Inhumans The Ken Leung is Karnak Thread

Diego Luna

original-grid-image-32644-1381267944-6.jpg

He was really good in Rogue One. My choice is Pedro Pascal but I wouldn't have a problem with this at all.

Yeah, I just saw Rogue One. If they could get him, that would be a steal.

Marvel’s Inhumans casts Ken Leung as Karnak

Another member of the Inhumans royal family has been cast: Ken Leung (Lost, The Night Shift) has been added as Karnak,the cousin and closest advisor to Black Bolt (Anson Mount).
From ABC: “His gift is an ability to see the fault in all things – people, plans, structures, everything. He’s Black Bolt’s most ardent supporter and strategist and is often seen as the royal family’s planner and philosopher.”
“Ken brings both a wisdom and a power to the role that no one else could match,” said executive producer Jeph Loeb. “His Karnak will be awesome.”
Adds showrunner Scott Buck: “Ken Leung has a great natural intelligence that reads clearly and will add depth and complexity to the very complicated character of Karnak.”
In addition to Leung and Mount, Iwan Rheon (Game of Thrones) will portray Maximus, and Serinda Swan (Ballers) will play Medusa.
Marvel’s Inhumans comes to ABC this fall.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/02/marvels-inhumans-ken-leung-karnak/

I don't know this actor at all. He better have that helmet though.

keep the helmet far away. Some things are way tooo goofy. I want this look instead.
latest

keep the helmet far away. Some things are way tooo goofy. I want this look instead.
latest

No thanks. I've seen this guy plenty of times in the street. I'm sure most people here have worn a hoodie and jeans as well.

These are the Inhumans royal family and I hope they have no contemporary fashion cues.

These are the Inhumans royal family and I hope they have no contemporary fashion cues.

Yep.

Otherwise look, here's Karnak:

overcoat-hoodie-crew-neck-t-shirt-original-5084.jpg

Or here:

47aa0f2d243b347125631ae542b1727c.jpg

Or here:

stock-photo-man-is-playing-electric-guitar-musician-performer-wearing-hoodie-and-jeans-is-jamming-on-his-376908541.jpg

Or here even:

TIARA_101_Unit_014040R.jpeg

:o

This series can just be about Iwan Rheon and Ken Leung insulting each other verbally and it would be awesome.

Well you'd think that Karnak should be hyper critical and know how to spot someone's weakness or insecurity to best insult them where it hurts.

I don't know if they should make him quite sharp-tongued though, or whether he just has a quiet calm and picks his moments when needed in order to strike.

Well you'd think that Karnak should be hyper critical and know how to spot someone's weakness or insecurity to best insult them where it hurts.

That's his power and his burden. The man has no filter.

That's his power and his burden. The man has no filter.

So I'm expecting Leung to play him like a complete a-hole and to be very acid-tongued, much like how James Woods was in the "Shark" TV series.

Eh. He's one of my least favorite actors from Lost. He was alright though in X3. I don't like this casting.

And yes,no to that hoodie jacket. I don't want Karnak with that angsty emo look.

Love it, another inspired choice. Not as inspired as Anson, but good job.

I'd go for something more like his Marvel Knights costume

77308-8576-karnak.jpg

But with the more simple facial tattoos (and smaller forehead) of his current appearance

standard_incredible.jpg

I'm not sure whether I would prefer his classic mustache or his current unshaved look. Maybe start with the first and at some point change to the latter in a later season.

I don't think he should have the helmet, except for maybe on special occasions or something.

Likely a mixture of some sort, but I want some Kirby cues in this.

I definitely want Kirby cues in this. Some might argue that Kirby's designs might not work at all these days, but that's what made them stand out.

Marvel should set the tone rather than following whatever tone is accepted by everyone else.

Yes please! Kirby centric designs all the way.

Definitely. This should be operatic in every sense of the word.

If they get rid of the Kirby designs, then Triton will probably just wear a green sharkskin wetsuit and Gorgon will have horse riding boots instead of horse hooves. I bet some will be perfectly okay with that.

I can't see them going with the helmet unless it's just something he wears in battle. Just looking at the past MCU productions, they tend to prefer having the characters not be wearing masks or helmets unless it's for fight stuff. Not like the comics where the characters will just casually be in full costume all the time, even when just lounging around Avengers Mansion.

I'd go for something more like his Marvel Knights costume

77308-8576-karnak.jpg

But with the more simple facial tattoos (and smaller forehead) of his current appearance

standard_incredible.jpg

I'm not sure whether I would prefer his classic mustache or his current unshaved look. Maybe start with the first and at some point change to the latter in a later season.

I don't think he should have the helmet, except for maybe on special occasions or something.

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting.

If they get rid of the Kirby designs, then Triton will probably just wear a green sharkskin wetsuit and Gorgon will have horse riding boots instead of horse hooves.

Actually, no, we've already seen them doing more outlandish Inhuman appearances on SHIELD.

latest

4891744-0046743346-lashf.jpg

latest

I can't see them going with the helmet unless it's just something he wears in battle. Just looking at the past MCU productions, they tend to prefer having the characters not be wearing masks or helmets unless it's for fight stuff. Not like the comics where the characters will just casually be in full costume all the time, even when just lounging around Avengers Mansion.

That's fine as long as we see it and the characters aren't all in black leather as Fox would do.

There's a happy medium between doing the costumes exactly as they appear in the comics and putting everyone in black leather. Nobody is suggesting they be in black leather or not wear costumes at all, that I'm aware of.

There's a happy medium between doing the costumes exactly as they appear in the comics and putting everyone in black leather. Nobody is suggesting they be in black leather or not wear costumes at all, that I'm aware of.

I understand I was using sarcasm. :yay: The MCU has found the perfect balance (imo) so I expect the same here, even though it's a Marvel TV (not Studios) production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"