Inhumans The Iwan Rheon is Maximus Thread

This show is on ABC not HBO. I don't think they will do stuff like that.

Revenge was on ABC, and there was plenty of that sort of stuff.

Well Maximus had a thing with Medusa in the comics, like at one point he kissed Medusa like in a very disrespecful way so it won't surprise me if that happens in this show.

I wouldn't mind if they skipped Maximus creepy obsession with Medusa.

I wouldn't mind if they skipped Maximus creepy obsession with Medusa.

I don't see how they can completely skip out on that. You'd have scenes of Maximus trying to convince Medusa that she should join his cause and that Blackbolt can't satisfy her properly because he can't speak or open his mouth.

I think it adds more layer to Maximus, so yes please to that creepy obsession. They shouldn't hold back.

Behind every great man, is a less adequate man trying to undermine him to his wife.

Maximus has the potential to really insult Blackbolt or make all kinds of accusations, and he can't even reply in his defence but must suffer in silence.

Maximus has the potential to really insult Blackbolt or make all kinds of accusations, and he can't even reply in his defence but must suffer in silence.

Your making me imagine Black Bolt responding to some suitably great threat with his voice. . . but saying completely undignified stuff. Like destroying a Kree fleet by reciting a couple of "Why did the chicken cross the road?" jokes.

I guess this means Sansa is lined up to play Medusa?! ;P

I hope Iwan doesn't do a dodgy American accent. Keep the the Welsh/British twang please.

This may be the most perfect casting in the MCU. Imo this is even more perfect than RDJ or Chris Evans.

Although i have my doubts about this show, i'm really looking forward to seeing Maximus. The casting is indeed spot on.

So, what does everyone think of his performance?

Being only familiar with the MCU and not the original comics, I was hoping for a more noble villain who really cared about eliminating the caste system rather than one whose ulterior motive was to become a super inhuman. He's becoming cliche more than multi dimensional.

So, what does everyone think of his performance?

Being only familiar with the MCU and not the original comics, I was hoping for a more noble villain who really cared about eliminating the caste system rather than one whose ulterior motive was to become a super inhuman. He's becoming cliche more than multi dimensional.

Well from what I know in the comics he's referred to as "Maximus the Mad". He's intelligent and conniving but also unhinged. He's more like a sociopath, doesn't have empathy or care about anything other than his own ambition. You can clearly see the threads of that and something potentially interesting but the show is so butchered in execution it's just wasted.

The actor was doing his best to portray that, but with the script and editing it's just a lost cause.

Well from what I know in the comics he's referred to as "Maximus the Mad". He's intelligent and conniving but also unhinged. He's more like a sociopath, doesn't have empathy or care about anything other than his own ambition.

Now I understand the character a bit better. He reminds me of Loki with ambitions for a throne and adoration but carrying a lot of past baggage.

Well from what I know in the comics he's referred to as "Maximus the Mad". He's intelligent and conniving but also unhinged. He's more like a sociopath, doesn't have empathy or care about anything other than his own ambition. You can clearly see the threads of that and something potentially interesting but the show is so butchered in execution it's just wasted.

The actor was doing his best to portray that, but with the script and editing it's just a lost cause.

I appreciated that he seemed to come unhinged towards the end. I was hoping for a secondary Terrigenesis that pushed him over the edge.

I thought he did a very good job for the story they were trying to tell, particularly since he wasn't given a lot to work with (he didn't really even get to play off the main cast that much). The only complaint is his accent slipped a couple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"