The Brave and the Bold News and Discussion Thread

I honestly think, even if the DCU is successful outta the gate, a JL film is waaaay down the road this time. I think if there's one good lesson they may have learned from the DCEU's failure, it's that one. Hence Gunn not even mentioning it in his plans. And I'd be glad for it, tbh. I have a feeling that even if I find myself fully vibing with the DCU, a Justice League film is where it will lose me. Unless they somehow manage to capture the magic of Morrison's JLA, the only DC team book I've ever loved. The solo franchises are exclusively what I'm interested in. Minor crossovers are fine. Just not into the full-on team stuff.
My fantasy is they bypass classic JLA entirely despite being a huge fan of it personally and Gunn writes/directs a JLI movie instead.

But ultimately I do disagree, I feel like obviously Chapter One is building towards something and I’d be shocked if that something wasn’t at least functionally a Justice League movie. Like, presumably it has a big crossover finale.

My fantasy is they bypass classic JLA entirely despite being a huge fan of it personally and Gunn writes/directs a JLI movie instead.

But ultimately I do disagree, I feel like obviously Chapter One is building towards something and I’d be shocked if that something wasn’t at least functionally a Justice League movie. Like, presumably it has a big crossover finale.
Yeah but Chapter One is like 10 years of projects. :funny: I exaggerate (barely), but he said that what he announced was just the "first part" of Chapter One, so assuming it's culminating in a JL flick (which I agree it is), that still puts that a looong way off. If they get there at all. I think he wouldn't dare try to do a JL anything without Diana, and he's using Paradise Lost to space between Gadot's Diana and a new one, so we're talking at least 6 years away I think.

Yeah but Chapter One is like 10 years of projects. :funny: I exaggerate (barely), but he said that what he announced was just the "first part" of Chapter One, so assuming it's culminating in a JL flick (which I agree it is), that still puts that a looong way off. If they get there at all. I think he wouldn't dare try to do a JL anything without Diana, and he's using Paradise Lost to space between Gadot's Diana and a new one, so we're talking at least 6 years away I think.
Fair enough, I’d honestly forgotten how comically over ambitious the plan was! Jesus Christ the idea of the DC characters locked into one solid continuity for decades is a ****ing nightmare scenario.

Fair enough, I’d honestly forgotten how comically over ambitious the plan was! Jesus Christ the idea of the DC characters locked into one solid continuity for decades is a ****ing nightmare scenario.
A part of me thinks he announced all those just to have reason avoid the JL conversation with anyone for a while. Like, "look at all these other projects I've got to worry about right now!" :hehe:

I said it on another thread but I wouldn't be surprised if he's already doing the JLI... in Superman lmao. I think there's actually a very good chance that Clark and his "metahuman compatriots" ARE the JLI. I mean, they have to be some sort of team, no?

I said it on another thread but I wouldn't be surprised if he's already doing the JLI... in Superman lmao. I think there's actually a very good chance that Clark and his "metahuman compatriots" ARE the JLI. I mean, they have to be some sort of team, no?
I think the tone will be incredibly similar which rules very hard but I feel like they’d save the JL title for later.

Yeah, I think they will essentially be the JLI, but they will be called something else. Justice Society, The Terrifics, something without "League" in it lol.

Idk. With Gunn's whole pitch for his universe being that heroes exist and have existed for a long time I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to hit the ground running with the JLI already being a thing at the beginning of his universe.

As per Zaslav, Gunn will be making some major DCU announcements in the coming months. Hopefully, we get some kind of update on Brave and the other projects that are currently in development as well. Getting our first glimpse of the new Superman suit here wouldn't be shocking either, IMO.

As per Zaslav, Gunn will be making some major DCU announcements in the coming months. Hopefully, we get some kind of update on Brave and the other projects that are currently in development as well. Getting our first glimpse of the new Superman suit here wouldn't be shocking either, IMO.
Not exactly a Brave and the Bold update per se but interestingly so he just reposted this:

Makes me hopeful we'll see a more multi layered portrayal of Talia rather than the racist evil caricature that's been popular for the last 20 years.

A director they can get would definitely be Aronofsky, Del Toro or Alfonso Cuaron

Muschietti's so screwed LMAO

“[Everyone] went on strike and came back to a different industry,” says a studio head, speaking anonymously. “Everything lost momentum, everything is being scrutinized and everyone has a new boss.”

Warner Bros. Discovery’s top brass has been in place for fewer than two years, and in some areas of the studio, it’s even less time than that. Then there is the industry-wide pressure to deliver windfalls that move the needle at the box office and fuel ancillary revenue streams that will appease shareholders (think: Warners’ Barbie). Film slates — now a massive line item — sit within the larger narrative of publicly traded companies.

Insiders say that nonwriting directors are having a particularly difficult time. Because of the limited number of studio films, open directing assignments that would normally be within the grasp of younger filmmakers are going to higher-level talent. Elsewhere, up-and-coming directors, those who have a festival movie or two under their belts and are looking for the next step up, are getting boxed out. Long gone are the days of Colin Trevorrow making the jump from Sundance darling (Safety Not Guaranteed) to Jurassic World.

Now, new talent must deliver multiple successful projects in a row, sans slip-ups, before being afforded the grace (albeit only so much) to fail at the studio level. Says a top manager with a stable of studio directors of the gauntlet for filmmakers, “You basically get one shot [at proving yourself], three times in a row.”

For their part, executives offer that there is a dwindling number of working directors, even those with a bomb or two, that can be trusted with bigger budgets to deliver on time, on budget and on brand.

For their part, executives offer that there is a dwindling number of working directors, even those with a bomb or two, that can be trusted with bigger budgets to deliver on time, on budget and on brand.

LOL Get Nolan to teach a course on budget management.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"