• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Will you be stalking Atlanta too? :rofl:
Sadly not, TDK just happened to be filming when I was on my 3 month long cross-country road trip with friends when we graduated college. So we just decided to spend some extra time in Chicago while they were filming, because we could. I’ll probably never have free time like that ever again, at least until I retire lol.

And now I live in Montana, so a spontaneous Atlanta trip for me is probably out. If I still lived in Alabama though, they’d wanna watch out. :sly:

It was the common fan theory. Egged on by Goyer, bizarrely, publicly stating his planned outline for the trilogy in which that would happen in film three after BB came out.
Yeah I remember reading this interview not long after Begins came out. In retrospect, it's kind of weird for them to reveal story details like that so far out before the movies came out, even if the plans changed. Can’t see creators saying stuff like that nowadays.

I understand people's excitement, as I am basically entering stalker phase. I come here and other sites every stinking day just to see if there are photos of Mr Corenswet, walking, on the phone, eating, talking, laughing, sleeping, et al. I have easy access to fly to Atlanta, but I am afraid if I would go I would not only maybe be arrested for stalking, I would at least be given a restraining order.

I WANT NEWS, PHOTOS, AND ANYTHING ELSE TO KEEP ME OCCUPIED. Rant over. But seriously, please anything, even telephoto from a mile away.

There were so many set photos from when Man of Steel filmed on location in Plano and Chicago. There were even photos of them building the Kent Farm and decorating Smallville Main Street a month before they started filming. Then when they began filming that August there were daily set photos all the way to mid-September where you could have fun speculating what they were shooting. I don't recall as much of that with filming of BvS and Justice League.

Plus, we got the Cavill photoshoot in Entertainment Weekly and him promoting Immortals during Wondercon and Comic Con before filming Man of Steel.

Yeah the last time and only time so far I've followed a production from beginning to end was The Batman and that was amazing.

Can't wait for all the Superman threads to get those constant bumps, once the filming starts, updates come from all over, Set Photos, late cast additions, costume reveals, pieces of the story start getting revealed through different outlets.

I am basically kinda expecting the “Nolan way,” where we’d have our officially-announced villain (Lex in this case) followed by a a 3rd act “secret villain” reveal (Liam/Ra’s in BB, Two-Face in TDK, Talia in TDKR). In all those instances, the actor was indeed announced, but in 2 of them, the character they were said to be playing was a fake-out, and in the other, any hint of Harvey actually becoming Two-Face in that flick was kept under wraps.

So going off those examples, as we know we still have several casting announcements we’re waiting on, anyone who’s not said to be Perry White, Cat Grant, the Kents, the Els or Steve Lombard is going on my Brainiac Suspects List! And Steve Lombard will probably go on it anyway too. :hehe:

I would honestly love it if Lombard turns out to be Brainiac. :D

Cold open villain: Toy-man (just because I wanna se him).
Officially announced Villain: Lex my dear.
3rd villain: Metallo.

I hope they give Brainiac more than one act of development and screen time. I'd save him for a whole movie.

Yeah, Metallo definitely feels more like a “first movie” villain than Brainiac and can easily be worked into any story involving Lex. That said, I really, really want to see Brainiac so I won’t complain if he shows up. But if he does, I hope he’s not a one-off.

Brainiac is definitely a villain who could last more than one film or even be an overarching phase-ending villain like Loki. If he was in a Superman film, though, I think there'd be a good argument to have both Superman and Supergirl featured.

They could pull inspiration from Morrision's Action Comics run, where Metallo is created by Lex but then ends up getting hacked by Brainiac. That way if you could still "feature" Brainiac but Superman never really gets to fully confront him. That way you can still save him for future movies if you wanted.

Yeah I mean Brainiac definitely works as a surprise third act, but in general I think those are kinda lame, unless significant signs are shown of him pre-reveal, like the ship, the robots, etc, I'd rather he not just be a random alien invasion

Id have it so that Brainiac's ship lands in Metroplis ala Day earth stood still. Military gets involved but it ends in disaster as brainiac drones and whatever else counterattack. In ensuing battle one fo the soldiers can get infected and became basis for Metallo. Authority(or proto stromwatch whatever) will take reins after military messes up. Other heroes join in. LEx gets brought in as consultant, maybe gets involved with Metallo. Finale involved the Brainiac- an aritificial Intelligence android which in credits can be revealed to be a probe of the actual Coluan Brainiac who takes an interest in the last Kryptonian(s).

Brainiac's invasion is much more interesting to me if one day Metropolis just vanishes (shrunken), Supes and friends trapped inside.

I don't want a generic alien invasion with the military and all that.
Yeah I want these movies to get freaky!

Gunn managed to make a group of talking animals work and feel for, so I reckon he is capable of tackling some of the more strange parts of the Superman world.

I could see the physical form of Brainiac not making an appearance till the end, but we see his A.I. infecting all computers, phones, electronics etc etc on the planet for the majority of the film.
That's IF they even use Brainiac in the first film.
I'm having my doubts he is in it ( or has a big role) as we have heard nothing about him so far.

I'm a tiny city fan.

I imagine Brainiac upkeeping his cities like a garden person upkeeping very fancy terrariums, or a kid taking care of his sea monkeys.

i imagine it's tricky dating like that. Guys with dogs have it easy in Tinder. Guys with cats not so much. Even less guys with lizards and exotic animals. A fella that is very into mini city husbandry can give women the ick.

I’ll bid fifty bucks for the whole set if the auctioneer promises to end it all right then and there and take the bid.

Welp, DCULeaks just announced their verified source has decided to step away from scooping, so there goes the one reliable source we had for DC stuff lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"