No Way Home The Big Elephant In The Room: Previous Spider-Men Returning?

What are they suggesting? That Molina was saying he is in the movie when he's not so we'll all be surprised when he doesn't show up?
Basically they're of the belief that he lied about playing Raimiverse Ock again and being de-aged for the role.

I don't get it either, but some Spider-Man fans are just that stubborn to deny anything multiverse related happening in this movie and it's quite humorous to witness. When that first trailer premieres, Spider-Man Twitter is going to be a warzone. :funny:

Honestly when and if Tobey & Andrew appear in the trailer, you’ll probably still have people saying “No guys don’t fall for it again, it’s gonna be another Ralph Bohner” :o

Honestly when and if Tobey & Andrew appear in the trailer, you’ll probably still have people saying “No guys don’t fall for it again, it’s gonna be another Ralph Bohner” :o
You joke, but I've seen still people unironically using the Ralph Bohner thing as a crux to severely lower expectations in regards to Tobey and Andrew's appearances.

The Ralph Bohner thing shows what Marvel is capable of. and in a sense probably should be in mind when predicting all these theories about how deep they would go with Toby and Andrew.​

Pretty sure no one wants them to be reduced to unfunny punchlines no matter what screentime they have.

What if Tobey Maguire Spidey comes back but he's still acting like a jerk from Spider-Man 3 because somehow he never truly got rid of the black symbiote suit and it's possessed him even more in the intervening years so that he's a full-on villain now?

Maybe he'll tell Garfield Spidey he is glad Gwen Stacy died and that Holland's Spidey had his identity exposed, and will bully Revelori's Flash Thompson and swat Zendaya MJ.

I think the last thing the filmmakers will do is remind people of the least liked iteration of Tobey Maguire's run as Spider-Man.

Pretty sure Dark Raven was joking. I think. They have a peculiar sense of humor so it's hard to tell. :hehe:

Given that DanielRPK is very miss when it comes to rumors or assumptions (with the exception of predicting trailers), I'm going to take this with a very heavy grain of salt.

Perhaps he and Tobey both will be in Multiverse of Madness? Seems like that wouldn't be too far out of a bet if he's in No Way Home.

I find that unlikely as of now. Maybe as cameos, but definitely no more than that.

How so? I mean if Strange is in No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness is a continuation of the story arc, then wouldn't it be logical for them to have a role? Only way I see them not appearing is if they return to their homes or die.

Well Multiverse of madness is likely to be stuffed full of stuff. cameos and whatever that i very much doubt they would have much of a role even if they did appear.

What GuestStar said. Also Multiverse Of Madness and NWH were somewhat filming at the same time so it would have been impossible for both Tobey and Andrew to film for both unless some secret back-and-forth plane travels occurred, and given the state of the pandemic a while ago, it just doesn't seem likely.

If they somehow pop up in MoM, I can't see it being any more than cameos at best which would be infinitely easier to film.

There are always reshoots for films. MoM hasn't had its ones yet so there's still time now to film scenes with Garfield and Maguire. Maybe they even filmed some in front of a green screen before and these could be sent over for editing.

At this point I'm not surprised the length both Marvel and Sony are going to try and throw off the press from the previous Spider-Men appearance in the film.

They're saving the reveal for an eventual big splash, possibly with the first trailer release.

I found this quote from Feige interesting in light of the Spider-Man: No Way Home rumours:

""Part of the fun of the multiverse and playing with time is seeing other versions of characters, and other versions of the titular character in particular," says Feige, who also declined to confirm if Loki ties into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and/or other upcoming projects."

How credible is Murphy's Multiverse? They've said that Marvel and Sony have brought in the VFX teams that worked on the Raimi and Webb movies on No Way Home -- but decline to say who.

I don't think John Dykstra is coming back. But Scott Stokdyk and Jerome Chen are definitely possible.

How credible is Murphy's Multiverse? They've said that Marvel and Sony have brought in the VFX teams that worked on the Raimi and Webb movies on No Way Home -- but decline to say who.

I don't think John Dykstra is coming back. But Scott Stokdyk and Jerome Chen are definitely possible.
They're credible than most. It's intriguing news but like Arachnerd said in another thread, it's not uncommon for these movies to hire vfx artist from other types of action/comic movies. I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone who worked on the Raimi movies or the X-Men movies who also worked on an MCU movie already.

They're credible than most. It's intriguing news but like Arachnerd said in another thread, it's not uncommon for these movies to hire vfx artist from other types of action/comic movies. I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone who worked on the Raimi movies or the X-Men movies who also worked on an MCU movie already.

SPI has done the bulk of VFX for the Raimi and Webb movies, less so for the MCU Spidey movies. I’m sure there are artists who have worked on all the Spider-Man movies, including Spider-Verse.

It seems like the studios want to make sure that the CG Spider-Men are distinct and what audiences remember. Hence they’re likely recruiting the VFX supervisors— which is pretty smart— to help ensure visual continuity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"