• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Inhumans The Isabelle Cornish is Crystal Thread

After watching Only Lovers Left Alive... They need to get Mia Wasikowska.
aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRjIuYnAuYmxvZ3Nwb3QuY29tJTJGLVBobXNrZEJEWmNJJTJGVTgxajZhVmhMdkklMkZBQUFBQUFBQVZBMCUyRjBhYjlfOG9iWjIwJTJGczE2MDAlMkZpbnRlcnZpZXctZmFzaGlvbnRvZ3JhcGh5LW1pYS0wMS5qcGc=

I've always found Crystal too be the most "human" and relateable of the Inhumans. In past stories, she used to get a lot of focus, but in more recent ones, she hasn't been seen and Medusa is taking center stage. That being said, do you want Medusa or Crystal to be the 'protagonist' of the Inhumans movie? I think Crystal should, and it could make for a fun change of pace from the other MCU movies.

I think Crystal could be. She doesn't need to be the "main" actress as such or the one first listed in the credits. But she could be like Skye in AOS who is the POV character. She only comes after Ming Na, who is listed 2nd after Clark Gregg. Agent May, however, is more of a stiff agent and far less relatable than Crystal, and maybe more similar to how Medusa could be.

So yeah, I'd see Crystal as the Skye of the Inhumans, except of course that she would be an Inhuman herself and not an outsider discovering the world along with the audience.

But of course, since Skye herself is now revealed to be an Inhuman and she is in fact an outsider, she could actually be the POV character if they used her in the movie. She would be the one discovering more about her heritage and wondering what is this alien world she's experiencing. Crystal could be the one to befriend her, whereas Medusa might be more of the remote queen who maintains her distance and doesn't put up with Skye at first.

Crystal needs to be more of a naive ingenue type. My personal pick is Imogene Poots.
crystal.jpg

I'd be fine with Poots as Crystal.

I've always found Crystal too be the most "human" and relateable of the Inhumans. In past stories, she used to get a lot of focus, but in more recent ones, she hasn't been seen and Medusa is taking center stage. That being said, do you want Medusa or Crystal to be the 'protagonist' of the Inhumans movie? I think Crystal should, and it could make for a fun change of pace from the other MCU movies.

I personally would choose Medusa. She's more of a mover and shaker as well as the 'voice' of Black Bolt. A Crystal-led Inhumans film would probably hit some of the same story beats and character roles as Thor, where the focus is on the Princes and the King and Queen are more distant, supporting characters. Medusa and Black Bolt being the leads would be different.

Last edited:
Whats the deal with her? i havent kept up with the Inhumans in the books but apparently i read that Marvel has been ignoring her. Outside of an appearance in All New X-factor, she apparently has been omitted from most Inhuman storylines, not appearing in the current ongoing or being side by side with the royal family. Speculation is that Fox has the rights to her for FF, hence why Marvel is downplaying and not doing anything to give her exposure. Any truth to that? Would be a shame if she doesnt appear in this film

Whats the deal with her? i havent kept up with the Inhumans in the books but apparently i read that Marvel has been ignoring her. Outside of an appearance in All New X-factor, she apparently has been omitted from most Inhuman storylines, not appearing in the current ongoing or being side by side with the royal family. Speculation is that Fox has the rights to her for FF, hence why Marvel is downplaying and not doing anything to give her exposure. Any truth to that? Would be a shame if she doesnt appear in this film

Avi Arad made some pretty bad deals back in the 90s, but I doubt he would have hobbled the Inhunans franchise in order for FOX to have one of Johnny's many girlfriends. Hopefully it's not true.

She'd make a nice Crystal. Perfect look and age.

Avi Arad made some pretty bad deals back in the 90s, but I doubt he would have hobbled the Inhunans franchise in order for FOX to have one of Johnny's many girlfriends. Hopefully it's not true.

Back in the 90s when these deals were made, I don't think anyone would have predicted that the Inhumans would ever even get a film. I highly doubt there was serious consideration into what it could do to an Inhumans franchise

Last edited:
How about getting Kate Winslet for Medusa? Imogen Poots looks like a younger version of her and they could look like they're believably sisters.

I think Crystal should have a naive wholesome quality.

I definitely wouldn't mind Imogen Poots. How about Gabriella Wilde?

80d589c4f603411a2715e1152367bf64.jpg

At the time the first Fox FF movie was made I thought Jessica Alba would have been a better Crystal than Sue - but that ship has sailed...

Katherine McNamara would be a good choice for Crystal.

Katherine_McNamara_2014_(cropped).jpg

How about getting Kate Winslet for Medusa? Imogen Poots looks like a younger version of her and they could look like they're believably sisters.

Imogen Poots as Crystal and Aaron Taylor Johnson as Quicksilver. It has been decided.

tumblr_m8u3umdDEL1qmahxv.gif

I always thought Jessica Alba was better suited for Crystal than Sue - Kirby always drew her with slightly exotic eyes and Alba seemed to fit that bill...

So I've picked up All New Inhumans, and I have to say I love how Soule and Asmus are portraying Crystal right now. I can only hope that when the movie comes around, they pull more from this comic or War/Realm of Kings than earlier ones.

Emma Watson Hermione Granger herself being cast as Crystal

So I've picked up All New Inhumans, and I have to say I love how Soule and Asmus are portraying Crystal right now. I can only hope that when the movie comes around, they pull more from this comic or War/Realm of Kings than earlier ones.

I couldn't agree more. I do hope they do her justice, as sheś my second favorite Inhuman.

Based on the thread choice's I vote Imogene Poots. I would like Crystal to have that innocent girl next door quality, but with the potential to wreck ***** if she gets mad. She's a solid actress. Probably the best thing in that $hi++y Need for speed movie and she was pretty good in Fright Night too.

Honorable mention to Katherine McNamara. Don't know who she is, but I like her look.

In that picture, Crystal looks like she is wearing nothing but bodypaint and gloves.

Seems liked the artist took a naked bikini/fitness model as reference, and forgotten to draw clothes on her lol.

Based on the thread choice's I vote Imogene Poots. I would like Crystal to have that innocent girl next door quality, but with the potential to wreck ***** if she gets mad. She's a solid actress. Probably the best thing in that $hi++y Need for speed movie and she was pretty good in Fright Night too.

Honorable mention to Katherine McNamara. Don't know who she is, but I like her look.

Seems liked the artist took a naked bikini/fitness model as reference, and forgotten to draw clothes on her lol.

:up: Yes to Imogen Poots as Crystal. And if they got Kate Winslet as Medusa, they would look related.

But this might be all moot if the Inhumans aren't even on the cards anytime in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"