The Joker Thread - Part 1

A while back Mattson Tomlin shared some movies he was watching on his Twitter. And it was a lot of Noir spanning from the 40s to 70s. Watched a couple and noticed that they all featured a character breaking out from prison. I’m thinking this may have something to do with Joker potentially breaking out of Arkham in the sequel
Welcome back! I missed you on Twitter!

Matt Reeves is really going to flip the script by having Barry stay this ripped to play Joker.

Ripped Joker vs. toned Batman.

Might as well. Don't see how it could hurt.

Really hoping he doesn't look super bulky.

I don’t think I dislike the design but regardless of the reactions from the deleted scene do you think they’d do any sort of major redesign to the makeup?

I don’t think I dislike the design but regardless of the reactions from the deleted scene do you think they’d do any sort of major redesign to the makeup?
It might be refined a bit but I suspect the general design philosophy will stay the same. Still, Reeves gave himself enough wiggle room to change it if he chooses to do so. The only "canon" appearance of the character is the brief scene at the end of The Batman, and he is so heavily obscured that you can hardly see him anyway.

Last edited:
It might be toned down a little just because that design is so specifically meant to be disgusting in close-ups while also looking like traditional Joker through the murky glass but Reeves doesn't seem the type to bow to fan pressure. It isn't my favourite design at all but I still want him to keep it and trust his own judgment.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some tweaks happen. I think the fact that we never got a look at him in the actual film (and the fact that we never even got the full picture in the deleted scene) means that there’s some refinement that will probably happen before giving him a real showcase. I think his role in the first film being largely confined to a deleted scene does give them an out to make some changes if they choose to do so.

But I doubt it would be anything major. It’s not like they’ll throw away what they have and decide to give us Nicholson again.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some tweaks happen. I think the fact that we never got a look at him in the actual film (and the fact that we never even got the full picture in the deleted scene) means that there’s some refinement that will probably happen before giving him a real showcase. I think his role in the first film being largely confined to a deleted scene does give them an out to make some changes if they choose to do so.

But I doubt it would be anything major. It’s not like they’ll throw away what they have and decide to give us Nicholson again.
Right. If anything, it may be a slightly more refined, toned-down version of the chosen aesthetic.

Matt Reeves is really going to flip the script by having Barry stay this ripped to play Joker.

Ripped Joker vs. toned Batman.

Might as well. Don't see how it could hurt.
given the physicality of this Batman, I could see Joker being more of an equal on that level (in terms of fitness...) you want someone who's more apposing/ or looks like they could at least hold their own in a fight (this is not the type of Batman who is going to hold back against a weaker opponent, yet) so, if we got that "Skeletor" body type Joker, that looks like Batman could crush him with one punch, it wouldn't hold as much of a threat

we've seen, buffer Joker, before... like in the "Dark Knight Returns" run...
upload_2023-4-24_18-52-27.pngupload_2023-4-24_18-52-39.png

idk, even out of the suit those shoulders/neck looked pretty massive...
upload_2023-4-24_21-17-26.pngupload_2023-4-24_21-17-39.png

In animation, yeah. Its more clearly an exaggeration of a bulky 80s power suit in the comic. That being said Keoghan's size would evoke that for sure in the right outfit, I hope he stays big - there's something I love about Joker being this short, jacked little monster who can leap on and savage people like a goddamn chimpanzee.

TDKR suit would be a great fit for Keoghan. He needs some classy outfits, the design is cool but if you put him in anything grungey I think it becomes a bit too much.

Honestly I really like this outfit for Barry's Joker. You'd need to change the colors though; dusky blue jacket like in ASHOSE, make the shirt pink.

dsc-1611_2_orig.jpg

Honestly? I hope so. I'm all for experimenting with the Joker's look but I'm just not a fan of how he looked in TB so I'm hoping he does get sort of an overhaul look wise. I don't mind something darker and a bit spooky but I just feel like the current look just ain't it.

As for buff Joker, I'd be all for it. I've always wanted a version of Joker on film that's close to Joker from TDKR because that's always been one of my favorite looks for the character. So yeah, I'd be totally on board if they pushed this Joker in that direction.

More & more over the years Joker has been shown to be a very capable hand to hand combatant (as he should be) so why not go all out with it? No matter what it'll damn sure be better than tattooing "Damaged" on his forehead.

Seeing that Penguin’s makeup has been updated and that we never had a clear image of him on film, im pretty sure that adjustments will be made to Joker’s makeup.

I get that Matt was going for a Joker with a degenerative disease, but he looks more like an albino zombie. It would be nicer if his skin was more like Deadpool’s and didn’t have patches of hair. Joker doesn’t need to look like a monster to look scary. More like a vampire. Like Lestat in Interview with the Vampire, but with a bit of mouth scarring and a short messy widows peak.
IMG_2179.jpeg

I'm sure the adjustments made won't be that drastic. Penguin's makeup wasn't so I doubt Joker's will.

Theoretically they could dial back Jokers look, because the bonus scene wasn't featured in the actual film. And his scene that was there was somewhat obscured. I'm sure they won't change it. But they could tweak it if they felt necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"