No Way Home The Big Elephant In The Room: Previous Spider-Men Returning?

Kevin Feige came out in the leaked Sony e-mails saying that he liked Jamie Foxx as Electro, so I'm pretty sure he's being brought in to play an MCU version because of that reason. As for Alfred Molina, he's beloved in the role so like JK Simmons being back as Jonah Jameson to play an MCU interpretation, why not bring him back the same way?

As for the reason why Sony hasn't denied the Spider-Verse rumors, they're taking advantage of the hype to draw more people in. The more people in, the more money they get when folks go see the movie. Not really a far-fetched tactic, and an effective one as well.

Kevin Feige came out in the leaked Sony e-mails saying that he liked Jamie Foxx as Electro, so I'm pretty sure he's being brought in to play an MCU version because of that reason. As for Alfred Molina, he's beloved in the role so like JK Simmons being back as Jonah Jameson to play an MCU interpretation, why not bring him back the same way?

As for the reason why Sony hasn't denied the Spider-Verse rumors, they're taking advantage of the hype to draw more people in. The more people in, the more money they get when folks go see the movie. Not really a far-fetched tactic, and an effective one as well.

As I've said, this could very well just be a Spider-Man vs Doctor Octopus and Electro movie. Given how the creator of WandaVision said that it ties in to NWH, there's bound to be some multiverse stuff, but that could just be there to explain how Ock and Electro are involved instead both them and the other Spider-Men.

Either way, there's very little chance Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield have stepped foot anywhere near this movie. Wandavision's finale could also just tie into No Way Home because of Strange being in it and nothing else.

Either way, there's very little chance Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield have stepped foot anywhere near this movie. Wandavision's finale could also just tie into No Way Home because of Strange being in it and nothing else.

You might be right. As I've said, the return of Molina and Foxx is reason enough to be hyped. I can't wait to see where they take Electro, I'm very happy the character's getting a second chance. Do you think that the villains are gonna originate in the MCU or will they come from alternate realities?

Given that I've pretty much done a 180 over the past month in regards to anything multiverse-related happening in this movie, gonna have to go with new MCU interpretations. :funny:

Given that I've pretty much done a 180 over the past month in regards to anything multiverse-related happening in this movie, gonna have to go with new MCU interpretations. :funny:

That would be cool too. Should they get new origin story scenes or just brief flashbacks like Mysterio got?

Eh. I'm indifferent to each.

And you know what, I just realized, even if they ARE in it....we're likely not going to see them in the first trailer either. We're not going to see them or get official confirmation until a couple months before the movies premieres, probably around the 2nd or third trailer. I highly doubt they give them away in the first teaser trailer.

Can someone remind who was the original source/website/blog whatever that first "broke this news" and put this idea into our heads?

And you know what, I just realized, even if they ARE in it....we're likely not going to see them in the first trailer either. We're not going to see them or get official confirmation until a couple months before the movies premieres, probably around the 2nd or third trailer. I highly doubt they give them away in the first teaser trailer.
Morbius. Adrian Toomes. Need I say more?

And this whole Spider-Verse misdirection started with Jamie Foxx's announcement on Instagram and that accursed fan art he shared. It's what spiralled a lot of fans into false hope.

Couple that with Alfred Molina coming back, Benedict Cumberbatch being featured, and a hoaxed video of latin-american Sony claiming that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield were in NHW and along with Tom Holland's version would "save the world together", it's not difficult to see why folks got their hopes up.

Charles Murphy isn't helping with his Tobey Maguire 'scoop' which is just leading people on.

And this whole Spider-Verse misdirection started with Jamie Foxx's announcement on Instagram and that accursed fan art he shared. It's what spiralled a lot of fans into false hope.

Couple that with Alfred Molina coming back, Benedict Cumberbatch being featured, and a hoaxed video of latin-american Sony claiming that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield were in NHW and along with Tom Holland's version would "save the world together", it's not difficult to see why folks got their hopes up.

Charles Murphy isn't helping with his Tobey Maguire 'scoop' which is just leading people on.

I am beyond certain the reason they had Vulture in that trailer was the belief that a popular character from a better movie being in Morbius would get people to watch it lol.

Regarding Tobey and Andrew I'm still firmly on the fence. We have no real evidence either way.

And tbh, theres also still a part of me that thinks that even if this is true and we're getting this epic threeway team up....is Jon Watts the guy to deliver it to us? Is he the guy to deliver these three Spider-men onscreen for the very first time and direct a story of that magnitude? Am i being too harsh on him?

We don’t know what the “magnitude” of it is, even if they are in it.

And tbh, theres also still a part of me that thinks that even if this is true and we're getting this epic threeway team up....is Jon Watts the guy to deliver it to us? Is he the guy to deliver these three Spider-men onscreen for the very first time and direct a story of that magnitude? Am i being too harsh on him?

Jon Watts is no Sam Raimi, but he's also no Marc Webb, which is a good thing.

Given Feige has already stated that SM3 is connected to Wandavision and Dr Strange 2 The Multiverse of Madness, in addition to Molina and Foxx being in it, so ,it's pretty clear its going to have some multiverse angle to it .

It's hard to deny that at this point.

Whether are not Maguire and Garfield have a cameo remains to be seen, though given Zendaya " I can't confirm or deny" statement and alot of the non Denials,( and no, I don't believe Holland) I still think Maguire and Garfield are going to have a cameo.

The bottle line is, we don't know 100% they're in or out of the film, so we really can't talk about people getting there hopes up as if we've seen the final film, and we know one way or another they're in the film or not.

It's far too early to come to any of those type of postmortems before we've even seen the final film, let alone even a real trailer with footage from the film in it.

After we've seen the film, we can come back and talk about how fans got their hopes up if certain things don't come to pass.

Given Feige has already stated that SM3 is connected to Wandavision and Dr Strange 2 The Multiverse of Madness, in addition to Molina and Foxx being in it, so ,it's pretty clear its going to have some multiverse angle to it .

It's hard to deny that at this point.

Whether are not Maguire and Garfield have a cameo remains to be seen, though given Zendaya " I can't confirm or deny" statement and alot of the non Denials,( and no, I don't believe Holland) I still think Maguire and Garfield are going to have a cameo.

The bottle line is, we don't know 100% they're in or out of the film, so we really can't talk about people getting there hopes up as if we've seen the final film, and we know one way or another they're in the film or not.

It's far too early to come to any of those type of postmortems before we've even seen the final film, let alone even a real trailer with footage from the film in it.

After we've seen the film, we can come back and talk about how fans got their hopes up if certain things don't come to pass.
Eh. Regardless of the outcome, there will still be people who complain about what they wanted to happen didn't happen, whether that be Spider-Verse or not. As for Strange, he could just pop up at the end for a lead-in to Multiverse Of Madness, which will probably not be that different from his purpose in the Wandavision finale. It doesn't automatically mean a multiverse plotline is happening in this movie.

Still think people should keep their expectations in check, but that's up to them to consider the notion of being disappointed in the end or not.

Yea, I mean Im still keeping an open mind, but the thread could simply just be that Strange is gonna be in all 3 and that's it. So Watts has to work with the other directors cause he has to know know where Strange is coming from in Wandavision and where he's gonna end up for Multiverse of Madness.

Given what's come out over the years about Sony wanting to hold back and Marvel pushing the envelope it could be true. JJJ in FFH got a great response, and "Fietro" in WandaVision was a nice proof of concept for Sony.

People are going to be so disappointed when it turns out Fietro is just a random Westview citizen that Agatha's been controlling and powering. Not sure if I would word it as a nice proof of concept.

What unexpected news! But I would, of course, be very happy if all Spider-Man came together with one film. Moreover, this does not contradict the canon. :hehe:They were not born that way, but became, which means they may well live in the same multiverse. But I don’t believe they will be in films all the time. Most likely, they will just appear in the episode.:whatever:

Starting to wonder
if we should lock this thread given that the Wandavision finale pretty much said outright and center "we're not having any multiverse shenanigans here, so don't expect any to come in No Way Home."

I'm 100% convinced they will not be in the movie and lots of people are going to throw tantrums, just like how fans are currently doing with Ralph.

There's not really anything else to speculate other than what's already been speculated.

Well it's not like I have the option to lock it if I wanted to lol

But yeah, best to keep it open in case a goddamn miracle happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"