Daredevil The Inevitable Costume Thread - Part 2

Sure, a lot of stupid things happens in comics, but that doesn't mean that it works in this show. I totally understand that Cox is too recognizable with the nose showing, and that it becomes more noticeable when they switch to a stunt double. It is, for example, easier to recognize Affleck in his Daredevil suit than in his batsuit.

Perhaps, but the show is so dark (literally) and the fight scenes are so fast that I really don't think anyone would have been able to see when they swapped out Charlie for the stuntman.

Perhaps, but the show is so dark (literally) and the fight scenes are so fast that I really don't think anyone would have been able to see when they swapped out Charlie for the stuntman.

That's probably true about the fight scenes, but I can understand that it would be easy to see that it's Cox behind the mask in other scenes. Just compare how much easier it is to tell that it's Affleck behind the mask, than it is for Cox.
daredevil-elektra.jpg
daredevil16f-2-web.jpg
Of course, that might not be a fair comparison, considering Affleck's distinctive chin. :cwink:

Last edited:
The mask was probably one of my biggest nitpicks about the S1 costume and I'm very happy with what I saw in the trailer. HUGE improvements.

My issue with being able to tell who it is under the mask is that we are familiar with whose under the mask. If it was a complete stranger, we'd never be able to tell.

Afflecks distinctive chin is pretty common. Like the dude who is playing Batman in BVS has the same chin :)

Seriously I think in most cases I can ignore it.

Still though the new mask is much better and we should all know why. They took the time to design it. Before was a rush job. Luckily with most of the suit built they could rework it.

Now honestly I think if they did a full mask, that may have been better. A full on Devils mask?

Still budget folks. A lot of ways to go.
--------------

With Caps suit in the first Avengers movie. The concept art ignored how much it compressed Evans. The WS and AOU suit loosen it up and then added padding to make him even bigger. Of course the later suits make him look more like a brawler.

-----------------------

Marvel always changing the costumes?

Well they tend to get a new director and a new director may not like the suit. Whedon preferred Iron Man red and with a circle arc reactor. Shane Black had not problem with Gold and Fav no problem with the triangle. I think the Russo's disliked the excess red on Cap's uniform. Even on the DC side. Mostly a response to technology. I think Batman's arctic suit is the only "for the toys". Even the Sonar suit I felt had purpose beyond merchandise.

Last edited:
From the new poster can we tell what else on the suit has changed aside from the cowl?

vX2nXB

From the new poster can we tell what else on the suit has changed aside from the cowl?

vX2nXB

From what I can see: Red shoulder armor, red shoulder straps, new gloves/forearm armor, added knee pads, and removed shin guards. The suit is almost perfect, they nailed the cowl but I think they need to further streamline the rest of the costume. The torso portion is still tough on the eyes.

I feel they took a good deal of inspiration from the Cap WS suit which I liked

captain-america-the-winter-soldier-trailer-0.jpg

I feel like it's all related to the Dark Knight costume due it's construction. Use the segments to add the texture and complexity tot he suit.

I think the cowl design from TDK and Captain America should be applied more shows like Flash.

Nothing about it is Dark Knight. TDK did not invent that type of construction to comic costumes. Blade's costume did the same thing, as have other movies I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I just wish they didn't have the black ab padding. I also think the helmet looks way brighter than the rest.

I know the helmet was the main complaint, but I feel just a few more tweaks would make it perfect.

anyone notice his pants look baggier?

anyone notice his pants look baggier?

Hopefully to allow Charlie and the stunt performers to move as well as they did in the black costume.

As for suit differences, it also looks to me like they've made some room on the chest where the DD could fit.

Hopefully to allow Charlie and the stunt performers to move as well as they did in the black costume.

As for suit differences, it also looks to me like they've made some room on the chest where the DD could fit.

That's most likely it.

The black suit had some generic tactical pants that allowed decent movement for kicks and the like.

From what I can see: Red shoulder armor, red shoulder straps, new gloves/forearm armor, added knee pads, and removed shin guards. The suit is almost perfect, they nailed the cowl but I think they need to further streamline the rest of the costume. The torso portion is still tough on the eyes.

Why the weird panel elements on the pecs? It kind of looks like the TDK bat-bra.

Do I spot a very small and smudged DD logo on the right side of this chest?

I hope that in a future season they get somewhat longer combat batons/billy clubs for Cox to brandish. The pair Stick gave him actually could be used for fighting. The ones in that pic are just to snubby to be of any real use. Granted, I know, fantasy martial arts... Still as a Kali guy it bugs me.

is there a high res version of the full poster anywhere?

Edit: never mind, found it.

Daredevil-Season-2-New-Poster-Full-Size.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"