The Joker Thread - Part 1

I really want curly puffed up hair for this Joker. That would be super distinctive from what we've gotten in the past.

Hmm, any particular illustrations in mind? I'd also like that tbh. I prefer when his hair is dark emerald green, and drawn a bit wild, as opposed to just slicked back. I like how Neal Adam's Joker and most of how he was drawn in 70s and 80s with slightly longer hair with a bit of a curl to it. But even some of the older stuff like Dick Sprang drawings or even the earliest stuff give him that sort of look in some cases. I like the splashpanel on the 40s story where he sends a record which emits Joker Venom gas when touched by a record player needle to the DA. That story is not particularly good, but that part is great lol. Anyway, the splashpanel has his playing a violin and his hair is slicked back like usual but with a wilder maniacal look which I like. That's like how Bolland draws too.

In any case, I don't particularly want dirty green blonde hair like Ledger, nor the neat slicked back look of Nicholson or Leto.

Last edited:
Dress him like McKean or Bermejo. Basically a trench coat that's either black or blue (or purple who am I kidding). Short curly/dry hair. No Glasgow smile. No tattoos. I don't mind if he puts makeup on as long his face was warped from Chemicals. At the same time, if the chemicals made his skin whiter that's cool too. But I'd like him to look hideous and distorted without looking like a burn victim (Two-Face).

Basically a mix between the Azarello/Bermejo Joker in wardrobe and maybe hair. Hamill's Joker from BTAS/Arkham Games in his behaviour (which we know used 70's Joker as an influence). ASHOSE Joker with his disturbing features.

No name, no other alias other than MAYBE "Red Hood One". Which depends on the GCPD prequel. Red Hood is a great origin but leaving it a mystery is also fine by me.

Cunning. Manipulative. Unpredictable movements. As Dr. Loomis would say: pure eeeeviiiiL!

I find it interesting that based on certain rumors that Joker was once "on top" or "a king" until he turned into a "clown with the whole world laughing at him"

I like that aspect because it fits with the hints of his pre Joker life that are in Batman #1. So, he seems to know the gangster Brute Nelson and Judge Drake but they do not recognise him, thus suggesting a previous involvement in crime. Obviously something happened which made him snap.

As for the other idea about showing Gotham's corruption etc, I think that could end up too much of a retread of what he does in The Dark Knight. I think Joker does not care much for societal mores and often his antics make a mockery if such things through absurdity and audacity, however I prefer not too have too much of the straw nihilist philosophy because it's easy to over do it (plus we've seen it with Ledger already).

I think the above Joker has the combination of funny, charm and freaky-ness that a few of use seem to be describing in terms of look.

I'd definitely prefer if the chemicals made his skin white or pale. I guess I'm fine if he puts makeup on over normally pigmented but still scarred skin but it's.......eh. I'd rather they go all the way with it.

As for the other idea about showing Gotham's corruption etc, I think that could end up too much of a retread of what he does in The Dark Knight. I think Joker does not care much for societal mores and often his antics make a mockery if such things through absurdity and audacity, however I prefer not too have too much of the straw nihilist philosophy because it's easy to over do it (plus we've seen it with Ledger already).

Plus we're already getting that with Riddler on top of that. Idk, it just feels like such a lame route for Joker now.

I'd definitely prefer if the chemicals made his skin white or pale. I guess I'm fine if he puts makeup on over normally pigmented but still scarred skin but it's.......eh. I'd rather they go all the way with it.
Same. I want full on Joker look. Permentently chalk white skin, emerald green hair, creepy smile, the whole works. Just a real life version similar to the scans I shared above would do it for me tbh lol

Same. I want full on Joker look. Permentently chalk white skin, emerald green hair, creepy smile, the whole works. Just a real life version similar to the scans I shared above would do it for me tbh lol
Honestly I'm fine if it's just the skin. That's usually my preference anyways. Pale skin but dyes his hair green and wears lipstick, that way he has more control over his look.

Honestly I'm fine if it's just the skin. That's usually my preference anyways. Pale skin but dyes his hair green and wears lipstick, that way he has more control over his look.

To be honest I could compromise on that too. As the hair is the most unbelievable thing which puts Joker firmly into the realm of fantastical, whereas the bleached white skin could be possible. I mean, I do like him to be a bit fantastical as I think when you start thinking about realism, you could say that the whole Batman concept is unrealistic so a bit of suspension of disbelief is fine.

I could believe that Joker's hair somehow got dyed green due to chemicals, but as it's unlikely his hair would grow back green I've begun to entertain the headcanon that he dyes it to keep the look as he likes it. Plus, I currently have my hair dyed dark cyan green, and it does require upkeep (and had to be bleached first), so I've got some insight into this XD

Between the skin, lips, and hair if I could only keep 1 for this iteration it would definitely be the pale skin, I dont need the chemical or really any explanation for why, maybe he is just a really pale guy.

I agree on wanting the puffy curly hair, its something that would be refreshing after years and years of the greasy unkempt look.

I also really need this Joker to look like he's showered in the last year, its an odd idea that "crazy, insane" people have to look like they hate themselves. Obviously Joker is more than that (maybe not that at all) a lot of people claim to tired of Joker but the amount of unmined material that this exists down to motivation and looks, relationship with Batman, and with other villains, I couldnt be more excited for Reeves to introduce him at some point

Between the skin, lips, and hair if I could only keep 1 for this iteration it would definitely be the pale skin, I dont need the chemical or really any explanation for why, maybe he is just a really pale guy.

I agree on wanting the puffy curly hair, its something that would be refreshing after years and years of the greasy unkempt look.

I also really need this Joker to look like he's showered in the last year, its an odd idea that "crazy, insane" people have to look like they hate themselves. Obviously Joker is more than that (maybe not that at all) a lot of people claim to tired of Joker but the amount of unmined material that this exists down to motivation and looks, relationship with Batman, and with other villains, I couldnt be more excited for Reeves to introduce him at some point

Yep. I love Joker as a character, but I'm not all that interested in how he is in most recent comic stuff. And I think there's a lot of people like that who actually do not hate the character, they're just tired of the overuse of how he's generally presented now *so ultra violent, nihilistic etc you know what I mean). Yet there's still a lot of desire to see this character, essentially other aspects.

Also yeah. Joker is typically written to be very vain and loves himself, so why would he look unkempt? Joker's evil but at least he's got style. Can't deny that lol. So yeah, I don't want face paint and I don't want greasy and unkempt looking (tbf Ledger and Pheonix both have nice clothes, but generally the look is more grungy than Joker classically is).

Sorry that I’ve been MIA for a while, duty calls. Here’s my thoughts on “you know who” a month later after the test screening I attended in the spoilers below:

• I’m Team Barry all the way. Hoping the cameo makes the cut. It got a really good reaction from the crowd IMO.
  • He was partially hidden, scene had a yellow hue/filter but his complexion was pale and the scarring was IMO more severe than Heath’s. I had me thinking “wow, what happened to this dude?” and something you’d suffer from chemical burns IMO.
  • Hair was messy/akin to the comics.
  • This was the comic panel that immediately came to mind when he popped up on screen:
3113-B653-E785-4-DE9-8-D20-B8-DC058-F7-A92.jpg

• WB probably has my apartment wired and monitored at this point.

Hope that quenches your thirst for now!

Sorry that I’ve been MIA for a while, duty calls. Here’s my thoughts on “you know who” a month later after the test screening I attended in the spoilers below:

• I’m Team Barry all the way. Hoping the cameo makes the cut. It got a really good reaction from the crowd IMO.
  • He was partially hidden, scene had a yellow hue/filter but his complexion was pale and the scarring was IMO more severe than Heath’s. I had me thinking “wow, what happened to this dude?” and something you’d suffer from chemical burns IMO.
  • This was the comic panel that immediately came to mind when he popped up on screen:

****ing awesome!

leebermejoart_258775319_691124171857377_3492131551091935911_n.jpg

Did it look anything like this?

can someone link the image from the mentioned comic panel? i can't see it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"