No Way Home The Big Elephant In The Room: Previous Spider-Men Returning?

Ohhhhh ****. I'm calling this plot thread. But they never showed Andrew coming up with the idea for the new suit. He just had it.

What if he has the ASM 1 suit at first and see's the contrast and gets inspired? I dunno. Sounds like a very Marvel thing to do. And it wouldn't contradict or retcon any plot threads of the ASM universe. Especially since they'll likely pull the "you won't remember any of this once it's over" bs.

Ohhhhh ****. I'm calling this plot thread. But they never showed Andrew coming up with the idea for the new suit. He just had it.

What if he has the ASM 1 suit at first and see's the contrast and gets inspired? I dunno. Sounds like a very Marvel thing to do. And it wouldn't contradict or retcon any plot threads of the ASM universe. Especially since they'll likely pull the "you won't remember any of this once it's over" bs.

I'm not opposed to something like this but if he ends up forgetting what happens in this movie, how will he remember that he was inspired to make a new suit? Unless it's like a nagging feeling, not sure why he's inspired type thing.

There wasn't even an in-universe explanation between Andrew's two films, for the suit change. :funny:

My preference is that he has a completely new suit. Same with his villains. I want them all to be given the full Marvel Studios treatment.

:spidey:

Between this and the Batman Marvel and DC really dropped the ball even announcing these films. The wait is ridiculously ludicrous and the quiet is unwelcome for such grand concepts.

On Spider-Man's end there's no reason to not outright deny the inclusion of Andrew and Tobey Spider-Man in a press release to atleast put the GA in a calm attitude. The rumors are annoying.

And in Batman's case. Did they literally shoot a trailer first? How long is this movie gonna be? They've been filming for what a year now and still no official news or new trailer?

Hope the trend of blue balling with these films news ends. I remember when official news would come as the film is in production in the early phases of the MCU.

Then again, since everything is connected. The tiniest thing points to spoiling the next film.

Between this and the Batman Marvel and DC really dropped the ball even announcing these films. The wait is ridiculously ludicrous and the quiet is unwelcome for such grand concepts.

On Spider-Man's end there's no reason to not outright deny the inclusion of Andrew and Tobey Spider-Man in a press release to atleast put the GA in a calm attitude. The rumors are annoying.

And in Batman's case. Did they literally shoot a trailer first? How long is this movie gonna be? They've been filming for what a year now and still no official news or new trailer?

Hope the trend of blue balling with these films news ends. I remember when official news would come as the film is in production in the early phases of the MCU.

Then again, since everything is connected. The tiniest thing points to spoiling the next film.

Look, dude, we’re impatient, i get it, but they wanna unveil this surprise in a big way and not a press release.

Again, ive said this many times but this is basically Civil War all over again. Remember, Tom Holland was cast in 2015 and all Marvel said was, “he will appear in an upcoming MCU movie before his solo.” By sheer logic and process of elimination, all us fans KNEW it had to be Civil War but Marvel and the Russos stayed mum about it until that incredible “hey everyone” trailer came and broke the internet. I remember VERY clearly all the fans were getting antsy AF waiting for Marvel to just confirm Spidey was in it even though we all knew it but they wanted to make a big splash and they did.

Patience, my friend, it’ll be worth the wait.

The first outfit is great, its charm is that it actually looks like an outfit made by a high school student.

tumblr_m4x4koZmMV1rs2t92o1_500.gif

12345.gif

Not a great fan of the ASM1 suit, but if they got rid of the stripes on the leg and made the grid pattern on his mask more web-like rather than a straight grid it would be an improvement.

I wouldn't have a problem with Garfield's Spidey wearing a refined version of TASM1 suit myself. Maybe bringing it closer in line to Ben Reilly's 90s suit which it always kind of reminded me of personally.

The Raimi suit is timeless and has aged well so I'll be disappointed if they don't just dust it off for Maguire.

I was watching John Campea and Robert Meyer Burnett’s commentary of this interview today and theyre taking Andrew at face value and Campea said, “Dont you think if Andrew and Tobey were onset for any significant amount of time in this movie that the Hollywood Reporter or Variety would have picked this up?” Which was shocking to hear from knowledgeable guys like him and Burnett who’ve been in the industry. Of COURSE Hollywood Reporter and Variety and whatnot probably know about it. They probably all got a call from Marvel and Sony a long time ago saying, “ guys, please whatever you do, do not spoil these two’s involvement in this movie.”

These publications get fed stories and leaks directly from the studios and they dont wanna damage these relationships with the studios. I dont think these publications necessarily publish every juicy story they know, they get permission.

That's thing alot fans don't understand. The relationship between these publications and the studios isn't an adversarial one.

They aren't like TMZ or the Enquirer which reports alot of stuff , gossip, rumors, they hear and know, and don't mind stepping on toes.

There's alot of information these publications hear and know, but don't report for a variety of reasons. Just because THR reports what a studio announces publicly, doesn't mean that THR hasn't withheld information ,or the THR doesn't know more than they're saying.

Mhm. I feel they're in the know about a lot of things and have been told not to announce anything until the proper time.

No doubt in my mind THR and Variety know exactly whats going on with Tobey and Andrew but they dont wanna ruin it per the studio’s request.

Here's hoping some of the marketing really starts to kick into gear come June, trailer or not.

I would bet that we will be getting our first trailer in June, at that point we would be 6 months out...plus BW comes out in July, so it would make sense to have the trailer attached for it.

No doubt in my mind THR and Variety know exactly whats going on with Tobey and Andrew but they dont wanna ruin it per the studio’s request.

Exactly, but alot of fans assume that THR and other publications always say everything they know , and if they don't report it, that means it's not true.

Mhm. I feel they're in the know about a lot of things and have been told not to announce anything until the proper time.

This is what I've felt for a while now .

I would bet that we will be getting our first trailer in June, at that point we would be 6 months out...plus BW comes out in July, so it would make sense to have the trailer attached for it.
I hope we get a Venom trailer soon since that's supposed to come out in September lol. I really wanna see if the suit has the white spider symbol this time like the Halloween costume does (it said inspired by the look in the movie so...).

I gotta admit even though the first Venom was kind of like good bad B-movie I’m VERY curious about the second one. Curious about Carnage, curious about the direction Serkis is gonna take the film tonally and...wasnt it heavily rumored Holland was cameoing in it?

Is it wrong that the only thing I want is someone to mention Norman Osborn in front of Tobey Spider-man, only for Tobey to say "He's out of his mind."

Once again seeing people on Twitter who I respect saying Andrew Garfield can't possibly be in this cause he said he's not in it. People, you're smarter than this!

I'm pretty sure some anti-multiverse peeps are making that same argument because it suits their needs. :o

I'm pretty sure some anti-multiverse peeps are making that same argument because it suits their needs. :o
Saw a dude with an Omni-Man profile pic on Twitter tonight patently actin like a jerk saying Molina was probably lying to make us surprised and we're all gonna look stupid when he's not what he said.

IT WAS AN INTERVIEW WITH VARIETY! It's not Andrew Garfield saying no on a random interview lmao.

Saw a dude with an Omni-Man profile pic on Twitter tonight patently actin like a jerk saying Molina was probably lying to make us surprised and we're all gonna look stupid when he's not what he said.

IT WAS AN INTERVIEW WITH VARIETY! It's not Andrew Garfield saying no on a random interview lmao.

What are they suggesting? That Molina was saying he is in the movie when he's not so we'll all be surprised when he doesn't show up?

Well that would be quite the opposite of these denials by everyone else that they're not in an MCU movie.

There's a group of fans who can't except that this film is delving into the Multiverse ,and that Ock and Electro are returning.

They're a vocal minority , but they've been against it since the rumors started.

I can understand being skeptical about things which aren't confirmed, but when it's right there, confirmed ,and in their faces, and they're still denying it's real, either they're trolling, or delusional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"