The Long Night prequel series

blackdragon6

Sidekick
Reaction score
As far as I know it's not actually called The Long Night (to the chagrin of George). But apparently it'll be called something else...probably.

But what are y'all hoping for with this show? I was hoping we would see more children of the forest in this show, and their conflicts with humans tbh. This just looks like GoT 2.0 but set elsewhere so far. But hopefully we still see the above conflict and the building of the wall.

was that not confirmed by the first synopsis that we see the beginning 1000 years ago

was that not confirmed by the first synopsis that we see the beginning 1000 years ago
Yeah, I hope they stick with that. But you never know. Most of the show (at least season one) seems to be taking place in the southeastern part of Planetos.

That's what I heard too, I wonder will they go into greater detail about the Children Of the Forest? In terms of their culture, society, the weirwoods etc.

well i think we see the first white walker at some point also the children of the forest too

well i think we see the first white walker at some point also the children of the forest too
Which would be the Night King, as he was technically the first White Walker that the children of the forest created.

I hope that the prequel series will be the opposite of the primary season in one way. In Game of Thrones, Winter is always coming. But at the end of the day, it consists of 2 seasons... and what will probably only be one major battle between the living and the dead. I originally imagined Winter as a grueling series of years, 5-7 years our time. I'd like the prequels to take place in the Winter... in the first season. Get right into it.

I hope that Night King gets a more primary role in this. The intrigue of the capital is cool... and it'll be neat to see Lannister patriarchs and matriarchs... but I want more Night King. I want Ice spiders as big as hounds. I want the Long Night.

i just hope we see more Giants or at least one Hero Giant Like Wun Wun , i mean they at the same old as the Children of The Forest and the White Walkers and the helped to Built the Wall so they need to be show up

I hope that the prequel series will be the opposite of the primary season in one way. In Game of Thrones, Winter is always coming. But at the end of the day, it consists of 2 seasons... and what will probably only be one major battle between the living and the dead. I originally imagined Winter as a grueling series of years, 5-7 years our time. I'd like the prequels to take place in the Winter... in the first season. Get right into it. I hope that Night King gets a more primary role in this. The intrigue of the capital is cool... and it'll be neat to see Lannister patriarchs and matriarchs... but I want more Night King. I want Ice spiders as big as hounds. I want the Long Night.

i just hope we see more Giants or at least one Hero Giant Like Wun Wun , i mean they at the same old as the Children of The Forest and the White Walkers and the helped to Built the Wall so they need to be show up
Agreed with everything here

As far as I know it's not actually called The Long Night (to the chagrin of George). But apparently it'll be called something else...probably.

But what are y'all hoping for with this show? I was hoping we would see more children of the forest in this show, and their conflicts with humans tbh. This just looks like GoT 2.0 but set elsewhere so far. But hopefully we still see the above conflict and the building of the wall.

I know the chances of it happening are probably slim to none but for some reason I love the idea of an exploration/adventure type series that follows the journey of character trying to map the continent of Sothoryos or maybe they just need to escape and they go there.

I loved the idea of exploring the unknown continent and people having no idea of what lies ahead, plus it would offer up a totally different setting in terms of jungle's.

These are just the dangers they know about: Sothoryos is home to many fatal diseases, including blood boils, green fever, dancing plague, sweetrot, bronze pate, the Red Death, greyscale, brownleg, wormbone, sailor's bane, pus-eye, and yellowgum.

The Zamoyos and other streams are home to crocodiles and swarms of carnivorous fish capable of stripping a man's flesh in minutes. The continent is also swarming with stinging flies, venomous snakes, wasps and worms that lay their eggs beneath the skins of horses, hogs, and men alike. Basilisk Point is full of the eponymous animals, some of which are twice the size of lions. The forests south of Yeen are also said to be the home of apes that dwarf the largest giants, capable of killing elephants with a single blow.

Farther south, in the Green Hell there are reports of white vampire bats that can drain the blood of a man in minutes, tattooed lizards that run down their preys and rip them apart with long curved claws on their hind legs, snakes fifty feet long, spotted spiders, and the most terrible of all predators: wyverns

I know the chances of it happening are probably slim to none but for some reason I love the idea of an exploration/adventure type series that follows the journey of character trying to map the continent of Sothoryos or maybe they just need to escape and they go there.

I loved the idea of exploring the unknown continent and people having no idea of what lies ahead, plus it would offer up a totally different setting in terms of jungle's.

These are just the dangers they know about: Sothoryos is home to many fatal diseases, including blood boils, green fever, dancing plague, sweetrot, bronze pate, the Red Death, greyscale, brownleg, wormbone, sailor's bane, pus-eye, and yellowgum.

The Zamoyos and other streams are home to crocodiles and swarms of carnivorous fish capable of stripping a man's flesh in minutes. The continent is also swarming with stinging flies, venomous snakes, wasps and worms that lay their eggs beneath the skins of horses, hogs, and men alike. Basilisk Point is full of the eponymous animals, some of which are twice the size of lions. The forests south of Yeen are also said to be the home of apes that dwarf the largest giants, capable of killing elephants with a single blow.

Farther south, in the Green Hell there are reports of white vampire bats that can drain the blood of a man in minutes, tattooed lizards that run down their preys and rip them apart with long curved claws on their hind legs, snakes fifty feet long, spotted spiders, and the most terrible of all predators: wyverns

that would be actual awesome too , did you read the books or from where you got this infos ?

I think this is a great idea for another separate spin off. I also wanted a far East series staring Donnie Yen. Donnie likely wouldn't do it, but a girl can dream.

They say its just a pilot so far. But I wonder when it'll actually get ordered to series tho

I really want them to do something different for the first prequel. This is just going to repeat the same apex conflict of Game of Thrones for a different time, so it's almost as boring as the new Star Wars just resurrecting the Empire vs the Rebellion. Personally I also think that the conflicts between the humans have always been more interesting in A Song of Ice and Fire than the threat in the north. It's the intricate social and political structures of the land that's the true genius of this world.

I really want them to do something different for the first prequel. This is just going to repeat the same apex conflict of Game of Thrones for a different time, so it's almost as boring as the new Star Wars just resurrecting the Empire vs the Rebellion. Personally I also think that the conflicts between the humans have always been more interesting in A Song of Ice and Fire than the threat in the north. It's the intricate social and political structures of the land that's the true genius of this world.
Eh, I'm interested in seeing the age of heroes to see what was what. The original long night could wash the bitterness out of my mouth that GoT S8e3 left behind. Besides this show can have it's own identity. Not all of planetos has to be about politics.

If the White Walkers are that powerful, how would they actually make the war last 100 years?

Too right. He was far better! Much better make up job, and a far stronger look.

Yeah. I heard that they recast the role because the second guy is a professional stuntman, but like... he didn't do any stunts. So what was the point?

Plus, just the fact that the original guy was the dude who killed Thomas and Martha Wayne made him cooler, haha. Bruce actually owes him some gratitude for not raising them from the dead immediately after killing them.

If the Night King shows up, I hope they use the original actor (Joe Chill!). That dude had a much creepier death stare than the second dude.

I don't know, Vladimir Furdik had more screen time as the NK and I feel he was a good choice. He has the blank emotionless look in his eyes. I hope they keep him.

I think there was only really one shot where the Night King, or any other White Walker, had something interesting to his character in the show, and that was when he smiled after Drogon's fire couldn't hurt him. That was the only time he showed a bit of character and wasn't just this emotionless thing that walked around.

That's what I miss from the books, as already in the prologue the Others (as the White Walkers are called there) mock and laugh at Ser Weymar Royce before killing him. That's far more scary than just emotionless beings, and you already have the wights be the emotionless killing machines anyway. To see that the threat is very alien but still shows clear relatable intelligence and desire in how they act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"