• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Horror 'The Last of Us' HBO Series

Roles as in actual roles, or cameos?

First Look at The Last of Us HBO Series' Two Leads - IGN

Druckmann also brought to the stage Joel's voice actor Troy Baker and Ellie's voice actor Ashley Johnson who will both have roles in the upcoming HBO series, but not as Joel or Ellie. Druckmann promises these roles are not winking cameos, but something substantial.

The Last of Us director also promised the HBO series will be the most faithful video game adaptation to date, which considering his involvement in both the game and show could be more than just a promise.

Huh. Okay.

I can buy Troy Baker, but given how Ashley Johnson's normal voice is basically like OG Ellie, it's going to be distracting I think.

Jeez, for a second I got really creeped out and thought that was a headless clicker on the right in the background but upon closer inspection it looks like it's a mannequin. Lol :o
Haha I thought the same thing. I was like WTF that’s new.

Great footage.

I was rewatching Chernobyl through youtube reactions and man... I almost forgot how incredible Craig Mazin did on that show, it's still like no other miniseries.

Yeah, this looks great as expected. The production value was on point, and Pedro Pascal sounds excellent as Joel. It’s almost kind of creepily uncanny. I am so excited for seeing what he’ll do with a lot of the more heavy/brutal and emotional scenes.

Of course, people online are already crapping on Bella Ramsey’s performance as Ellie from five seconds of footage, just because of how different it is from Ashley Johnson. I am reserving my judgment until we get a full trailer, but I think she sounds good so far, in a different way. It’s an adaptation, and I’m not expecting everything to look and sound exactly the same as the game. They are doing their own take, so there is going to be some differences.

Love that in the promo it said HBO Original. It made it feel more prestige. So I’m glad this is an HBO show because let’s be real the HBO Max shows besides a few haven’t lived up to the name.

And having them save it for last in their promo video seems like they're putting it on the same level as GoT/HoD.

Looks great. All of the other shows in that reel were white noise in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"