Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 8

Are you in the US? I'm in Europe and apparently most if not all reports of this happening seem to be coming from either Europe or Latin America. Coincidentally those are also areas where Disney+ has Star integration for mature content, while in the US that's still split with Hulu for now. Could that have anything to do with it?

I'm in the UK.

Are you in the US? I'm in Europe and apparently most if not all reports of this happening seem to be coming from either Europe or Latin America. Coincidentally those are also areas where Disney+ has Star integration for mature content, while in the US that's still split with Hulu for now. Could that have anything to do with it?
I'm in the US and I'm seeing the "Leaving 3/1" notification on the Marvel shows.

Now on Disney+.

4JX6NDN.png

Starting my rewatch of the shows now.

Gonna be weird seeing the A Netflix Original on Disney Plus but I’ll get used it.I’m actually glad Disney will have most of all their Marvel content on the service now.

edit: the edited out the Netflix Original part in the opening credits lol. Makes sense.

Not the most inspiring writers for the show. Then again...Seasons 2 and 3 and Defenders.

Can't wait for a disjointed Daredevil show that looks like a Petco commercial.

You mean that for all of it? I will concede that the Elektra stuff didn't grab me, but what about all the Frank Castle stuff?
I liked most of the Punisher stuff, especially at the beginning, but the Elektra storyline was garbage and my biggest issue was they tried to jam two completely separate stories, with different tones, that didn't match at all and had absolutely no connection to each other. You had some super realistic trial and gang wars and at the same time a bunch of undead ninjas that want to take over the world. It's like they didn't have enough stuff for one season so they decided to cram a whole other side story to fill the mandatory 13 episode season run. Or even worse they were forced to do a crappy build-up for the Defenders that they didn't much believe in. In any case it felt like there wasn't any serious planning and by the last few episodes even Frank's story was poorly written for my taste, so I've honestly lost all interest.

I liked most of the Punisher stuff, especially at the beginning, but the Elektra storyline was garbage and my biggest issue was they tried to jam two completely separate stories, with different tones, that didn't match at all and had absolutely no connection to each other. You had some super realistic trial and gang wars and at the same time a bunch of undead ninjas that want to take over the world. It's like they didn't have enough stuff for one season so they decided to cram a whole other side story to fill the mandatory 13 episode season run. Or even worse they were forced to do a crappy build-up for the Defenders that they didn't much believe in. In any case it felt like there wasn't any serious planning and by the last few episodes even Frank's story was poorly written for my taste, so I've honestly lost all interest.

Ooh see I liked Elektra’s characterization and her story.

She, like Punisher, was all about Matt pushing himself (and Daredevil) to break past his limits—leaving behind his morality and his life as Murdock in favor of the Devil.

Season 2 is the best season. It used its 13 episode count very well. It felt like a great comic storyline I was reading. It opens with Punisher that feels like a four part movie, then The Hand and Elektra become the A plot while Punisher becomes a very strong B plot. Nothing is wasted. I can't say that for most comic book shows where everything is so stretched thin and bloated. It's an actual story!

Season 3 was great indeed, but nothing beats the first one.

Season 3 was easily the best season to me.

I'm neither thrilled nor put off by this choice of writers. I don't think it can remotely live up to the Netflix version, but it could still be solid and enjoyable. I wouldn't mind something more inspired by Mark Waid's DD than Frank Miller's, tbh.

Season 3 was easily the best season to me.

I'm neither thrilled nor put off by this choice of writers. I don't think it can remotely live up to the Netflix version, but it could still be solid and enjoyable. I wouldn't mind something more inspired by Mark Waid's DD than Frank Miller's, tbh.

Yes; I definitely see the MCU going with more recent runs since Netflix kept going to the Miller well.

Or maybe an adaptation of Guardian Devil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"