The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

My instinct is that he's saving the suit reveal for Superman's 86th anniversary on April 18th.

They basically gave Thor a collar in Ragnarok because of Hemsworth’s long neck and the fact that he was more lean/ripped in that one than he was in the previous ones (or the one that came after for that matter), so I’m certainly not ruling out the possibility they’ll do that for David as well, I’d just prefer they didn’t because of what a collar represents to me - rank, formality, elitism. Concepts that just don’t suit Superman imo. But I wouldn’t be too mad about it as long as it looked good.
I kinda think the inclusion of the trunks would nullify that "elitism and formality" aspect enough. Not to mention, Gunn DID say that his idea is that his kryptonian family was aristocratic, so maybe it could play into that as well.

Seriously though, I was expecting we'd have seen more by now!

Here's an MOS timeline for comparison:

Principal photography begins: August 1st 2011

First official image of the suit: August 4th 2011

First set photos of the suit: August 23rd.

Right now, we know principal photography started Feb 29th and we're about to hit April with nothing but the 'S' ☹️
I am convinced Gunn knows exactly the first day they'll be shooting out in the open with the suit, exactly the day it would be leaked in set photos, and is waiting until literally THE day before that to release it. Because he's mean. :funny:

I kinda think the inclusion of the trunks would nullify that "elitism and formality" aspect enough. Not to mention, Gunn DID say that his idea is that his kryptonian family was aristocratic, so maybe it could play into that as well.
I'm trying to remember if there's ever been a version of the suit with the collar AND trunks? Would be curious to see how that looked.

I'm trying to remember if there's ever been a version of the suit with the collar AND trunks? Would be curious to see how that looked.
fortnite-battle-pass-superman-1920x1080-fa44a01fe96b.jpg

I am convinced Gunn knows exactly the first day they'll be shooting out in the open with the suit, exactly the day it would be leaked in set photos, and is waiting until literally THE day before that to release it. Because he's mean. :funny:
From what I have read this could be in June, it seems exaggerated to me

It's gonna be on the 18th.

He went out of his way to start Superman's pre-production on his anniversary last year. He'll want to drop something big again, this is the most obvious.

From what I have read this could be in June, it seems exaggerated to me
April does seem far more likely. I think people said June just because June/July is when they're in Ohio. And they don't have any soundstages to hide in at that point lol. But that doesn't mean they won't film outside elsewhere before that, as we've seen from the Engineer pics.

April does seem far more likely. I think people said June just because June/July is when they're in Ohio. And they don't have any soundstages to hide in at that point lol. But that doesn't mean they won't film outside elsewhere before that, as we've seen from the Engineer pics.
Hopefully! I want to join the idea of showing the suit for Superman Day (April 18), but I don't want to get my hopes up...

I thought they were going to announce a Stunt category at the end of that montage a few weeks back. Instead it was just like “sorry, we’re not going to reward your work, but here’s a video for you.”
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that felt like more of a slap in the face than anything. :funny:

Actors and their crews are like Doctors, nurses, medics, EMTs, etc.
The actors and doctors are obviously the stars, but neither could do their jobs without the supporting cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"