Legends of Tomorrow The Falk Hentschel/Hawkman Thread

Winged Wonder

Civilian
Reaction score
From Comic Book Resources:
"Transcendence" star Falk Hentschel has joined The CW's DC TV Universe as Hawkman. The character is slated to debut on the "Arrow" and "The Flash" crossover episodes before heading to the spinoff "DC's Legends of Tomorrow." According to the character's official description, "Falk will play Carter Hall, the latest reincarnation of an Egyptian Prince who is fated to reincarnate throughout time along with his soulmate, Kendra Saunders (Ciara Renée). Like Kendra, Carter can access the powers of the Hawk God, Horus, transforming him into the winged warrior known as 'Hawkman.'"
Guy's had a pretty good run as an actor so far, so he must have some chops. I think he's got the right look for the character, too; he's not too burly and he's not too pretty.

What I'm most curious about is how big his part will be: Will he be a mainstay, or just a plus-one to Hawkgirl? I'm hoping they'll be a tandem throughout the course of the series, but only time will tell, I suppose.

Either way, the character description has me intrigued, and I can't wait to see Hentschel suited up for the role. I hope the showrunners can pull it off.

This should be nifty. I enjoyed Hentschel's appearance as Blacklash on Agents of SHIELD this past season. I can't wait to see what he brings to the role of Hawkman.

I've been hoping we would see Hawkman at some point in the CW DC universe, so this is great news to me.

I don't know anything about the guy and I'm not sure if I've seen him anything but welcome.

Finally Hawkman to go with Hawkgirl.

I don't believe I've seen his work. I'll have to check out more Agents of SHIELD. He certainly looks the part. Very much in the Dennis Neville and Phillip Tan-type image.

Hoping to see him and Hawkgirl as regulars. Would make for an interesting dynamic.

Welp' It's official, with this casting, we now have a live action Hawkman that we get to see on a regular basis. I'm stoked.

At long last, we´ll get to see a live action Hawkman on tv, I´m absolutely looking forward to this!!!!

Not a fan of the actor choice. But what could we expect? This is television, not film.

I really like Hawkman as a kid when I watched the old Justice League cartoon in the 80s

Am I alone in thinking the "cheesy" Smallville Hawkman costume looked better?

Am I alone in thinking the "cheesy" Smallville Hawkman costume looked better?

I'd rather hold my judgment until I see it in action. It looks OK to me so far. The Smallville costume was OK, some times it looked better than it did at others. The chest piece sometimes made him look fat, and at times the wings looked a little raggedy. I still liked it, though.

Why are all these costumes leather?

He's also an *incredible* *****e. Which wouldn't necessarily be a problem. . . except I'm not sure the writers *realize* they are making him a thoroughly unlikable *****e.

I guess I am in the minority and liked him. May have to do with the fact I have been a Hawkman fan since the early 80's. I felt he was better in episode 2...until the end.

Hawkman I love, but the actor was not good at all and they only used the character to build up Hawkgirl, who is also portrayed by a not very good actor. I know it's the CW, but you'd think they would at least try.

The actor isn't going anywhere, at least for now, even though the specific character of Carter Hall has gone the way of the dodo.

Hey, I'm pleased, at least. I certainly wasn't expecting him to be killed. Which, amusingly, means he just got reverse fridged, since it seems he was introduced solely to be an obnoxious *male* cliche who gets killed to motivate the female character.

Hopefully, his next appearance will be either 1) long in coming; 2) an incarnation whose not a *****e.

I made a custom trading card for the cast of the show to sign for my son. The day after Hawkman was killed. He got the card back from Falk signed. Felt bad. :)

showscan.php

I really hope they recast/ redesign Hawkman if they bring him back. Wasn't a fan of the look or depiction of the character.

Hey, I'm pleased, at least. I certainly wasn't expecting him to be killed. Which, amusingly, means he just got reverse fridged, since it seems he was introduced solely to be an obnoxious *male* cliche who gets killed to motivate the female character.

Hopefully, his next appearance will be either 1) long in coming; 2) an incarnation whose not a *****e.

So being confident in ones self is being a *****e now? No wonder masculinity is a joke on TV now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"