The Joker Thread - Part 1

I still believe Cooper, under Reeves direction could create a great Joker. As well as Chris Pine, which won’t happen though. Coopers got range despite his perceived default.

It could be any one of us. It could even be.....YOU!!

Moral of the story, don’t ignore opinions you don’t agree with. Embrace them, try to find some common ground.

Armie Hammer as Batman
Tom Selleck or George Clooney as Jim Gordon
Johnny Depp as The Joker
Bella Thorne as Harley Quinn
Josh Gad as Penguin
Neil Patrick Harris or Matthew Gray Gubler as The Riddler
Ed Sheeran as James Gordon Jr.
Rihanna as Poison Ivy
James Corden as Professor Pyg

Armie Hammer as Batman
Tom Selleck or George Clooney as Jim Gordon
Johnny Depp as The Joker
Bella Thorne as Harley Quinn
Josh Gad as Penguin
Neil Patrick Harris or Matthew Gray Gubler as The Riddler
Ed Sheeran as James Gordon Jr.
Rihanna as Poison Ivy
James Corden as Professor Pyg

Best Acting Ensemble, shoe-in.

I still believe Cooper, under Reeves direction could create a great Joker. As well as Chris Pine, which won’t happen though. Coopers got range despite his perceived default.
Cooperrrrr ... Bradley Cooper? I'd much rather have him as Luthor if I had to choose. Been wanting that for a while, in fact.

Cooperrrrr ... Bradley Cooper? I'd much rather have him as Luthor if I had to choose. Been wanting that for a while, in fact.

Hmm, hadn't thought about him for Luthor but it's an interesting choice. I think Joker would give him more room to go crazy and be creative. He's got a great, natural laugh that he can control in a manic way (see American Hustle).

Don't really know who I'd go with for Luthor but Idris Elba and Michael Fassbender come to mind.

Just need Bryan Cranston and you have the predictable fancast bingo there!

Bryan Cranston wouldn't work for Luthor but had Jeffrey Wright turned down Reeves, he would be the perfect Gordon....

giphy-downsized.gif

Cranston is great but him as Gordon is just one of those picks that's so obvious that it just isn't interesting to me. He is a great actor, especially in Breaking Bad obviously, but I'm so happy we've gotten Jeffrey Wright. Just my opinion but I feel comic book fans care way too much about looks, there's so much more to nailing a character than that. I roll my eyes whenever I see anybody say that John Hamm or Armie Hammer (just using as examples) would be the best Batman ever, etc (and that's not a knock on any of them, they're good but looks should never be the most important thing).

I'm sure Cranston would be a solid Gordon but (besides very few exceptions like Gyllenhaal as Joker) I almost always want an inspired pick that's sort of left-field. Cranston vibe wise to me would probably be treading similar ground to Gary Oldman, which was already done incredibly. Gimme something new y'know

Last edited:
Cranston’s Luthor would have just been Hackman and Spacey again

Cranston is too old for Luthor. The idea of an old Lex doesn't click for me unless we're doing some late career Superman story. His voice and presence are close to perfect but I just think the time for that has passed.

Cooper as Lex is one of my biggest fanboy wetdreams. Give it to me. Give it to me now. Now that I've put some more thought into it I also think he maybe would be a great Joker, albeit not near the top of my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"