Inhumans The Iwan Rheon is Maximus Thread

Iwan Rheon cast
Prominent actor Iwan Rheon (“Game of Thrones”) has been cast in the lead role of Maximus in the “Marvel’s Inhumans” television series. “Marvel’s Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family. In the series, Maximus is a clever and charming Inhuman that is fiercely devoted to the people of Attilan, especially his brother, the King – although he harbors an intense desire to wear the crown himself.
It was previously announced that a version of the first two episodes of the new ABC series will premiere exclusively in IMAX® theatres for a two-week window in September 2017, prior to the network run.

“Marvel’s Inhumans”, which follows a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe.

“Iwan’s ability to be charming, roguish, and still completely unexpectedly dangerous were all the different sides we needed to bring the character to life. We’re thrilled to have him on board,” said Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television and Executive Producer.

Added executive producer and showrunner, Scott Buck “Maximus is a complex character. Likable, charming, tragic and villainous all in the same moment, and I’m very excited to have someone of Iwan’s considerable talent.”

“Marvel’s Inhumans” is executive produced by Scott Buck (“Dexter,” “Marvel’s Iron Fist”) along with Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Marvel’s Jessica Jones,” “Marvel’s Luke Cage”) and Jim Chory (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Marvel’s Jessica Jones,” “Marvel’s Luke Cage”) with Buck serving as showrunner. Roel Reine (“The Delivery,” “Black Sails”) will direct the first two episodes. The series is co-produced by Marvel Television and ABC Studios.

https://news.marvel.com/tv/60095/iwan-rheon-set-key-role-marvels-inhumans-series-abc/

Is Iwan Rheon good enough for this role?

Iwan-Rheon-228x300.jpg

dated 12.28.14...
You win a huge no-prize for this one!

This is fantastic casting. Maybe this can now steer us toward who will play his brother Blackagar.

Good to finally get some casting news. Can a mod change the title to Iwan Rheon is Maximus soon?

Well it probably rolls of the tongue more easily if you put "Marvel's" in front of it than "Marvel's The Inhumans."

And here is a comparison photo

800.jpg

Now don't go and give him a different hairstyle like they've done with Jon Bernthal, whose real life hair is more Punisher-like than any of his hairstyles in his Punisher appearances.

YES YES. :woot:
He's gonna be awesome for this role.

Is he likely to be more the main character than Blackbolt, who is unlikely to have many lines?

And what's the likelihood he's going to try to seduce Medusa or Crystal?

Is he likely to be more the main character than Blackbolt, who is unlikely to have many lines?

I would expect Medusa, Black Bolt and Maximus would be co-leads.

I enjoyed him in Game Of Thrones and Misfits.

Save Me Barry!

Oh man, this great casting, he is perfect for Maximus, though I hope he isn't the main character as the report states.

If this were a big budget movie on the big screen, I wouldn't have minded someone like Joaquin Phoenix in the role.

Anyway, I hope we get more calibre actors cast. Elysia Rotaru as Medusa doesn't sound too promising. She's okay in what she's done, but I don't really see her as such a strong lead. Would anyone say she's on the level of Iwan Rheon for those who know?

I am very happy with this casting announcement.

Ooo how I hated him on Game of Thrones. He is a fantastic actor, if the writing is good he will be hated once again.

Well Maximus had a thing with Medusa in the comics, like at one point he kissed Medusa like in a very disrespecful way so it won't surprise me if that happens in this show.

Well Maximus had a thing with Medusa in the comics, like at one point he kissed Medusa like in a very disrespecful way so it won't surprise me if that happens in this show.

He might try to spy on her when she's in her bikini or surfboard in Hawaii.

Well I don't think he's that malicious but who knows, he might have a thing for women with really Long hair.

This show is on ABC not HBO. I don't think they will do stuff like that.

Have you seen Scandal, Quantico, American Crime and How to Get Away with Murder? It's not a kid network.

Have you seen Scandal, Quantico, American Crime and How to Get Away with Murder? It's not a kid network.

Its still a Marvel show on ABC not HBO or Netflix. It will be pg 13 Games of Thrones in space and that's fine.

I'm fine with the casting. Obviously, Maximus isn't as depraved as Ramsay Bolton, but he is at times very unhinged. He's called Maximus the Mad for a reason.

Its still a Marvel show on ABC not HBO or Netflix. It will be pg 13 Games of Thrones in space and that's fine.

You know which issue of the inhumans I was talking about right? That forceful kiss would easily pass the Pg13 rating.

And I don't see what's so R rated about Inhumans that some stuff would only be okay to air on HBO and Netflix and not ABC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"