The Joker Thread - Part 1

Hot take: they will never make a live action DKR. It’s already been stripped mind too much. The only thing left to do is have Carrie Kelly Robin.

They already did him on a late night show. What’s left, him in a white suit and breaking his own neck?

They already did him on a late night show. What’s left, him in a white suit and breaking his own neck?
Well, yeah. Don't forget the colder, slightly more controlled demeanor. And I gueeeeeess the Paul Lynde voice. As much as it's been mined for Batman, I don't think it's been mined as much for The Joker as people think.

Last edited:
Wait... Paul Lynda voice? I knew Miller really leans into gay predator Joker, but I don’t remember that...

He's confusing Paul Lynde with Michael Emerson. Though how that figures into the actual comic, I've no idea lol. I've previously used Paul Lynde as a point of comparison when talking about Emerson's vocal performance. I think Andy's getting a little mixed up lol.

He's confusing Paul Lynde with Michael Emerson. Though how that figures into the actual comic, I've no idea lol. I've previously used Paul Lynde as a point of comparison when talking about Emerson's vocal performance. I think Andy's getting a little mixed up lol.
I meant Emerson seemingly taking influence from Lynde's voice. I honestly think it fits that version perfectly.

I can definitely see the voice comparison, although I think that’s just Emerson’s natural voice lol. I loved that performance, though. I’d be very happy if he got Hamilled.

I meant Emerson seemingly taking influence from Lynde's voice. I honestly think it fits that version perfectly.
No I agree. I think Lynde himself could have played a good serious Joker. I don't recall him ever playing any serious parts (which is not to definitively say that he didn't), but he had a lot of demons related to alcoholism. I could see him doing a Robin Williams or a Jim Carrey and tapping into that darker side for the purposes of playing a dramatic role.

I can definitely see the voice comparison, although I think that’s just Emerson’s natural voice lol. I loved that performance, though. I’d be very happy if he got Hamilled.
Yeah. It's just a great Joker voice in general and honestly, I think that voice combined with Hamill might be my ideal Joker voice, like for most of the mainstream comics. Especially Killer Smile (even though that one isn't canon or mainstream).

The only thing adapted from DKR Joker is a scene where he kills a talk show host. It doesn’t really play out the same way either. But everything else about the joker has not been touched in live-action.

I really don’t think there’s anything left from DKR to bring into life action that’s exclusive to that version. You can’t do the talk show bit after Joker, I don’t want to see Joker kill himself in a movie, Joker being catatonic until Batman returns doesn’t work unless we have a pre established relationship between the two, along with a large gap between sequels. I definitely don’t want to go into Miller’s “eww gay” take on the character.

The only things left are the white suit and fighting in a hall of mirrors. Both of which would be cool, even if the hall of mirrors fight has been done to death since Orson Welles did it in the 1940s

Didn't he basically do just Hollywood Squares?
Bewitched, a few film acting parts, various other television roles.

You do have to be an established celebrity before you can get a square on Hollywood Squares y'know. :p

I really don’t think there’s anything left from DKR to bring into life action that’s exclusive to that version. You can’t do the talk show bit after Joker, I don’t want to see Joker kill himself in a movie, Joker being catatonic until Batman returns doesn’t work unless we have a pre established relationship between the two, along with a large gap between sequels. I definitely don’t want to go into Miller’s “eww gay” take on the character.

The only things left are the white suit and fighting in a hall of mirrors. Both of which would be cool, even if the hall of mirrors fight has been done to death since Orson Welles did it in the 1940s
So the animated movie didn’t work for you?

I’d love to see Joker kill himself on screen in the exact same way.

I’m fine with how it is in Dark Knight Returns, but I don’t need to see any of that incorporeal into Reeves’ movies.

I really hope Reeves doesn’t kill any of the rogues. We need to move past that in comic book adaptations. Let the rogue gallery grow and expand.

I always liked that scene in the original Chris Reeve Superman, where Luthor and Otis are literally just dropped right into the middle of the prison yard. So delightfully comic-booky. They also should have kept in the scene of the Arctic patrol arresting Luthor and the Phantom Zone villains in the Donner cut of Superman II.

Instead they lose that scene and kind of imply that Supes just blows up the Fortress of Solitude while Luthor is still in there. But then Supes goes back in time again and reverses it anyways, thus rendering the Fortresses' destruction completely unnecessary. :applaud

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"