Inhumans The Iwan Rheon is Maximus Thread

cherokeesam

SHIELD Director Coulson
Reaction score
maximus_zps76078d86.jpg

Discuss news, rumors, speculation and casting for Maximus Boltagon, aka Maximus the Mad; Black Bolt's younger brother, as well as his sworn enemy. This villain is a supergenius as well as a powerful telepath who almost always gets his way through mind control and manipulation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximus_(comics)

I wonder if marvel will go straight to making Maximus the bad guy in this? They tend to like using a lower level villian at first so we get used to the heroes personalities first and then save the big guys for the sequel.

Whoever they get to play Maximus I really hope he gets a scene with Tom hiddlestons loki because that would be epic

Maximise is THE Inhumans villain, so I imagine he'll be the protagonist. As for who to play him, how about Hugh Dancy, best known for playing Will Graham in Hannibal?

Hmm... I'll be very interested to see how they cast this movie and if they skew younger on it. I think Robert Knepper would play Maximus brilliantly - his time on Prison Break alone shows that he has the range to play the part. I love his performance on that show and think he's deserving of a featured villain role in a blockbuster film.

I usually imagine Maximus as being a bit younger than knapper though. Dancy is an interesting choice.

So would matt smith

Harry Lloyd from Game Of Thrones, Manhattan, The Iron Lady & Doctor Who might make a good Maximus.

I wonder if marvel will go straight to making Maximus the bad guy in this? They tend to like using a lower level villian at first so we get used to the heroes personalities first and then save the big guys for the sequel.

Whoever they get to play Maximus I really hope he gets a scene with Tom hiddlestons loki because that would be epic

Actually, they only did that with Iron Man. Otherwise, Thor got Loki in Round 1; Cap got Red Skull and HYDRA; Hulk got Abomination and Thunderbolt Ross; Guardians got Thanos (even if he's behind the scenes); it looks like Panther gets Klaw; etc. Even the non-MS Marvel films followed suit --- Spidey got Goblin in his first movie; the X-Men got Magneto and the Brotherhood; Ghost Rider got Blackheart; Daredevil got Kingpin (twice) and Bullseye; the FF got Doom(ed), right out of the gate, etc.

Hmm... I'll be very interested to see how they cast this movie and if they skew younger on it. I think Robert Knepper would play Maximus brilliantly - his time on Prison Break alone shows that he has the range to play the part. I love his performance on that show and think he's deserving of a featured villain role in a blockbuster film.

He'd be a cool choice.

Just looking at the picture of Maximus, David Tennant came to mind for me. I have no idea why, but I think it would be fun.

He'd be a cool choice.

Just looking at the picture of Maximus, David Tennant came to mind for me. I have no idea why, but I think it would be fun.

If they were willing to go older, or he were willing to dye his hair, I think Peter Capaldi would be more like that picture and has a slightly mad look.

he has to be a crazy scene-stealing kind of guy, he can be a big deal down the road

kinda how hiddleston was in the thor movies, even waltz in inglorious basterds

has to be a guy who just chews on scenery but kinda "flows" for lack of a better word

Maximus has quickly become of my fave Marvel Universe villains. From his appearances in seminal miniseries The Inhumans, to War of Kings and its Guardians of the Galaxy tie-ins, to his small role in Infinity, to his recent stint in Inhuman, it seems every time he appears he steals scenes. He's a fascinating character, and I love how he strikes a balance between being genuinely unbalanced and disturbed to a point where he almost invokes sympathy, and being calculatingly evil and quite awful and hateful, while also being funny at times too.

I think he needs to be another actor of the stature of Hiddleston or Cumberbatch. None of these lightweights like Michael Pitt.

I think he needs to be another actor of the stature of Hiddleston or Cumberbatch. None of these lightweights like Michael Pitt.

Lol what?

Hiddleston was not a big name before Thor so he didn't possess stature.

Marvel can make a 'lightweight' into a big star as they've shown several times so I don't think going for an A-lister automatically is the greatest idea.

Lol what?

Hiddleston was not a big name before Thor so he didn't possess stature.

Marvel can make a 'lightweight' into a big star as they've shown several times so I don't think going for an A-lister automatically is the greatest idea.

I never said anything about A-listers. Did you see that in my post? So there's nothing automatic about that.

Hiddleston was a stage trained actor and already had a certain gravitas. I haven't seen that in Michael Pitt, hence why I referred to him as lightweight.

Michael Pitt is a freaking great actor, capable of both subtle nuance in the likes of Boardwalk Empire and total bonkers villainy as seen with his Mason Verger in Hannibal. He's not my first choice for the role, but he'd be great in the part if he got it.

Wouldn't mind Joaquin Phoenix for something like this.

Michael Pitt is a freaking great actor, capable of both subtle nuance in the likes of Boardwalk Empire and total bonkers villainy as seen with his Mason Verger in Hannibal. He's not my first choice for the role, but he'd be great in the part if he got it.
pitt has a reputation as a bad worker

he got fired from boardwalk and he just quit hannibal out of the blue

I don't know if I want him as the main villain. The dynamic might be too similar to Thor and Loki. Maybe have him as a morally dubious character who helps the other Inhuman royal family members, but creeps them out at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"