The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

If he's 25 in the script they'll likely be looking at actors between 25 -30 .

I actually tend to think the actor who's cast as Superman won't actually end up being 25, and he'll likely be 27-29.

Either way , 25-30 is about the age range that several actors who've played the part have fallen into when cast anyway, so 25 is not that radically young in terms of a Superman casting .

Reeve was 25.
Routh was 25.

I don't think they will commit to a hard age for the character, just say he's a young Superman in his first or second year into his run. I don't think we are getting an actor any older then mid 30s though.

Yeah. They still cast 29-year-olds to play teenagers in movies. It’s totally possible that the new Superman actor could be in his late 20s/early 30s.

Bruce is 30 in The Batman and Pattinson was... 34 or something like that? I doubt the actor will be bang-on 25.

Im fairly sure I read he was 27 which might have been another nod to Cobain.

If he's 25 in the script they'll likely be looking at actors between 25 -30 .

I actually tend to think the actor who's cast as Superman won't actually end up being 25, and he'll likely be 27-29.

Either way , 25-30 is about the age range that several actors who've played the part have fallen into when cast anyway, so 25 is not that radically young in terms of a Superman casting .

Reeve was 25.
Routh was 25.

Right, I get all of that. My point is more that Gunn is seemingly understating the age difference between Bruce and Clark in the DCU a bit too much. If Clark is 25 and Bruce is about to recruit Damien as his new Robin, there’s most likely a ten to fifteen year age gap between Bruce and Clark.

Also means that we probably won’t get to see Super Sons anytime soon in the DCU.

Last edited:
Maybe my dream will come true and he looks 25 but he is actually 60!

If Gunn is saying a few years older then either Superman isnt as young as we think of Batman isnt as old.

But honestly, Batman and Superman aren't gonna sit there and talk about how old they are anyway. Pattinson is playing a 30 year old Bruce but he just as easily could play his actual 36 year old self.

Any two actors between 27 and 37 are gonna appear close enough in age that it shouldn't be distracting. Batman having more wrinkles is just due to a mix of his humanity and stress.

As long as Superman looks believably older than a potential Nightwing/ Batgirl then it'll be fine.

Right, I get all of that. My point is more that Gunn is seemingly understating the age difference between Bruce and Clark in the DCU a bit too much. If Clark is 25 and Bruce is about to recruit Damien as his new Robin, there’s most likely a ten to fifteen year age gap between Bruce and Clark.

Also means that we probably won’t get to see Super Sons anytime soon in the DCU.

Well you and I differ then, since ,I don't mind that that's the age gap in Gunn's iteration.

At the end of the day , If Gunn wants to tell two great stories of a Twenty Something Superman and a veteran Batman, I don't mind.

I get that other fans may mind , but really I don't .

I prefer a Batman who's got his Bat family in tact than have yet another ,youngish Batman ,going through his Year One, Long Halloween Phase of his career to match up closer with a younger Superman.

What matters to me more is the journeys he wants to take these two individuals characters on , and if those stories entail their being a ten to 15 year age gap between the two characters , I'm fine with it.

Now regardless if the gap is 5 years or 15, the stories have to be good, of course.

If he's got a crackin; story with a much younger Superman ,and a older Batman I'm fine with it.

The fact that the two characters are at two different points in their lives is fine with me, so I don't have an issue at all with the gap between them being 10 years or so.

Well you and I differ then, since ,I don't mind that that's the age gap in Gunn's iteration.

At the end of the day , If Gunn wants to tell two great stories of a Twenty Something Superman and a veteran Batman, I don't mind.

I get that other fans may mind , but really I don't .

I prefer a Batman who's got his Bat family in tact than have yet another ,youngish Batman ,going through his Year One, Long Halloween Phase of his career to match up closer with a younger Superman.

What matters to me more is the journeys he wants to take these two individuals characters on , and if those stories entail their being a ten to 15 year age gap between the two characters , I'm fine with it.

Now regardless if the gap is 5 years or 15, the stories have to be good, of course.

If he's got a crackin; story with a much younger Superman ,and a older Batman I'm fine with it.

The fact that the two characters are at two different points in their lives is fine with me, so I don't have an issue at all with the gap between them being 10 years or so.

Once again, my point wasn’t meant to be taken as a criticism or complaint. More an acknowledgement of the situation and finding it amusing that Gunn would seemingly describe an age difference of a decade plus between Clark and Bruce as “a couple years older.”

If the story is good and the films all deliver, that’s what matters here.

I wouldn't want a 50-year-old Batman with a 25-year-old Clark, but a 35-40-year-old? Sure, I don't think that's too substantial a difference.
I also feel like the age difference will be mitigated somewhat if this Superman is 25 in the same way that Pattinson’s Batman is supposed to be 30.

Clark may be 25, but his actor could easily be 28-29.

Crazy to think that this Superman in 1 film will probably have been Superman longer than Cavill in Canon

Im 35 and get told I look mid 20s all the time. I know mid 20s people that look 40. Batman is wealthy and healthy apart from the stress of being Batman but I don't think their age difference is going to make a big difference with how they interact or behave.

Supes is a mature guy generally even if he is still a loveable good guy goof (not C.R kinda goof)

Yeah I think Kal needs more of a face you can trust.

actually my perfect pitch for this would be Minari but with superheroes. That’s sort of the general vibe I think could work really well

Yeah I think Kal needs more of a face you can trust.

actually my perfect pitch for this would be Minari but with superheroes. That’s sort of the general vibe I think could work really well
Thanks for reminding me to watch that film.

I wouldn't want a 50-year-old Batman with a 25-year-old Clark, but a 35-40-year-old? Sure, I don't think that's too substantial a difference.

Yeah, I’m fine with that. Just no more of this “Batman is 20 years older than Superman and therefore better in every way so let’s center the entire universe on him” crap.

To avoid the origin retelling, I hope the film opens in a partial comic panel/live action format.
Have the first page show Krypton,
The 2nd jor-el arguing with the council
The 3rd shows Krypton exploding with kal's rocket seen escaping.

Then show the kent farm, metropolis, Lex, superman battling various villains, ie, parasite, Metallo etc.

The pages finally slow, it settles in and goes full live action.

Kind of the spider-man 2 thing going on with that idea. But tbh I don't think the audience needs to be reminded of his origin. Especially since it could be something we see in part in the supergirl movie from her perspective.

I love the tone of all star, so if it's taking inspiration from it, that's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"