• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Irredeemable Ant-Man

Anubis said:
Ever read his Invicible? League of Losers is nothing compared to that book.

i've read both; just started no Invincible. it's definately old school superhero goodness. but Kirkman said that, tone-wise, the book would be more like Walking Dead, iirc. i haven't picked up that title, just yet. Zombies are something i prefer to see on the big screen.

So do I, but Walking Dead is reeeeeaaaallllyyyy good. Just go to a bookstore like Barns and Nobles and read the first trade there.

I just finished Walking Dead Vol. 1-4.

"WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!"

bad ass

I added this on the pull list even though I cant afford it.

B.U.M. said:
I just finished Walking Dead Vol. 1-4.

"WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!"

bad ass

oooo!

just remembering that line sends chills down my spine :)

Kool-Aid said:
So do I, but Walking Dead is reeeeeaaaallllyyyy good. Just go to a bookstore like Barns and Nobles and read the first trade there.

actually i read an article on it this morning. it actually sounds like something i might want to read. i'd still prefer to see it on the big screen (the prison), though.

B.U.M. said:
Whens it come out?

if it's not delayed, early October.

Darthphere said:
I added this on the pull list even though I cant afford it.

yeah, comics are so pricey nowadays. hey, does anyone know how many issues are commonly in a TPB? if the series lasts long enough, i could mail you that amount of issues for free. i'm already buying 3 of each issue.

I really do love Walking dead. A guaranteed good read every comic book day.

Anubis said:
I really do love Walking dead. A guaranteed good read every comic book day.

is it a monthly book? bi-monthly?

Muze said:
yeah, comics are so pricey nowadays. hey, does anyone know how many issues are commonly in a TPB? if the series lasts long enough, i could mail you that amount of issues for free. i'm already buying 3 of each issue.
most TPBs are one whole story-arc, which these days are 80% of the time 6 issues. Many hardcover collections have 12

The Vertigo line doesn't adhere to a 6 issue story arc format, so most vertigo trades are 7-9 issues. Transmet went small with usually 6 issues a book

Elijya said:
most TPBs are one whole story-arc, which these days are 80% of the time 6 issues. Many hardcover collections have 12

The Vertigo line doesn't adhere to a 6 issue story arc format, so most vertigo trades are 7-9 issues. Transmet went small with usually 6 issues a book

ahh, thanks. i can't really judge how long Kirkman's first arc will be. he said he was packing a lot of story into each issue.

ANTMAN002.jpg

The Irredeemable Ant-Man #2

What’s the best way to steal your best friend’s girlfriend? Lie to her! But that’s just low, nobody would go that far, would they? Nobody but Ant-Man! It’s another issue filled with backstabbing, cheating, and the occasional feat of superhuman heroics. And meanwhile, disaster strikes the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier. Who will live? Who will die? The answers will shock you!

the metal arms work so much better on Ant-Man than Spidey

Elijya said:
Agreed. They also help allow Ant-Man to become more distinctive rather than being, "that guy who talks to ants and sometimes shrinks and straddles one".

The art looks good, I'm already going to give this title a try. Knowing Marvel, it'll be underpromoted and hit the skids by issue #6 or sooner anyway.

The art looks crappy and his costume looks like a rip-off of Iron Spidey.

How dare you talk of Hester's art that way?!!? Why I should give you a kick in the Taint! :mad:

Dread said:
Agreed. They also help allow Ant-Man to become more distinctive rather than being, "that guy who talks to ants and sometimes shrinks and straddles one".

The art looks good, I'm already going to give this title a try. Knowing Marvel, it'll be underpromoted and hit the skids by issue #6 or sooner anyway.

Those arms would be awesome in small devices, or getting around and such when he's small. It would definitely be an advantage.

Unfortuantely, you're probably right. This book probably will be good, and then Marvel just won't give it enough backing, nobody will read it but people on forums, and the book will die. Like the Thing's book.

Elijya said:

i've actually grown to like Spiderman's new mechanical arms. but i think Ant-Man's are customized to him, as well. they are more transport than weaponry (like Spiderman's). i wonder what happened to the SHIELD Helicarrier; that he'd have to be hauling #$$ like that.

Dread said:

but it'll be a fun 6! i'm interested in finding out more about SHIELD.

Dr.Taint! said:
The art looks crappy and his costume looks like a rip-off of Iron Spidey.

which, while completely unintentional on the part of the artist, works perfectly. he's the Irredeemable Ant-Man; not the super-kewl style over substance Ant-Man. the character would probably settle for stealing Spiderman's real costume if it actually granted the wearer powers.

Mistress Gluon said:
Those arms would be awesome in small devices, or getting around and such when he's small. It would definitely be an advantage.

Unfortuantely, you're probably right. This book probably will be good, and then Marvel just won't give it enough backing, nobody will read it but people on forums, and the book will die. Like the Thing's book.

and that's why i'm going to run around town wearing an Irredeemable Ant-Man costume; apprehending jaywalkers and the like. don't discount word of mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"