Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
^

I wouldn't cast him as Guy Running Away From Destruction #6 at this point. Did no one watch that Flash episode? I literally couldn't believe what was happening.

(EDIT: I got Thread Manager ninja'd! For context, the above was in response to BatsDC saying that Purcell might make a good Juggernaut)

Last edited:
He was dreadful in Flash yeah

But he's been alright in other roles

I don't believe I have ever seen Purcell perform above the level of 'pro wrestler at a county fair'. Is that guy even still around?

I liked him on Flash. It was campy fun and it's nice to see a show embrace it's comic book ridiculousness for once. Flash has villains like The Top, Mirror Master, Captain Cold, Golden Glider, Gorilla Grodd, etc. You cannot take that completely seriously. Otherwise you get stuff like Doctor Light being turned into Dr. Rapey McRapeson.

I liked him on Flash. It was campy fun and it's nice to see a show embrace it's comic book ridiculousness for once. Flash has villains like The Top, Mirror Master, Captain Cold, Golden Glider, Gorilla Grodd, etc. You cannot take that completely seriously. Otherwise you get stuff like Doctor Light being turned into Dr. Rapey McRapeson.

Well Miller puled it off in the exact same episode well enough so what was Purcell's excuse? Keed in mind I don't fault him for going so looney tunes with it as that was likely the direction he got for it.

Exactly. Purcell did fine.

With the big Sony/MS deal we for sure can now count on a greater amount of Spidey rogues making it into future seasons of Daredevil.

Who would you want?

I hope D'Onofrio's Fisk becomes the first character to transfer from TV to film and then the floodgates open.

With the big Sony/MS deal we for sure can now count on a greater amount of Spidey rogues making it into future seasons of Daredevil.

Who would you want?

More rumor or is there anything concrete yet?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw the article on the front page. Looks like MS let Sony walk all over them, at least on 1st impression.

Last edited:
D'onofrio's kingpin could be interesting in a movie, but I prefer him to say DD's archnemesis. That said, Spidey coming to the mcu could mean DD and others could be in movies as well.

I don't think Luke Cage, Iron fist or DD should be in avengers movies for instance, but they could totally appear in a spidey movie.

Haha D'onofrio is really branching out after this news. Good for him.

Now Ben Urich could be working for Daily Bugle but I doubt there is time to change that in this phase of production.

he could still move to the bugle later for a spidey movie for instance.

Who would you want?

Daredevil has fought Elektro, Mysterio, Vulture, Doctor Octopus, etc., but none of them appeal to me. The characters that would be more fitting, like Silvermane, are characters I don't think he's fought. He did fight Tombstone and Hammerhead relatively recently, but it just felt like a crossover.

Given all that, I'm going to say none of them. Kingpin was the only real successful crossover.

Now Ben Urich could be working for Daily Bugle but I doubt there is time to change that in this phase of production.

Now that would be something I'd like to see. It probably is too late to go back and fix it for Daredevil, but maybe by the time Defenders starts.

D'onofrio's kingpin could be interesting in a movie, but I prefer him to say DD's archnemesis. That said, Spidey coming to the mcu could mean DD and others could be in movies as well.

I agree, I'd definitely prefer for Kingpin to remain as Daredevil's nemesis.

If they play their cards right though, they could build towards a Sinister Six movie where Kingpin is pulling strings in the background that allows for a Spider-Man/Daredevil team-up. I've always felt that for Sinister Six to truly feel like a threat to Spider-Man, he's gonna need some backup and a team-up with Daredevil would be awesome. Tying in Kingpin allows it to make sense in the world that they're building as well.

the sinister six have, imo, never been more threatening than when dock Ock was parading with his white armani suit, back in the 90's. There was this story where Ock would destroy Hulk in the first part, and Spidey would need deathlok, Hulk, Ghost rider etc to beat them eventually.

Facing the sinister six would totally justify some team-up.

Although I think a Spiderman/daredevil team-up would work better against the kingpin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"