The Joker Thread - Part 1

That’s the thing with this interpretation. He hasn’t yet embraced “the clown prince of crime”. He has the green hair. He has the strange smile. So what would be missing to complete the transformation? The clown element. The wardrobe. I’m sure there will be a lightbulb that goes off while he’s in Arkham, and his whole style will be born out of that. I feel like if he was already on the streets as the Joker, the convenient costume you see from the Bermejo art would fit like a glove. But here, it seems like he’s about to become the Joker, so you need a dramatic entrance. Just throwing a plain trench coat over some clothes wouldn’t really feel that different now would it? Seems to me like he would actually get dressed up fancy , so the audience has that “ah-hah! Now THERE’S the Joker!” He wasn’t quite there yet before...but NOW it’s official”. It’s like with Catwoman. What’s stopping Selina from already being the fully formed Catwoman from the comics? I’d say it’s the cowl and maybe a slightly different design for the suit she wears. That mask will change and they’ll make sure it pops out when she returns to Gotham City.

I'm curious to see if he'll wear any makeup on top of his skin condition. He obviously has a Joker-ish look as is, but it could be incredibly creepy to see him slop on some makeup on top.

I'm curious to see if he'll wear any makeup on top of his skin condition. He obviously has a Joker-ish look as is, but it could be incredibly creepy to see him slop on some makeup on top.
I actually feel like makeup would go against the general vibe of this Joker. Half of the work is already done because he's looked like this his entire life; no need for face paint IMO.

He's already seemingly pale, dyes his hair, and already has this weird bruising around his mouth that's seemingly supposed to evoke the classic lipstick smile.

Although I may be biased against it just because I'm tired of the visual lol. Hell, if they wanted to they could just make his skin even lighter for the sequels.

I love the look on Jason Alexander's face when Larry David says that, like he knows he's being messed with.
My favourite part has always been the ever so slight raising of LD's eyebrows after he says it, as if challenging Jason Alexander to come back with something. :funny:

maybe this version of the joker is pale because he hardly shows himself out in the day due to his deformity.

he wants to hide.

and he only reveals himself at night. vampiric. like a nocturnal animal.
I'd prefer if he's just naturally pale as part of the skin condition or something like that.

I don't think him being ashamed of his appearance is appropriate for the character.

But it could be how he grew up. Until he learns how to use his deformity to his advantage. Embraces who he is.

But it could be how he grew up. Until he learns how to use his deformity to his advantage. Embraces who he is.
Well, yeah but he's making it sound like he hides out during the day as "The Joker" because he doesn't want people looking at him.

If that wasn't your intention Chintai then I apologize for misreading your suggestion.

Well, yeah but he's making it sound like he hides out during the day as "The Joker" because he doesn't want people looking at him.

If that wasn't your intention Chintai then I apologize for misreading your suggestion.

no worries.
i was thinking of what @shauner111 said.
he grew up hiding who he was due to his deformity - maybe due to how he was raised, neglectful parents, being abandoned, etc.
in a way it was almost a survival tactic.
but then he starts embracing it and using his physical and mental scars not to give hope but to take it away from people.
in opposition to the batman.

Probably just means the unnamed prisoner, as he is now, as he was...only comes out at night. And then who knows maybe once he becomes the Joker he’ll carry that through.

Probably just means the unnamed prisoner, as he is now, as he was...only comes out at night. And then who knows maybe once he becomes the Joker he’ll carry that through.
There's definitely some potential to push the "Boogeyman" angle with that concept but....at the same time, for now I'm iffy on that simply because I like the idea that he could pop up anywhere at any time of the day

Sorry if this question has already been asked. I thought the Joker, as we see him in Arkham with the Riddler, was not yet the Joker, Clown Prince of Crime because it was still early in his and Batman's story. But we also see gangs at the start of the film that seem to be painted in a jokerish manner, as to maybe suggest some sort of cult following a la in "Joker". Are they not linked?

Sorry if this question has already been asked. I thought the Joker, as we see him in Arkham with the Riddler, was not yet the Joker, Clown Prince of Crime because it was still early in his and Batman's story. But we also see gangs at the start of the film that seem to be painted in a jokerish manner, as to maybe suggest some sort of cult following a la in "Joker". Are they not linked?

I'm going to assume they're not, though it's hard to say for sure, especially as it's Halloween when we first see them, and it's not unusual that they'd be in makeup. But they don't read as a Joker cult, just more of a gang.

I'm going to assume they're not, though it's hard to say for sure, especially as it's Halloween when we first see them, and it's not unusual that they'd be in makeup. But they don't read as a Joker cult, just more of a gang.
Good point, thank you, Art.

Mike Marino’s current IG story shows a collection of face molds on the wall and it appears his Joker is on the lower right corner.

Probably played a part in his design. Honestly I was hoping we'd get the classic Red Hood / Ace Chemicals origin for Joker in a flashback to their first encounter. I'm sure Reeves would make it look stunning. In any case, I'm really curious to know how these two actually met.

Is that so much to ask for? I'd love to see this too for sure. I'm not really digging the look of Joker right now, pre-Joker or not... ah well, maybe it'll grow on me, if they go that route.

I'm pretty certain that MeatCanyon had a hand in the final design of Barry Keoghan's Joker. :hehe:

Mike Marino’s current IG story shows a collection of face molds on the wall and it appears his Joker is on the lower right corner.
It doesn't look 100% accurate to me though. It doesn't look as "lumpy" as the final product in the film does, specifically around the mouth

20220604_035341.jpg

20220603_032906.jpg

20220604_154535.jpg

It doesn't look 100% accurate to me though. It doesn't look as "lumpy" as the final product in the film does, specifically around the mouth

View attachment 56142

View attachment 56143

View attachment 56144

I'm not 100% sure but to my knowledge, molds for makeup prostheses are made from a face at rest, so I think what we see here is more of a "design research" sculpture, like a kind of "prototype". That would explain some differences with the final result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"