• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I forgot that Zoe was in Fantastic Beasts 2. That's how memorable that movie was. :o

I didn’t really like the first one, it wasn’t bad but it wasn’t on Harry Potter level.

I hope we get more casting news this upcoming week.

Wasn't The Flash supposed to start filming January or Spring 2020 also? I guess we can throw that back in the pile.

Nah the IT2 director just finished work commitment for that project last month, he's probably still on holiday, it won't shoot till at least this time next year

Those Fantastic Beasts movies really suck. Love the HP movies though. It’s another LOTR/Hobbit situation just much worse.

Those Fantastic Beasts movies really suck. Love the HP movies though. It’s another LOTR/Hobbit situation just much worse.
I personally didn't think the Hobbit movies were that bad. I kinda liked them. But hey, what do I know?

I personally didn't think the Hobbit movies were that bad. I kinda liked them. But hey, what do I know?

Same for me. Some things are like pizza, where even the "bad" is still pretty good.

FB1 was awesome (I have zero love for HP though my gf read them all and watches the movies all the time and she loved it too) but the second one was trash. The Hobbit films stunk but the book stunk so it stands to reason. Making 3 films out of a 300 page book was ridiculous anyways.

This is a call to action, Reeves.

I want to see Pattinson and Kravitz get tantric. :o

I honestly hope they announce Alfred before they announce Penguin. I couldn't care less about Penguin and I'm really curious as to who they're getting for Alfred.

Scripts are never "done". Especially on movies featuring big revenue generating IP like Batman where there is so much at stake for the studio and a million different people that the creators have to listen to and unforeseen things come up that force a scene to need to be rewritten on set and so on and so on.

That is especially true if they are not shooting in January and the filming is being pushed back until spring or summer. That gives Matt Reeves even MORE time to work on it before cameras roll.

Recent comments by Rob and now this reference on BTAS, are taking inspirations from completely different iterations of Batman.

I’m intrigued how that will all coalesce into a singular unique vision of Bats. The ingredients are all there take the best of all worlds. But also has a chance of coming off like a hodgepodge of character traits.

I think Robert's comments perfectly apply to the Bruce Wayne of TAS tho. DCAU Batman ended up alone and bitter for a reason.
TNBA/BB/JLU Bruce, maybe.

BTAS Bruce had a more balanced life and whose mental faculties weren't in question.

Rob seems to be interested in the more weird and darker take on him.

TNBA/BB/JLU Bruce, maybe.

BTAS Bruce had a more balanced life and whose mental faculties weren't in question.

Not really.
Just because that version of Batman sometimes smiled does not mean he was balanced at all. He was constantly questioning himself and his allies were constantly questioning his sanity at times as well. There were a lot of episodes that went deep on how damaged he is. Not to mention Mask of the Phantasm.

He had issues yes, he questionned his sanity, he was well written. now hey this is batman of course he has issues :) but he was fairly more balanced than say Batman year one, or Ego ( Which is inspiring Matt Reeves) i doubt we will see a Batman the animated serie take, even more when Robert is talking as losing himself in the role. Sound what he wants to do is fairly extreme. Anyways, he (with Reeves) must find a way to do their own unique Batman. So i dont expect them to ressemble Batas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"