Inhumans The Ken Leung is Karnak Thread

Two questions for who saw it yet.
For his characterization how much if any inspiration did they take from Warren Ellis' Karnak run?
I know it's just two episodes, but could you picture this version of Karnak transitioning into Agents of Shield?

Two questions for who saw it yet.
For his characterization how much if any inspiration did they take from Warren Ellis' Karnak run?
I know it's just two episodes, but could you picture this version of Karnak transitioning into Agents of Shield?
He comes off like an autistic nihilist who is loyal to Black Bolt, but bad with people in general. To give an example in the first episode:

A cute waitress serving him dinner starts giving him a flirty look. Then Karnak goes into a monologue about how they'd be hot and heavy after the first date, but then by the second day, Karnak would get sick of her and her various ticks and quirks, which would make him want to kill her. All the while Gorgon is like, "do you believe what you're saying right now?" Karnak's like, "Are you kidding me? This is my gift."

His powers are characterized as he can see all the different outcomes and possibilities of a given situation, and he's running all the variables and potential outcomes through his head.

I thought his power was just that he could locate the weak spot in any object.

They've long since expanded his powers to see the flaws in everything - including people. That scene is him seeing the flaws in a planned combat strategy. I don't think it was well-handled (I liked the earlier scene with the waitress/servant, though).

Seems more Midnighter than Karnak, but I would be almost ok with that.

He's got the sort of nihilistic attitude of Karnak, particularly the Ellis run. That being said, it feels very subtle/undercooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"