• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Inhumans The Serinda Swan is Medusa Thread

cherokeesam

SHIELD Director Coulson
Reaction score
medusa_zps5d8113e2.jpg

Discuss news, rumors, speculation and casting for Medusalith Amaquelin Boltagon, aka Medusa, wife of Black Bolt and queen of the Inhumans. She can control and animate her vast red mane of hair to perform an infinite variety of tasks, including use as a lethal weapon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medusa_(comics)

Yeah me too.

I hope they make her really sassy like a diva. Like a full on madonna type diva.

I hope they get cate Blanchett to play her

Jessica Chastain

Blanchett would be awesome too, of course.

Make her the badass take charge leader/queen like she is in the current Inhumans comic. A leader so formidable that even Captain America shows her deference. Oh and she'd probably be the main character of the movie, since BB cannot talk and she's essentially his voice. As for casting, Jessica Chastain, that is all.

Jessica Chastain is amazing and I'd love that casting, but I do wonder if they're gonna skew younger with both her and Black Bolt.

Medusa is one of my favorite characters I would love for Jessica Chastain to be cast, I think her and Black Bolt need to have top notch actors behind them

Yup, Chastain :up: This may be more up her alley then Captain Marvel. Assuming she had a choice.

Medusa was always the most interesting member of the Inhumans' royal family to me. I hope she gets a great portrayal. It's neat to know that the Inhumans are becoming part of the MCU.

Since Black Bolt can't talk, she's basically got to be the main character. Although I suppose they could make it Crystal.

Yeah, I think it'll be one or the other. The cast probably will have a bit more of an ensemble feel, though. To me, Medusa is the stronger character than Crystal, but Crystal is more likely to serve as a bridge to our world. Either way, essentially a female lead.

Kate Winslet. Believable as a sexy Queen.

Every time i see Jessica Chastain suggested for Carol Danvers i think: "No get her for Medusa damn it."

I could see her as Carol Danvers as well but i feel there are more options for that role than for Medusa so I'd much rather have her as the latter.

+ I wonder how an A-list actress will deal with having this somewhat silly superpower? Probably won't put as much weight into that as to the "royal" part of the role...?

Yeah, and get her a better outfit. The one posted above just wouldn't work in live-action, and her current comic book one probably wouldn't either.

Jessica Chastain was just on the BBC One show again voicing her desire to play a superhero or villain. She says her requests are to play someone with a costume and powers who have at least one fight scene in the movie.

Jessica Chastain was just on the BBC One show again voicing her desire to play a superhero or villain. She says her requests are to play someone with a costume and powers who have at least one fight scene in the movie.

She's absolutely right to have those qualifiers. I really hope she plays captain marvel though and not medusa or mera.

My she is so popular on the hype! She's become like the woman idris Elba or benedict cumberbatch!

Kate Winslet. Believable as a sexy Queen.

Oh wow yes that's another good choice. Actually it might even be my favourite so far besides Blanchett

+ I wonder how an A-list actress will deal with having this somewhat silly superpower? Probably won't put as much weight into that as to the "royal" part of the role...?

It's not silly and if it is it's only silly in the sense that all superpowers are silly

Actresses must spend forever getting their hair done. This would probably be the superpower most could relate to.

People keep suggesting these two for Carol Danvers, but I think either Charlize Theron or Jessica Chastain would better better for Medusa. They would also have the more regal presence. If you get them for Carol, who are you going to get with that air of authority for Medusa?

Jessica Chastain would be good. But by the time casting comes around someone new might be on the radar.

I just thought of someone. Katia Winter from Sleepy Hollow.

I said this on another thread: now that I think about it, Emily Blunt might also be better for Medusa as well. She has that air of sophistication needed for a queen, a British accent to add some weight to it and also looks more like the character than Carol. She also looks better with darker hair, of which I hope Medusa has a more Auburn tint rather than ginger.

Let her be Medusa and let someone else be Carol. That way you'd get two potentiality good castings rather than just one.

I said this on another thread: now that I think about it, Emily Blunt might also be better for Medusa as well. She has that air of sophistication needed for a queen, a British accent to add some weight to it and also looks more like the character than Carol. She also looks better with darker hair, of which I hope Medusa has a more Auburn tint rather than ginger.

Let her be Medusa and let someone else be Carol. That way you'd get two potentiality good castings rather than just one.
With all this love of Emily Blunt being cast as every female character to come
down the pike ; lets cast her as Uato the watcher in GOTG-2. She'd KILL it.
She has a place in the Marvel universe. As Carol; NO.

I just got through watching (and LOVING THE HOLY HELL OUT OF!!) Maleficent.

If Jessica Chastain, my no. 1 for Carol Danvers or any other character, isn't up for Medusa, may I request Angelina Jolie? Because damn. DAMN. She rocked Maleficent like whoa!

I know, I know… she may be a pipe dream, but I do not care. ;)

I just got through watching (and LOVING THE HOLY HELL OUT OF!!) Maleficent.

If Jessica Chastain, my no. 1 for Carol Danvers or any other character, isn't up for Medusa, may I request Angelina Jolie? Because damn. DAMN. She rocked Maleficent like whoa!

I know, I know… she may be a pipe dream, but I do not care. ;)

Well that's part of why I'd like Charlize Theron for Medusa. She has the queen thing down already and would give that regal air of authority needed for the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"