering from Alzheimer's disease. As is her eldest daughter.

Such awful news and how tragic to see all the great stars from the 66 show slowly fade away. She was a great Catwoman, despite her limited material and she always seemed like an absolute sweetheart.

Mother and daughter suffering from it? That is awful. Its such a cruel disease.

It is being reported on various soap sites (where she is known for All My Children) that Lee Meriwether is now suffering from Alzheimer's disease. As is her eldest daughter.

Such awful news and how tragic to see all the great stars from the 66 show slowly fade away. She was a great Catwoman, despite her limited material and she always seemed like an absolute sweetheart.

That’s awful to hear.

Honestly, with due respect to Newmar and Kitt, Lee Meriwether is always the first one I think of when it comes to the ‘66 Catwoman. For the longest time, the movie was really the only part of the series that I had access to. And she was great alongside Gorshin, Romero and Meredith.

That’s awful to hear.

Honestly, with due respect to Newmar and Kitt, Lee Meriwether is always the first one I think of when it comes to the ‘66 Catwoman. For the longest time, the movie was really the only part of the series that I had access to. And she was great alongside Gorshin, Romero and Meredith.

same for me.

she was the OG catwoman for me, since the 66 movie was the only batman movie around for a period of time in my childhood.
and i still love her dual performance in this as catwoman and ms. kitka to this day.

i hope Meriwether and her daughter are able to get through this ok.
:crying:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"