Inhumans The Anson Mount is Black Bolt Thread

The prospect of Cullen Bohannon and Ramsay Bolton as arch-enemies (and brothers) in a Marvel production is just about as good as it gets. I just hope this one skews more towards Marvel's Netflix shows than it does toward SHIELD (even though it is essentially a spinoff of SHIELD). Then again, Agent Carter was (sort-of) a SHIELD spinoff and I loved that, so this might really be awesome.

Now we just need Thor Gundersen to show up in a Marvel film or series. Preferably as a big bad.

What's wrong about AOS? Right now it's probably the most consistent network cb show.

Like someone else said, you would never think of Anson for the role but now that it's happened, it's actually perfect.

Anson Mount switched his Twitter profile picture to a minimalist design of Black Bolt's mask

C6Hkf6MUYAAIKSh.jpg

He's a huge Marvel fan, cool to see he's going all out for his character.

Anson Mount switched his Twitter profile picture to a minimalist design of Black Bolt's mask

C6Hkf6MUYAAIKSh.jpg

I hope he actually gets that head mask and not that he gets his hopes up for that but just ends up with a tattoo of that tuning fork on his chest instead.

What's wrong about AOS? Right now it's probably the most consistent network cb show.

The sad thing is that's not saying much at all
After strong starts for so many of the current cbtv shows, they all went down hill quite quickly

Seasons 1 of Arrow and Flash both got a ton of love, and those shows are now cheesy bulls**t
Legends of Tomorrow started off as cheesy bulls**t
Gotham started and has remained weird, and it's actually why that one has held a bit steadier than the others
And I've never watched Supergirl so idk on that one

Agent Carter had one good season and then turned into a cheesy, heavy-handed feminist psa
So yeah, I guess AoS's more mild ups and downs do make it more consistently 'decent' than any other cb show

Last edited:
The acting of that show is just poor and a lot of characters talk the same and for a Marvel property, the characters aren't just exciting and interesting.

Something like Black Bolt's alternate look from Marvel Heroes 2016 might work.

Store_BlackBolt_ANAD.png

Something like Black Bolt's alternate look from Marvel Heroes 2016 might work.

Store_BlackBolt_ANAD.png

But we'll probably get something like this instead

1000px-Nor.jpg

:o

The acting of that show is just poor and a lot of characters talk the same and for a Marvel property, the characters aren't just exciting and interesting.

It's fine for you to have a different opinion, but you don't need to state it as an objective fact. I think the acting ranges between fine and quite good and I'm invested in the story and plot. You don't need to go out of your way to insult it by framing your subjective opinion as fact.

I wish they'd kept black bolts tuning fork tiara, it would have gone a long way towards improving the costume.

Its pretty obvious that I was speaking for myself since someone asked why people don't like Aos. And quote my post where I said its a fact?

Black Bolt's costume, if that is indeed what this is, is a bit disappointing but perhaps this isn't his full outfit. Although if I'm being honest, I'm not sure how good a faithful BB costume would look onscreen. Even in the comics (depending on who is drawing him) he can look kinda silly IMO.

Fox probably thought that about Dr Doom, which is why we got trashbag crash dummy Doom in FFINO, and people said it probably wasn't the final look.

I think Blackbolt's classic costume could look cool on film. It just takes a designer with the right amount of creativity and vision, and a director/ showrunner to also catch the vision.

Yeah, that's true. I don't know. I mean, a lot of the MCU costumes have been very faithful but they've also made a lot of tweaks to the costumes to make them look more practical and less silly. But I agree; Doom's look in FFINO was flat-out awful. It looked worse than Julien McMahon's Doom costume and I didn't think it could get any worse than that.

Does the tuning fork provide a purpose in regards to his powers, or is there just to look "cool" by 1960s standards?

Does the tuning fork provide a purpose in regards to his powers, or is there just to look "cool" by 1960s standards?

Helps him control and channel his powers.

I think they will probably make Black Bolt less powerful than he is in the comics. In the old comics Black Bolts powers tended to be whatever the writer felt like giving him that week. He can fly, create force fields, create energy blasts, telepathy, telekinesis and power up his strength level. Those powers where on top of him being the strongest, fastest, most agile and durable inhuman.

Well, it's Jack Kirby, so the answer to both is "yes." But it's stated in the comics that it's used to absorb electrons to power him up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"