The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

frank-reynolds-nope-always-sunny-nope.gif
The S isn't curved...

I am all in on #eyebrowgate! Let's goooo!

In this pic of David from last week, the brows were normal, clearly dark and noticeable even when hidden under a cap:
View attachment 87878

Boy look at those krypton jaw muscles!!!
I could use those to open that stubborn pistachio that's tightly shut and won't budge when i try to bite it open.

DavidCorenswetApril2024.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it looks like a lot of folks were wrong with today's so called scoop. If the suit gets leaked online by an amateur photographer, James Gunn only has himself to blame for holding out this long.

I'm strangely patient on it.
I was on pins and needles for both the SR and MoS suit reveals.
But this time? Not really, no.

I'm getting a bigger kick out of other posters reactions/impatience at it all, because that was me at one time.

After..what? 20 yrs at least of following films I have learnt to just go withe flow. Usually I wake up and the cool new thing is released and I have to go back a hundred pages to see the initial discussion. Whatever maaan.

After..what? 20 yrs at least of following films I have learnt to just go withe flow. Usually I wake up and the cool new thing is released and I have to go back a hundred pages to see the initial discussion. Whatever maaan.
Yeah, that's me. I may love or hate the suit, but it's not gonna affect the films success one way or the other.
I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get some known actors tho, but it is what it is.

20 years for me also. Our post count is identical lol.

I'm strangely patient on it.
I was on pins and needles for both the SR and MoS suit reveals.
But this time? Not really, no.

I'm getting a bigger kick out of other posters reactions/impatience at it all, because that was me at one time.

Because we're old enough to remember when those reveals dropped.

Absolutely random... no buildup... just dropped them and walked away. Rightfully so.

Also didn't have this insane presence of grifters whose entire existence depended on riling up people into following them, strictly for money.

Because we're old enough to remember when those reveals dropped.

Absolutely random... no buildup... just dropped them and walked away. Rightfully so.

Also didn't have this insane presence of grifters whose entire existence depended on riling up people into following them, strictly for money.
Absolutely. I also think it's because we literally get several CB films a year now.
It use to be you got one maybe every 3 years or so.
It was an event, almost magical.
Now they hand em out like Halloween candy.
You get one, and you, so do you.

CB films now are like the western films from the 50s and 60s. Quite literally every film studio and TV studio were making western films and series.
People got burned out.

Last edited:
It's disappointing, but no sense dwelling on it. Worst case scenario we should see it by end of May before they start filming in Ohio. Not much longer in the grand scheme.

My favourite part of this process is the obligatory one or two users putting the director on a pedestal the size of Mount Olympus and spitting on the desires of any fan who, god forbid, has the nerve to feel a smidgen of disappointment at not getting something to chew the fat over.

It's never obnoxious at all! :oldrazz:

I will say I have way more faith in Gunn than I did Snyder, so there's that.
I've yet to see a Gunn film I didn't like.

So anyway, do ya’ll think Jor-El and Lara are in the movie?

Well, it looks like a lot of folks were wrong with today's so called scoop. If the suit gets leaked online by an amateur photographer, James Gunn only has himself to blame for holding out this long.
Fr
I will say I have way more faith in Gunn than I did Snyder, so there's that.
I've yet to see a Gunn film I didn't like.
me 2

It sucks that we didn't get a picture of the suit. Crazy to think we got MOS suit almost 2 full years ahead of that movie's release date.

To blame? Why should he release a suit picture any time before he feels necessary? And since when do we not hope for blurry pictures from set that used to be the fun part of all this. I mean blurry picks are the appetizer...they make us crave more. Then when half the internet is complaining that Gunn has no idea how to market or what he is doing (just like every other director who makes these movies according to us) you make a huge reveal and break the internet. Then half the people rip the suit to shreds, a few people tell us David is probably too small/too big/too tall/ too short/ has the wrong color eyebrows...etc. Then we go back to waiting and do it all again a month later over the villains! :o :legacy:

EwQ.gif

MOS filmed on location right at the beginning of filming. Henry was in the cornfield with Amy on the first day. There were all those battle scenes being filmed in Plano at the end of August and so we got the first photo before all of that. MOS was also originally scheduled to come out December 2012 and moved for the Hobbit so there was an exceptionally long time between the start of filming and the actual release.

SR revealed the suit in USA Today about a month into filming April 2005 despite not having Brandon in costume on location till the end of summer.

Excluding Norway, the earliest known location shoot is in Macon, GA on May 28 but we don't know if it involves Superman.

I'm enjoying the wait this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"