• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Irredeemable Ant-Man

Dr.Taint! said:
Cool I'm kinda a Spidey nut myself.

who isn't? i about wept during the first Spiderman movie. but i quickly checked my manhood, since the theatre was packed.

I think if I had to read the ongoing adventures of one character, It would be Spidey.

if i had to follow the ongoing adventures of only one worst hero in the marvel universe, i'm pretty sure that it would be Ant-Man.

Charlie No-One said:
The ongoing adventures of one character? Jean Grey.

she doesn't have antennae or extra mechanical limbs. doesn't count. :down

But she does have the power to absorb an entire sun and still look hot. :up:

Charlie No-One said:
But she does have the power to absorb an entire sun and still look hot. :up:

the Irredeemable Ant-Man can absorb a sun and beat Galactus. :doom:

Wow, new Gregory Peck avatar. The old, younger, one was much more suave. But this new, older, one shows a much wiser Gregory Peck.

Anyway, it's funny how this thread went wildly off topic, don't you think? I guess that's what happens when you start discussing a book MONTHS before the first issue is even released.

The Fonz said:
Wow, new Gregory Peck avatar. The old, younger, one was much more suave. But this new, older, one shows a much wiser Gregory Peck.

Anyway, it's funny how this thread went wildly off topic, don't you think? I guess that's what happens when you start discussing a book MONTHS before the first issue is even released.

you call that "wildly" off topic? i've seen much worse. anyways, there were a few pages from the first issue in the 99 cent Marvel Previews that you can buy at your LCS. Chris and Eric are guarding a private SHIELD lab aboard the Helicarrier. they start making small talk about knowing what it is they are guarding and whether they should be keeping people out or in. i found it funny because SHIELD's like the top of the food chain when it comes to marvel intelligence agencies and here are two young guys who don't know how to use their weapons or what exactly they are doing outside of a top secret lab. anyways, they start freaking out when the door to the lab opens up. Eric, the one interviews describe as being irredeemable, reacts by knocking the mystery figure (Hank Pym) out with his gun. he then convinces Chris to help him drag Pym's body back into the lab. that's where they first see the costume. just from what i've seen, Hank is going to have his hands full with the newbies. one's a rookie. the other's a rookie and a delinquent.

Muze said:
but it'll be a fun 6! i'm interested in finding out more about SHIELD.
True enough. More "fun" superhero comics, especially with CW going on and MTU on the chopping block, is essential for a breather. And we never know; MARVEL ZOMBIES surprised everyone and became a monster hit. But yeah, I'm reading it.

It's so weird to read posts from you that're less...angry. Heck, mine have gotten way angrier in comparison. ;)

Dread said:
True enough. More "fun" superhero comics, especially with CW going on and MTU on the chopping block, is essential for a breather. And we never know; MARVEL ZOMBIES surprised everyone and became a monster hit. But yeah, I'm reading it.

It's so weird to read posts from you that're less...angry. Heck, mine have gotten way angrier in comparison. ;)

well that's just it. i don't really have anything to be angry about. i've gotten over them killing Scott Lang, by now. it was a waste but it was their loss. and there are fun series to read, coming up. Loners should be cool (i haven't seen it advertised though). Young Avengers is a fun read, when it comes out. PAD's X-Factor is a little darker but delivers. Marvel could be making worse choices. i do wish that someone else was writing Mighty Avengers, though.

Muze said:
well that's just it. i don't really have anything to be angry about. i've gotten over them killing Scott Lang, by now. it was a waste but it was their loss. and there are fun series to read, coming up. Loners should be cool (i haven't seen it advertised though). Young Avengers is a fun read, when it comes out. PAD's X-Factor is a little darker but delivers. Marvel could be making worse choices. i do wish that someone else was writing Mighty Avengers, though.
So does everyone on the board.

Kind of a shame that Stan Lee has some copyright on "Excelsior", but whatever, the guy birthed most of the MU that they still rely on, so I can cut him some slack and be willing to see them renamed THE LONERS (even if there's more than one so they're not so "lone"). Naturally I'll grab up ANT-MAN here and YA will return next year (and they have a CW mini alongside the RUNAWAYS, which is good so far).

Yeah, see, that's why I never go, "_____ happens and I'm done with Marvel!" because Marvel will always put out SOME good books that I enjoy. I just don't buy the ones I don't.

Dread said:
so I can cut him some slack and be willing to see them renamed THE LONERS (even if there's more than one so they're not so "lone").
::flashes back to the movie "Airheads"::

Elijya said:
::flashes back to the movie "Airheads"::
That's PRECISELY what I was referencing mentally.

" 'The Lone Rangers'? But there's THREE of you. You're not exactly 'lone'."

Dread said:
That's PRECISELY what I was referencing mentally.

" 'The Lone Rangers'? But there's THREE of you. You're not exactly 'lone'."

they could definately come up with a better name. i would say that 'loner' refers to their mindset but the characters being used are too personable to qualify. Darkhawk comes closest to being a loner. just to keep it on-topic, i wonder if the new Ant-Man would fit in with the Loners? Kirkman didn't really specify the ages of the characters. all that was said was that they were in college, the military, and then SHIELD. they could be brand new as SHIELD agents, i guess.

I'm still not sure whether this book is serious or more light-hearted. I read the 2-page preview and it had a Gravity feel to it. I'll definately pick it up.

The Cleric said:
i hope this charecter dies with ironfist and moon knight
with???
With?????

Ironfist is going to DIE??????

The important question of course is:

WHO GETS MISTY KNIGHT?????
:( :mad: :up: :)

Varient said:
with???
With?????

Ironfist is going to DIE??????

The important question of course is:

WHO GETS MISTY KNIGHT?????
:( :mad: :up: :)

Iron Fist is immortal. and i was kind of hoping that Luke Cage would get Misty Knight. so much for that wish. :(

Varient said:
WELCOME BACK,...

thanks

Colossal Spoons said:
I'm still not sure whether this book is serious or more light-hearted. I read the 2-page preview and it had a Gravity feel to it. I'll definately pick it up.

i never read any of that title. was it any good? i thought the character was cool enough when he appeared in Marvel Team-up. it's just speculation on my part but i would expect something called Irredeemable Ant-Man to be dark humour. i certainly hope it's more light-hearted than the Walking Dead or Marvel Zombies, though. there will be plenty of serious books out, since there will be two Avengers teams.

on a completely unrelated note, i didn't originally like the title of this book. but then i imagined that Thurl Ravenscroft (he sung the theme song to the Grinch Who Stole Christmas; not Boris Karloff-as rumoured) was saying it. it's all good, now.

Muze said:
Iron Fist is immortal. and i was kind of hoping that Luke Cage would get Misty Knight. so much for that wish. :(

thanks

Luke Cage could still get with Misty. I could see it happening. He had no problems sleeping with Jessica when she was with someone else, and he knew it. Why not?

And I forgot to welcome you back as well. Please accept the humble apologies of this fallen Beaumonte. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"