The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

No, no, no. He should level the city then make out in the rubble.
This line did age well, though:

178c16d5-a1f2-439a-8178-7081176d6403_text.gif

It was a completely fair assumption to make, moreso than your Cinemacon one was. No one was taking it for a fact or as a scoop, just a guess especially since Gunn said last week he was almost ready to reveal the suit.
To me, unless they are filming outside and it's going to leak, what would be the purpose of showing the suit this early.

They can drop a pic of it when they have to announce that muschietti is no longer attached to batman......

To me, unless they are filming outside and it's going to leak, what would be the purpose of showing the suit this early.
He already said he's almost ready to show the suit. It wasn't far fetched to think he might have wanted to do it the day of Superman's anniversary, especially since he started pre production this day last year. It wasn't like this crazy conspiracy theory lol It was a fair guess that turned out to be wrong, but that's part of the fun of these things anyway.
They can drop a pic of it when they have to announce that muschietti is no longer attached to batman......
What does one thing have to do with the other? It's pretty obvious the dude isn't gonna direct Batman, so I'm clueless as to what you're implying there.

He already said he's almost ready to show the suit.
If you're talking about the post on Threads where he said, "I'm almost ready to show it to you (even though we're only 18% through it)," I interpreted that as him talking about the film in general, not the suit. The fan he was responding to said "Good to know (in response to Gunn's statement about the villains) honestly I’m just ready to see Superman." Could've meant the suit, could've meant the movie, but Gunn's response was as if the fan was talking about the movie, I feel. Just a way of saying he was as eager for us to see the movie as we are, imo. I can see why folks interpreted it the way they did, but I think they were just reading what they wanted to read. Basic English - You don't use "it" as the pronoun twice in a sentence if you're referring to two different "it"s. The 2nd "it" was DEFINITELY referring to the movie, so therefore, the first one probably was too.

If you're talking about the post on Threads where he said, "I'm almost ready to show it to you (even though we're only 18% through it)," I interpreted that as him talking about the film in general, not the suit. The fan he was responding to said he couldn't wait to see Superman. It was just a way of saying he was as eager for us to see the movie as we are, imo. I can see why folks interpreted it the way they did, but I think they were just reading what they wanted to read.
Come now girl! You would have been happy to see David in an 18% suit.

1713587027264.gif

What does one thing have to do with the other? It's pretty obvious the dude isn't gonna direct Batman, so I'm clueless as to what you're implying there.

I assume they mean as a way to soften the blow of losing a director.

The opening of MoS is the high water mark of Snyder's career. It feels like the end of a completely different movie, the acting is in top hammy form, the faux Paul Greengrass style works as a fun contrast to the Edgar Rice Burroughs Planetary Romance imagery, the music. Great stuff.

The opening of MoS is the high water mark of Snyder's career. It feels like the end of a completely different movie, the acting is in top hammy form, the faux Paul Greengrass style works as a fun contrast to the Edgar Rice Burroughs Planetary Romance imagery, the music. Great stuff.
Tbf it's not much wonder Michael Shannon basically complained he couldn't do his usual hamming it tf up in every movie he did post MoS. Bro must've been having the time of his life on that set

Tbf it's not much wonder Michael Shannon basically complained he couldn't do his usual hamming it tf up in every movie he did post MoS. Bro must've been having the time of his life on that set
I have zero doubts Superman will be a better movie than MoS but I don't think any of it will be as fun as Michael Shannon shrieking awful David S. Goyer dialogue like a ****ing kung fu space banshee :funny:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"