Inhumans The Iwan Rheon is Maximus Thread

A question that I had: What does Marvel need to do to differentiate Maximus from Loki? They certainly have a lot of similarities, being the evil brother of the heir to a mystical kingdom. Hiddleston's performance, especially in TDW, seem very Maximus-like. What should be done so that it doesn't seem as if they are ripping off their own characters? One though I had was to emphasize the madness aspect, as in make him a really dangerous lunatic, and not just a scheming trickster.

Lots of villans have similarities. You are over thinking it.

Has anyone mentioned Eddie Redmayne? He'd definitely have potential but I get the feeling he'll be over-exposed by 2018.

I don't think the comparisons to Loki are a minor concern. It may be worth not having him as the first villain.

How is it a major concern? Comparisons are inevitable so why run from it? Why is it something that's even an issue? These dynamics go all the way back to the Greeks, which even Shakespeare borrowed from, so again, who cares....

I'm not saying it isn't going to happen eventually, but why start with it. You still need to sell the Inhumans as characters as something different from every other group. Having the first villain come off as a Loki wannabe isn't a good start.

How about Clive Owen?

clive_owen.jpg

The Inhumans distinguish themselves pretty easily from other groups. When I think of them in the MCU, I think punk rock.

Similarities/comparisons are only going to get more frequent the more CBM's flood the marketplace, again, so what? The Inhumans success or failure isn't going to rest on comparisons between Maximus and Loki.

One of the big problems with Maximus is not to have him come off looking like Loki v. 2.0. An actor with "Hiddleston-like" qualities would compound that issue.

How about Cillian Murphy?

latest

Last edited:
Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Maximus

I'd never have thought of Owen as Maximus, but it's an interesting choice!!

Now that Inhumans is on television, how about Iwan Rheon from Game of Thrones?

Lots of villans have similarities. You are over thinking it.

Has anyone mentioned Eddie Redmayne? He'd definitely have potential but I get the feeling he'll be over-exposed by 2018.

He is definitely too high profile for television. Eddie is my choice for Electro.

What if Maximus isn't the villain for Season 1 and he's being saved for Season 2 with a cliffhanger at the end of the final episode where he goes bad? I'd be up for Shatterstar (The Kree, not the X-Man), Zarek or the Skrulls as the villains for Season 1.

If it's true that Marvel are changing Carol Danver's story dramatically to no longer make her have any connection to the Kree, then I can see the Lunatic Legion or Starforce showing up. That way Maximus can get his hands on Kree robots to use as his minions in Season 2.

Andrew Gower
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce-Xap3_6PU
297349-AndrewGower-13487415687.83.jpg

Just binged Being Human (UK) on BBC Iplayer. I think this guy would be great. He played a character that had a mix of Loki, Moriarty, and Ramsey.

I hope they cast unknowns. This guy is my current number 1 choice.

Even if Maximus isn't the villain, I can't see him not being introduced. After all, even when Maximum isn't the proximate big bad, he's still a part of the Royal Family and hangs around their outskirts. He can easily be the crazy uncle that royals go to for help when they really, really need it, and urgency overcomes caution.

Maximus is interesting because you could go a number of different ways with how you cast him.

I think he is the best choice for the show's villain though. They can't really use Blastar, Ronan, or Supreme Intelligence at this point anymore. They had Lash on AOS, but he's dead.

Ideally, since we only have a first confirmed season, I think they should just go all in on Maximus the Mad. Or maybe he starts off as benevolent, but has secret been scheming behind the scenes all along. Perhaps he could be the cause of Attilan finally getting exposed to the larger world, something the Royal Family wouldn't be ready for.

I think Martin Wallström from Mr Robot would be good for Maximus

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"