The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

This is perfect...and also the reason I always hated when people talked about "who would win" because Superman would never truly fight Batman.

The Batman and Superman friendship is something that should never been screwed with. Waid got that, and that is why his run on the Superman/Batman comic is one of my favorites. They antagonize the heck out of each other, but they also are as close as brothers. Its why TDKR is an Elseworlds Tale...its jarring to see a Bruce so broken and distraught and hating Superman. Its also why I friggin hate that comic and hold to the idea it became the reason people started to hate Superman and love Batman. I mean listen to the discourse, it is almost as if it came from the diseased brain of Frank Miller.
Dude, I give you a solid bro hug on this post.
IMG_4084.gif
I’ve never been a fan of TDKR and Bruce’s relationships with Clark and Dick are the two major reasons why. Realistically, I don’t understand how people consider it the definitive Batman story when he has alienated his son and his closest friend. The only thing worse is TDKSA and All Star Batman and Robin.

Say what you will about Hush, but despite its flaws, for my money, it’s probably the best Batman vs Superman fight. It’s not born out of animosity, and it’s undergirded by Bruce’s respect for Clark.

Saw this on Reddit. Seems like they'll be attempting to get production wrapped before any potential strikes in August:

Posting gifs of Batman & Robin even though this is a Superman thread until we get an official look at David as Superman (day 8)

tumblr_nn4mm2FDyY1rrkahjo1_540.gifv

tumblr_nn4mm2FDyY1rrkahjo2_540.gifv

tumblr_nn4mm2FDyY1rrkahjo3_540.gifv

Full quote:
Before I let you go, I was hoping to talk a little bit about the Superman movie. How's filming going for you and is there anything you can tease about Hawkgirl, have you tried on your suit?
Isabela Merced: Oh, well, I have to say your house reminds me of Nathan Fillion's house, he has a Superman doormat and he has a doorbell actually plays the theme of Superman entering his Fortress of Solitude. It plays the theme when you walk into the house and I'm really excited to work with him. He's a great Green Lantern casting choice and Edi Gathegi is amazing, as well as Mr. Terrific. We're going actually this Sunday, I think to film the first stuff, yeah. [Editor's Note: this interview was conducted on Friday, April 5, two days before the Sunday that Merced was referencing]
In the suit, I am hoping?
Isabela Merced: Yeah, yeah, of course!

Posting a rugby player every day until the suit reveal Day 37:

images

Hey look. It’s that one comic that Zack Snyder decided to base both Batman and Superman on. Even though he didn’t read it.
Not everything needs to fall back on Snyder, bald man. TDKR has some of my favorite Superman moments.

Not everything needs to fall back on Snyder, bald man. TDKR has some of my favorite Superman moments.
So, you’re saying you hate Superman? lol. ;)

And who you calling bald? I’ll have you know that I have luscious locks.

So, you’re saying you hate Superman? lol. ;)

And who you calling bald? I’ll have you know that I have luscious locks.
He is not a Superman fan...he prefers Drunk Martha hitting on Lois from the fake Snyder script ;)

Superhero Hype Challenge: Don't mention Snyder/Henry Cavill for one page.

Hypers: Impossible.

:D

Maybe once the first reveal of the suit releases... lol.

Superhero Hype Challenge: Don't mention Snyder/Henry Cavill for one page.

Hypers: Impossible.

:D

Maybe once the first reveal of the suit releases... lol.

It's probably happening sooner than later because both Rebel Moon movies flopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"