• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not against Battinson being a part of a shared universe, but I'd prefer it didn't happen 'til Reeves finished his trilogy. Then, if Rob's still game, go for it. Ideally, by then you should have at least 1 or 2 new Superman movies off the ground, so I'd say start small and do a World's Finest or something with Pattinson and New Supes. But I'd really rather see Reeves tell his whole story without interference first.

I don't know how to explain it but it doesn't feel like this is supposed to be connected? I dunno. Feels like a Venom or X-Men situation where it's in it's own universe despite being a Marvel property.

I don't know how to explain it but it doesn't feel like this is supposed to be connected? I dunno. Feels like a Venom or X-Men situation where it's in it's own universe despite being a Marvel property.
Oh I don't disagree. That's part of why I'd want the Reeves trilogy to be complete first - so that it could still function as its own self-contained thing. And if Rob shows up in the other movies, they don't necessarily need to worry about continuity with his trilogy, so it might as well be another universe anyway. Same way I would've been totally down to see Christian Bale in Batfleck's role at the time, even if it otherwise had no relation to Nolan's trilogy. The way I see it, a good Batman's a good Batman, and I'm happy to watch a good Batman in all sorts of different stories that have nothing to do with each other, beyond the basic, "hey, it's that Batman I like in a whole new adventure!" When I see what people like James Wan and Patty Jenkins did with Snyder's scraps, it really makes me realize that I don't need these actors' versions to be married to one iteration or director's vision. But then, I've never cared much about cross-franchise continuity anyway, beyond enjoying fun Easter eggs and cameos.

I want to see what Reeves is up to in the first movie before I decide if I want a trilogy from him. Sure, he made one of my favorite movies of all time, but it doesn't automatically mean that his take on Batman is a guaranteed victory.

And don't connect it to anything. I can't stress it enough. There's not enough filmmaker-driven comic book movies out there today. I don't want any TV-show spin offs about what Gordon was up to between Batman 1 and Batman 2. Nor some supporting character spin-off trilogy. If you want to make a Batgirl movie - just make one without tying it to Reeves' Batman. It should work by it's own rules, tell it's own story and have it's own tone, production design and style.

Isn't she lovely? :hrt:
anfield-cemetery-batman-liverpool-uk-shutterstock-editorial-10952695l.jpg

Yeah, I want Reeves’s Batman to be in its own little Gotham world away from everything. We all saw Easter Eggs of
Superman and Wonder Woman
during Liverpool and Chicago filming.

So, The Hollywood Reporter had its article come out today and now people are making stuff up ( "sources" ) about WB asking Reeves to quickly get a trailer together to get people's minds off the Ray situation :whatever: ... Nothing but drama and another reason why I want Reeves's Earth-2 to be left alone and far away from this craziness.

So, The Hollywood Reporter had its article come out today and now people are making stuff up ( "sources" ) about WB asking Reeves to quickly get a trailer together to get people's minds off the Ray situation :whatever: ... Nothing but drama and another reason why I want Reeves's Earth-2 to be left alone and far away from this craziness.

They're now saying the same thing about the just released Long Halloween trailer. This stuff stresses me out lol. At this rate, I'm pretty sure they're gonna boycott The Batman too.

I'm just here in my corner hoping that by some miracle, the tension between people who want to move on and the Snyderverse people will die down. We're all fans, it's ridiculous that all this in-fighting has to happen.

Sorry for ranting :(

Last edited:
His movie drop in a year.....droppin another trailer that Soon is absurdity, even if u want people to forget what happened today. with that Article....let the man finish his Post Production In Peace

as for the tension between snyder fans & WB..the problem is .its not with Just Snyder Fans anymore, this is way Bigger....and WB deserve all that Heat

I doubt we'll get anything of note until a big con (fingers crossed for another Fandome in the summer). Maybe some pics or character posters before then.

I think we'll get pics by may or June and another trailer by August, but no sooner.

If WB really was gonna make a damage control move, an official still or teaser poster would suffice. Too soon for a new trailer, and I sure as **** wouldn't want one under these bull**** circumstances.

Warner Brothers could have had a cinematic universe so long ago too. Such a shame.

F845D30F-5F10-4E11-A118-A9974D5529A5.jpeg

Seeing Keaton with the DCEU heroes will just make me long for this lineup instead. They should do a comic book with that team at least.

I would really like to have 3 separate cinematic universes featuring Batman.

1. A self contained Batman universe with Pattinson
2. A Justice League series with Affleck
3. A Batman Beyond series with Keaton

This just makes the most sense to me.

I'm not against Battinson being a part of a shared universe, but I'd prefer it didn't happen 'til Reeves finished his trilogy. Then, if Rob's still game, go for it. Ideally, by then you should have at least 1 or 2 new Superman movies off the ground, so I'd say start small and do a World's Finest or something with Pattinson and New Supes. But I'd really rather see Reeves tell his whole story without interference first.
Best way to do it IMO, assuming that’s what Reeves wants. Or to put it another way, just do it however Reeves wants. :D

Rian Johnson taught me not to have too much faith in a director. Even if they have years of built up goodwill, things can still go terribly wrong. I hope The Batman turns out to be a good movie, but I had complete confidence in Rian Johnson for TLJ, and that was one of the most upsetting movies of all time.

Rian Johnson taught me not to have too much faith in a director. Even if they have years of built up goodwill, things can still go terribly wrong. I hope The Batman turns out to be a good movie, but I had complete confidence in Rian Johnson for TLJ, and that was one of the most upsetting movies of all time.
I'd be a lot more surprised if Reeves mucks it up. They are both great directors, but Reeves is so much more invested in the material than Rian is/was with Star Wars. His "mistakes" are likely to fall on the side that cater to fans (judging by the way he talks about it) rather than trying to rip up the rulebook in trying to make a good film (which is more likely from someone coming in looking to do something unique but with less attachment to the material). My take anyway. :yay:

Proof they’re trying to take attention away! How dare they leak this out today! :o

I mean they just started post production.

Thing is, this Batman is very different than Batfleck, with bat fleck, what we saw was damn cool, but had a hint of suspension of belief...

With Nolan, it was very grounded... this is very close to that.

I like what I see, in the fact I feel like I could walk around my city and bump into those characters.

When I think of Superman, for this 'universe' I feel the Donner style of practical effects, suits it best, in the sense we don't have these cgi capes that make it look good, but we never see that in the real world... I would expect a superman movie in this tone to focus on Clark Kent way more.. when we see superman, there are no padded suits, no cgi capes magically blowing in the wind, we legit just straight up see a man in a tight fitting body suit, lifting up a car or plucking a kid out a burning house.
When the public see him, it's just amazement, like they can't wrap their heads around it - it's a marvel and no one would be against him as they see his good - if anything I feel like Lois and clark, Dean Cain is the blue print to follow...

lol these folks really think anyone is going to have an idea what the film’s runtime is going to be this far out from the release date.

There's no way they have a locked runtime yet. It's not out for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"