The Joker Thread - Part 1

If not a formal suit, I could see Keoghan's Joker running around in an outfit similar to this:

latest

Basically, a creepy vintage clown.
The image isn't showing up for me

Deleted my post.

Basically something like a vintage clown outfit, or something similar to what the character first wears in The Batman cartoon. Seeing as we are going for a "monster clown" aesthetic.

There’s no reason for Riddler to wear a suit. But there’s no rhyme or reason for anything Joker does so if he likes the style, it’ll fit him and this world.

these are incredible. especially the straightjacket turned into a suit. that's sick as hell
I'm obsessed with it. And I'm just now remembering that Joker in The Batman cartoon had a similar idea (a repurposed straight jacket).

There’s no reason for Riddler to wear a suit. But there’s no rhyme or reason for anything Joker does so if he likes the style, it’ll fit him and this world.
Exactly, they're two separate characters with different personalities and characterizations.

Riddler looking different DOES constitute this world's Joker also looking different but that doesn't mean he's gonna be wearing a super mundane or utilitarian getup. Semi-nice and colorful clothing exists.

Last edited:
Could you see this Joker having henchmen?

Has there ever been an adaptation of the Joker who *didn't* have henchmen? Romero had the standard 60s palookas, Nicholson had mob goons, Ledger had his crazy followers, Leto had gangsters, even Phoenix sort of had minions in the rioters. I'm also somewhat unable to see how an adaptation of the Joker could even work *without* henchmen, unless they decided to lean even harder into "he's basically just a serial killer" than TB did with Riddler.

Has there ever been an adaptation of the Joker who *didn't* have henchmen? Romero had the standard 60s palookas, Nicholson had mob goons, Ledger had his crazy followers, Leto had gangsters, even Phoenix sort of had minions in the rioters. I'm also somewhat unable to see how an adaptation of the Joker could even work *without* henchmen, unless they decided to lean even harder into "he's basically just a serial killer" than TB did with Riddler.

I was thinking that they might lean more into him being this nightmarish being than just a serial killer but with that same general idea.

In that sense I'd hope he has some kind of henchmen. I actually really liked their vibe in SS 2016, where they each have zany oddball costumes instead of just guys in clown masks. That just has more character IMO

Any universe that is tOo rEalIsTic to have Joker control a gang isn't a Batman universe. We literally just saw The Riddler inspire a bunch of internet trolls to dress up in matching outfits and attempt to commit mass murder after flooding the city. And, of course, a reclusive billionaire dresses up like a bat to fight crime and most everybody is chill with it.

Also, there is another option between "Joker controls the clown gang" vs "Joker has no involvement whatsoever"- it could be that the Joker *inspired* the clown gang. They might have little or no current contact, but they based their identity and activities in part on stuff the Joker did before getting arrested and imprisoned. He's their celebrity ideal, an icon rather than a commanding officer.

I was thinking that they might lean more into him being this nightmarish being than just a serial killer but with that same general idea.

In that sense I'd hope he has some kind of henchmen. I actually really liked their vibe in SS 2016, where they each have zany oddball costumes instead of just guys in clown masks. That just has more character IMO

Unless they lean into a quasi-supernatural slasher angle, "nightmarish being" is just 'serial killer with a particularly good roll on their Intimidate skill check'. *cough* Its still a dude who goes it alone, sneaks up on people, and then horribly kidnaps/tortures/murders them, for no rational reason.

With this interpretation of joker I'm genuinely excited to see where Reeves takes it. Personally I love what we've seen so far, and I've said before that audiences have become far too comfortable with the joker as a character. It's about time we had a truly nightmarish take that's genuinely frightening. I'm not saying that any of the other jokers we've had would be the type of character you would want to meet, but this new take is completely horrific.

Also with regard to henchmen or followers, I think joker works better with some type of support/gang, and it's pretty easy to explain how he would have a gang. Just look at the last few years, it's pretty easy to see that there are people with pretty extreme views. Convicted serial killers get 'fan mail' and marriage proposals!

They could even add an element of satire and make it part of the story that batman isn't just fighting the joker but public opinion (similar to the talking heads in the dark knight returns). Point is the possibilities are endless and it would be a shame if the joker is just used in a 2 dimensional way, yes he should be evil and could be a serial killer but its got to serve a larger purpose.

So now that we've all seen the movie, what do we think of this supposed Joker photo?

9acezi8h9c581.jpg

So now that we've all seen the movie, what do we think of this supposed Joker photo?

9acezi8h9c581.jpg
I really don't think that's him anymore. Granted, there's so little we see of this face in the photo but I don't think it's him.

Hope joker isnt or gets a really small role in the next film. The performance in the deleted scene was really cringe.

I just give my honest opinion on this film like everybody does.
Most are positive about this film thats okay i dont mind that, but im not the only one that has a more critical vision on the film.

Last edited:
Correct. But I don’t see you responding to ppl who ask you why you think this way. And it just comes off like “this sucks. Less staring and walking slow in the sequel. More action. Less detective work please. Less rain. This was boring. Gordon should speak differently” LOL. Strange criticisms, never an actual critique of the themes or plot.

Maybe you just want a clone of past Batman movies. Not really sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"