No Way Home The Big Elephant In The Room: Previous Spider-Men Returning?

How is there still doubt going around? Honestly the confirmation I needed was Strange, Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx are staring. If that isn't a multiverse set up well **** I dunno what more you need.

The announcement is gonna be massive regardless. If they could single handedly cancel out all our theories with one episode of WV. We could easily see them proving us right for once with SM3.

Remember what feige said

"Some are right, and some couldn't be farther from the truth"

I think people are just feeling deflated and blue-balled from Wandavision today so now we’re second guessing everything we’ve been speculating about this “multiverse” story. :funny::funny:

Lord, could you imagine if Tobey and Andrew literally have nothing to do with this movie? The fan outrage would be epic. And the funniest part is this whole Tobey/Andrew thing was totally willed into existence by social media.

I could see Sony and Feige maybe considering the idea of developing a live-action Spider-Verse movie after how positive most of the fan response has been to the idea, but No Way Home will be its own standalone story with a conclusive end for Tom Holland's Spider-Man while obviously leaving room open for more movies to be made.

Eh, I wouldn't write them off just yet. I mean, we have an entire Doctor Strange movie concerning the multiverse. Am I expecting them in this film? No. Will I be surprised if they're in it? No. Guess all we can do for now is continue to speculate and talk in circles.

But technically, Sam Raimi exists in the MCU....

Well in The Winter Soldier while working for Nick Fury, played by Sam Jackson, Steve has Star Wars on his list of stuff to catch up....imagine his shock and confusion when he watches the prequels and sees none other than.....Sam Jackson.

The movie Hot Tub Time Machine was also referenced in Avengers: Endgame, so presumably both Samuel L. Jackson and Sebastian Stan exist in the MCU's reality, along with their doppelgangers Nick Fury and Bucky Barnes.

The Multiverse was there all along!

Hold up. Malcolm In The Middle exists in the MCU, evident by Wanda watching the show and being a huge fan. However within Malcolm In The Middle, the lead character Malcolm has a poster of Tobey's Spider-Man in his bedroom. How does this connect!?
DEds.jpg

Last edited:
I think people are just feeling deflated and blue-balled from Wandavision today so now we’re second guessing everything we’ve been speculating about this “multiverse” story. :funny::funny:

I think fans are trying to read all kinds of tealeaves to get an indication of whether or not they're in SM3 .

I don't personally see how Wandavision's finale proves they aren't going to be in SM3 and that there won't be a multiverse element to SM3.

I don't see how the two are related , but everyone is gonna have their own view I suppose.

It indicates whether or not the MCU is actually willing to go that particular route with the multiverse concept. As it stands with what they did with you-know-who, it points more towards unlikelihood and that the multiverse concept will only be explored in its titular movie and regard mind-tripping dimensions with eldritch beings rather than having any alternate characters popping up.

It doesn't bode well. Not in the slightest.

It indicates whether or not the MCU is actually willing to go that particular route with the multiverse concept. As it stands with what they did with you-know-who, it points more towards unlikelihood and that the multiverse concept will only be explored in its titular movie and regard mind-tripping dimensions with eldritch beings rather than having any alternate characters popping up.

It doesn't bode well. Not in the slightest.

Yeah, I don't see that at all the definite proof you see it as.

It doesn't prove to me that Maguire and Garfield won't have a cameo in SM3.

Now ,that's not saying its impossible that they won't be in it. That's saying the evidence you're presenting isn't sufficient for me to come to the conclusion that there's no way the actors could be in SM3 ,nor that SM3 wouldn't at least touch on the multiverse as an element of the film.

Now, if you show me a trailer for SM3 in which there's no hint of the multiverse in the film, then I could ride that horse with you because your case becomes stronger . But the Wandavision finale alone doesn't speak to anything definitive about SM3 let alone who will or won't be in it.

The finale would have to go far beyond what it did for me to make that connect. But that's just me, and we may have to agree to disagree.

But as of now, Wandavision really doesn't change what I suspect is gonna happen. It'd have to take more than just that.

Was it Kevin Feige who said at the Disney shareholders presentation that Wandavision, No Way Home, and Multiverse of Madness form a multiverse trilogy of sorts- or was that just something I'm materializing in my brain from somewhere else?

Was it Kevin Feige who said at the Disney shareholders presentation that Wandavision, No Way Home, and Multiverse of Madness form a multiverse trilogy of sorts- or was that just something I'm materializing in my brain from somewhere else?

I think he said that it was a story that would go through Wandavision, SMNWH and MOM.

At very least the Multiverse is going to be explored by the MCU via MOM, and I don't think that's seriously being questioned at this point anymore.

The debate seems to over to what extent and whether SM3 will touch on it at all. Half of fandom insists it won't, the other half insists it will. No one knows for sure, hence it's up for debate.

I'm highly thinking they'll give us what we want in SM3. We're just a bit too close too the truth and they do want a surprise. It's clear from WandaVision we can never know what to truly expect. Simply rough outlines for Marvel these days.

It's kinda good. But I'm positive they can reshoot and edit out whatever they need.

And I know this is gonna sound really petty, but the movie won't hit the same if Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx are prominent villains in it and Tobey and Andrew DONT appear.

Like why even try that?

If there's anything I've learned, it's that by noticing that even legitimate scoopers who had been leaking out accurate info regarding Wandavision episodes had all of their 'scoops' for the finale proven absolutely wrong. Which makes me wonder if the MCU has started to spread fake leaks online and on to these people to prevent actual important leaks from getting out.

Same thing could have happened here with all these NHW rumors, to drum up the same attention and hype they did with Evan Peters. I'm not hopeful that we won't get duped again.

I mean is it possible Tobey and/or Andrew are in it but just as random cameos and/or small roles? I feel like superhero movies/shows on occasion will do that as a way of honoring what came before. Superman Returns featured cameos of the actors that played Jimmy Olson and Lois Lane from the 50s TV show. Lou Ferrigno popping up in both Hulk movies. Christopher Reeve had a small role on Smallville, etc...

Hell up until recently it seemed a subset of fans wanted Tobey back but not as Spider-Man but rather the MCU Uncle Ben.

So at this point, even if we do get something concrete, like set pics, it's not a guarantee on who they are even playing.

I don't understand
how WandaVision proved anything. Just because one project didn't involve multiverse as speculated, doesn't mean no other will.
We know for a fact that Doctor Strange 2 will revolve around that idea, given it's called Multiverse of Madness. We know for a fact that Strange will appear in No Way Home, we know for a fact that Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx are in and will reprise roles from, not one, but two previous Spider-Man iterations. Then there are small hints like the image with all three Spider-Men that Foxx uploaded and immediately deleted from his Instagram, the three different teasing titles before the actual reveal, the guy who said Garfield was in Atlanta, the fact that many actors have straight-up lied in the past to protect from potential spoilers, hell, Collider had even reported Garfield and Dunst were coming back too.

Now, I'm not saying it's a sure thing and even if it were I wouldn't expect them to be a big part of the movie, but let's not pretend anything is set in stone. I get it. Expectations in check to protect ourselves from disappointment. I do that too. And I agree we shouldn't treat speculation as facts, as there are a few indicators it could not happen. But let's also not pretend that there isn't an even bigger case that multiverse might actually take place in the movie.

I mean is it possible Tobey and/or Andrew are in it but just as random cameos and/or small roles?
Exactly. I've said this before, but on the astounding off-chance that they're in this, Tobey will probably play a pizza delivery man and Andrew probably a computer wiz (because Social Network) in very quick cameos in the MCU timeline, with nothing Spider-Man related about them.

The original scoop by the Wire, stated that the appearences were just cameos in the final battle basically, which is one of the reasons why I think that they probably are in it.

It's easy to do cameos and doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be a press release or official confirmation ahead of time.

That's why I can't discount that they're in it. There are just too many ways they could fit them in in cameos or even after credits scenes.

If they do show up in the finale, it would certainly make sense as to why they wouldn't announce it now since it begs the question of when they show up , and begs other questions.

To what extent they could be in it is a question , but there are too many ways they could fit them in to discount the possibility that they'll appear.

I don't understand
how WandaVision proved anything. Just because one project didn't involve multiverse as speculated, doesn't mean no other will.
We know for a fact that Doctor Strange 2 will revolve around that idea, given it's called Multiverse of Madness. We know for a fact that Strange will appear in No Way Home, we know for a fact that Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx are in and will reprise roles from, not one, but two previous Spider-Man iterations. Then there are small hints like the image with all three Spider-Men that Foxx uploaded and immediately deleted from his Instagram, the three different teasing titles before the actual reveal, the guy who said Garfield was in Atlanta, the fact that many actors have straight-up lied in the past to protect from potential spoilers, hell, Collider had even reported Garfield and Dunst were coming back too.

Now, I'm not saying it's a sure thing and even if it were I wouldn't expect them to be a big part of the movie, but let's not pretend anything is set in stone. I get it. Expectations in check to protect ourselves from disappointment. I do that too. And I agree we shouldn't treat speculation as facts, as there are a few indicators it could not happen. But let's also not pretend that there isn't an even bigger case that multiverse might actually take place in the movie.
The Spider-Verse fan-art Jamie Foxx shared could have just been an unfortunate coincidence given that the other pictures he shared in that post were Electro-centric. As for him being brought back, it was revealed in the Sony leaks that Kevin Feige liked him as Electro, so he's clearly being brought back to play a different interpretation in the MCU because of that.

As for Alfred Molina, it's basically the same reasoning. Like JK Simmons, bringing him back because he's beloved in the role to play an alternate version in the MCU. It's very rational if you think about it.

In regards to Doctor Strange, he could just be featured to set-up Multiverse Of Madness at the end (or in a post-credits scene). I highly doubt he will be involved in the film's plot at all.

Collider doesn't have a 100% track record, and the fact that neither THR nor Variety corroborated their reports when they published that should be very telling.

As for the DoorDash guy on Twitter... dude honestly could have just been lying for attention. It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last time someone would do this.

And that's not even mentioning that latin-american Sony video that came out last year also fueling fire into this Spider-Verse madness. A video that in retrospect was either hoaxed and made to get views by banking on the rumors.

You have no idea how much I would love to be wrong, I want it to happen as much as the next person. But I'm not letting myself even slightly hope again after those Tom Holland comments and especially Wandavision's finale. He might very well just be telling the truth and subtly telling folks not to get their hopes up, doesn't always have to mean MCU actors lie 100% of the time.

Sorry, but at this point I have no concrete reason to believe No Way Home will be a multiverse movie or even involve the multiverse concept to a small extent. And until the movie comes out, I will continue to remain this skeptical unless proven otherwise.

As I've stated before, at this point, people are gonna believe what they're gonna believe.

I don't think there's any convincing people to change their minds otherwise until maybe we get a trailer.

Even then, that may not be enough to settle the argument.

Bottom line is, we don't know regardless of what we suspect or our instincts tell us.

That's why its debatable, and that's why neither side of the argument is a slam dunk.

I know alot of fans have gotten a custom to getting all, if not most, of the answers to questions and spoilers ahead of time , and they're not used to being patient.

In this case, we really will just have to be patient and wait until we see the film to have the answer.

The Spider-Verse fan-art Jamie Foxx shared could have just been an unfortunate coincidence given that the other pictures he shared in that post were Electro-centric. As for him being brought back, it was revealed in the Sony leaks that Kevin Feige liked him as Electro, so he's clearly being brought back to play a different interpretation in the MCU because of that.

As for Alfred Molina, it's basically the same reasoning. Like JK Simmons, bringing him back because he's beloved in the role to play an alternate version in the MCU. It's very rational if you think about it.
It's different with Simmons or
Peters.
We're not talking about a cameo that they kept secret. They're the main villains and they were announced early on. They could have picked a dozen different actors and yet they chose the same ones from two different iterations. And all in the same movie.
In regards to Doctor Strange, he could just be featured to set-up Multiverse Of Madness at the end (or in a post-credits scene). I highly doubt he will be involved in the film's plot at all.
When was the last time an actor who only played a cameo, especially at an after credit scene, was announced beforehand in the MCU? Genuine question, because I can't recall one. I can't see him not having at least a small role in this.
Collider doesn't have a 100% track record, and the fact that neither THR nor Variety corroborated their reports when they published that should be very telling.

As for the DoorDash guy on Twitter... dude honestly could have just been lying for attention. It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last time someone would do this.

And that's not even mentioning that latin-american Sony video that came out last year also fueling fire into this Spider-Verse madness. A video that in retrospect was either hoaxed and made to get views by banking on the rumors.

You have no idea how much I would love to be wrong, I want it to happen as much as the next person. But I'm not letting myself even slightly hope again after those Tom Holland comments and especially Wandavision's finale. He might very well just be telling the truth and subtly telling folks not to get their hopes up, doesn't always have to mean MCU actors lie 100% of the time.

Sorry, but at this point I have no concrete reason to believe No Way Home will be a multiverse movie or even involve the multiverse concept to a small extent. And until the movie comes out, I will continue to remain this skeptical unless proven otherwise.
I don't disagree with what you write, but here's the thing. We have more indicators than not to suggest multiverse, and while you can dismiss them one by one, all of them together make for a pretty big coincidence. And that's my point. We don't know either way. It's clear from your posts that you try to downplay everything in order to not be let down and, like I said, I get it. You prefer to be pleasantly surprised than to be massively disappointed. But there is certainly a case to be made for either scenario, and WandaVision changed nothing regarding this movie. All I'm saying is let's wait and see.

Fair enough. :up:

I just think that it's not unreasonable to temper expectations regardless of the outcome. To me, if I go into the movie with low expectations and everything I'm now skeptical about ends up being confirmed, then it's a good thing that I haven't gotten my hopes up. If I turn out to be proven wrong and this does turn out to be a Spider-Verse movie and Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield end up having satisfyingly enough screentime, like you said it would be a pleasant surprise.

Starting to wonder
if we should lock this thread given that the Wandavision finale pretty much said outright and center "we're not having any multiverse shenanigans here, so don't expect any to come in No Way Home."

I'm 100% convinced they will not be in the movie and lots of people are going to throw tantrums, just like how fans are currently doing with Ralph.
I think the big difference is Sony gets creative input on this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"