The Joker Thread - Part 1

He looks like the guy on the page, he has experience in playing an emotionally volatile and morally unscrupulous sociopath?

It's not that he couldn't be a good Joker, it's the idea that he's a "way more natural fit" than Hader. Too often people suggest an actor be perfect for a role just because they once played a similar character, as if Howerton is going to be playing Dennis playing the Joker.

He’s a more natural fit because he’s played a character with traits that are similar to The Joker. That’s what natural fit means.

It's not that he couldn't be a good Joker, it's the idea that he's a "way more natural fit" than Hader. Too often people suggest an actor be perfect for a role just because they once played a similar character, as if Howerton is going to be playing Dennis playing the Joker.
Eh, I'm not personally advocating for Howerton or Hader as the Joker anyways. Especially not Howerton, as it's too obvious and dull a casting. I just think the reason for his name being mentioned was equally as obvious. :cwink: So I gave you the reasoning.

I don't like his look for the role
I kinda do. His eyes have that cold, unfeeling look to them. That's the greatest possible compliment I can pay the main in this context. :dry: He might even be a good conduit for that TDKR inspired Joker you so covet.

No, Pine has beautiful baby blue eyes full of life and mischief....

sigh...

I kinda do. His eyes have that cold, unfeeling look to them. That's the greatest possible compliment I can pay the main in this context. :dry: He might even be a good conduit for that TDKR inspired Joker you so covet.
I don't really think he has that slightly androgynous quality TDKR Joker has though

I don't really think he has that slightly androgynous quality TDKR Joker has though

It is really fair to say the TDKR Joker has an androgynous look to him? Beyond the lipstick, he always looked pretty butch and masculine to me. That's not taking into account the mannerisms, which can obviously be affected by, y'know, an actor lol.

I don't know why I'm suddenly batting for Pine now. :funny:

It is really fair to say the TDKR Joker has an androgynous look to him? Beyond the lipstick, he always looked pretty butch and masculine to me. That's not taking into account the mannerisms, which can obviously be affected by, y'know, an actor lol.

I don't know why I'm suddenly batting for Pine now. :funny:
I feel like 10-15 years from now they can get Bill Hader to play TDKR Joker. Or right now they could get Jude Law, Paul Bettany, or Guy Pearce.

I don't see anything Joker from Pine. Now, I hadn't seen anything "Joker" from Heath Ledger beforehand either, but just for speculation, I don't see it.
He's more Two-Face or Hal Jordan to me.

He's more Two-Face or Hal Jordan to me.
Boring!

Pine has the Brad Pitt problem. Everyone wants him to play straight roles because he’s so handsome, but he’s clearly made for wacky supporting roles.

Although he can do straight laced hero very well

I mean, Homelander is basically Psycho Kirk.

Mirror Universe Kirk?

He did accents in Hell or High Water and Smoking Aces. Probably some others I can’t think of.

Pine doesn’t have cold eyes. He’s never NOT sounded like Chris Pine. Oh hi Steve Trevor, why you dressin up like a clown bud? Thought I recognized you!

I’d rather they cast an unknown who can use the opportunity. Unless your initials are JG of course.

Maybe you need to see him in more stuff buddy.

Not his fault Kirk and Steve Trevor are the exact same character.

Pine doesn’t have cold eyes. He’s never NOT sounded like Chris Pine. Oh hi Steve Trevor, why you dressin up like a clown bud? Thought I recognized you!

I’d rather they cast an unknown who can use the opportunity. Unless your initials are JG of course.
And/Or WD and BH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"