The Catwoman/Selina Kyle Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keri Russell. Perfect.

keri-russell-2014-today-160321_dfc1869871dcd3d6b4758a76fb3bb839.today-inline-large.jpg

Telltale's "Batman" just reminded me how much I want to see Catwoman in DCEU.

By the way, fingerless gloves (well, partially) aside, they nailed the costume. I love the practical, utilitarian look it has:

catwoman-telltale.png

Looks perfect for a thief, I would barely change anything for live action costume.

Keri Russell now that I think about it she is actually a unique choice for the role opposite Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne/Batman and I think that they would exude chemistry

Keri Russell now that I think about it she is actually a unique choice for the role opposite Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne/Batman and I think that they would exude chemistry

Yeah, right?!

When I watch her in The Americans, I see Selina Kyle there.

Well apparently our boy Ben is a big fan of the Americans. I haven't watched it yet, but is she any good?

Fits the age, worked with Affleck and absolutely rocks the short hair:

a0xbv8.jpg

2le1oqo.jpg

To quote Chaucer - "I'd buy that for a dollar".

Is that Rebecca Hall?

To quote Inspector Gadget - "Wowzers!" :D

Yup, it is her. I'm loving her more recent look, with shorter hair.

Now that I think about it, I'd still be up for Kate Beckinsale being in the role. Years ago before Hathaway was cast in TDKR she said she'd love to do it.

Keri Russell. Perfect.

keri-russell-2014-today-160321_dfc1869871dcd3d6b4758a76fb3bb839.today-inline-large.jpg

Yes!!

Hadn't thought of her but she's perfect. I used to want Hilary Swank just as a left field choice but I have abandoned that one.

Not a fan of the Keri Russell choice at all. I haven't watched The Americans but I just can't see her being seductive and sultry enough to play Selina Kyle. I feel like all the issues people had with Anne Hathaway would be even more obvious with Russell.

After hearing Anne Hathaway saying she wants to do a Catwoman spinoff, I wouldn't mind seeing her work with Ben Affleck. I personally think she'd have better chemistry with him than she did with Bale in TDKR.

I loved Hathaway as Catwoman. I'd be up for her return.

I think if Affleck ever approached Hathaway to play a character other than Selina Kyle in his Batman movie, she would do it in a heartbeat. I would love to see her slip on that tight vinyl outfit again, but she has a sense of loyalty to Nolan for that specific character.

But if Affleck wrote Selina into the DCCU with Hathaway in mind, I could see her doing it if it was significantly different from Nolan's version.

Catwoman deserves so much better than Hathaway.

Catwoman deserves so much better than Hathaway.

I don't understand the hate some people have for Hathaway. If people didn't like her as Selina, fine, but she's a solid actress overall.

I don't understand the hate some people have for Hathaway. If people didn't like her as Selina, fine, but she's a solid actress overall.

The whole TDKR film just underwhelmed people, I wasn't a fan of her being cast as Catwoman, but she wasn't too bad.

In this role, I'd like to see Ben cast someone a bit older as Selina, and someone he's worked with before and had immediate chemistry with, like Charlize Theron, or Carla Gugino .

Last edited:

I don't hate her- I think she is a reasonable actress, but was badly miscast as Selina Kyle.

Well then, she'd fit right in with the actor currently miscast as Batman. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"